SE still at it! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfweeench

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Today I got a call from my mom telling me she purchased some cartridges from Smoking Everywhere, and she was quite happy with her purchase. That is, until I told her she was ripped off ($10 for 5 cartridges... ugh) and that they weren't compatible with the M401. While I was still on the phone, she went back to ask them why they told her they were compatible, and I heard them reply...
"Your son is wrong, the numbers and letters only specify color."

I work for a small supplier in North Dallas and frequently get the customer who has dealt with SE. Several of my customers say they were told the liquid is illegal. I don't understand how you could logically explain that the liquid in the cartridge is okay, but not the stuff in a bottle. :confused:

By the way, my mother only went by SE because I was at work and she needed to vape.

Last edited:

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
While I was still on the phone, she went back to ask them why they told her they were compatible, and I heard them reply...
"Your son is wrong, the numbers and letters only specify color."

I'm suprised they didn't call Mall Security over and have your mom forcibly removed from the mall for "interfering with SE business" like they tried to do with me.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
So it doesn't matter where you go there will always be buttheads trying to make as fast a buck as possible with no thought to their customers, but this guy sure is not one of them, so I can't imagine that ALL of the SE kiosks are all rip off schemes either.

My .02
- Hap

True. When I bought my SE kit from a vendor in Mass last May (my first kit), he seemed to know his stuff about e-cigs. And he did mention that the FDA was stopping shipments and that SE was in a lawsuit with them. He never mentioned that they were FDA approved and never made a stop smoking claim. And although it was still overpriced, he did give me a "discount" of the $195.99 SE Gold kit for $149.99 and tossed in a extra couple of boxes of carts for free. (I verified on the SE website that the kit he sold me was indeed $195.99 if you bought it online) So not all SE kiosk runners are buttheads. Just the ones that want to make a fast buck.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
By FDA regs and (as I've currently heard) a Federal District Court order ANY ecig maufacturer/disributor/seller cannot make any direct health claims(i.e. ecig's are safer/healthier then tobacco cigs/ecigs are a viable NRT therapy) because no FDA accepted U.S. Clinical Studies have been done to show this.

If you go to the Smoking Everywhere website, they removed all references to it being healthier. So the company is no longer making that claim. It may be that the individual vendors still make that though.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
If you go to the Smoking Everywhere website, they removed all references to it being healthier. So the company is no longer making that claim. It may be that the individual vendors still make that though.

I can verify that, at least, the "individual vendor" in my mall definitely is. But the damage has already been done no matter how they polish their website.
Also, didn't they just put out 2 huge full page web ad's like, a week ago, still making the health claims as a last ditch sales effort.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
What are the false medical claims they make?

NOOOooooo. Please don't tell me the medical claims are fake. I only bought it because the guy with the shifty eyes swore to me, that it cures Baldness. Kills Toenail fungus. Improves hearing & vision. Shrinks enlarged prostate. Treats erectile dysfunction. Relieves hemorrhoid pain. Stops flesh eating bacteria. Speeds up metabolism. Slows down aging. Increases weight loss. Builds muscle mass. Removes pimples, wrinkles, and liver spots. Improves memory. Alleviates lumbago. Eliminates bad breath. Cures athletes foot, and stops ......... Did I miss anything? :lol:

Last edited:

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
Yesterday I went to the mall to get a present for my dads birthday. As I walked thru, to my surprise, I noticed that the Smoking Everywhere kiosk was still there. It had been 6-7 months since i had visited this mall.

Out of curiosity, I lingered around for a second to listen to what he was about to tell a prospect that asked him if this device could help him quit smoking. He looked at me and I pulled out my 510 and said this thing has kept me off analogs for 7 months. Morally, I felt even tho it would interfere with SE business I warned him that there is a potential FDA ban looming.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT THE LITTLE S.E. DUDE SAID NEXT:

"Oh do not listen to him, we were FDA approved about a month ago.

l lost it then as I said "You are a liar"!!!!

I gave the prospect the address for ECF and said decide for yourself about the trtuth...

WTF:evil:

You know these people told me they would sell those $99.99 kits for $23 dollars ( depending on the quantity ) if you had interest in being a distributor for them.

I inquired about the "UNO" disposible to try the concept first before deciding if it's right for me and was told they sell those for $29.99.
I'm all for a business making a prophet but damn!

When they hit me with the $29.00 price to try a disposable I thought it sounded fishy and they didn't sound like a good company. I found this place and confirmed my suspicions.

I still haven't tried an e-cig yet but I've got a DRAGON on the way !

Smoking everywhere and those like them are like Lawyers, you know there are some good ones around it's just the crooked ones that are so easy to find !

whistlrr

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Michigan's Knobbywristbone
NOOOooooo. Please don't tell me the medical claims are fake. I only bought it because the guy with the shifty eyes swore to me, that it cures Baldness. Kills Toenail fungus. Improves hearing & vision. Shrinks enlarged prostate. Treats erectile dysfunction. Relieves hemorrhoid pain. Stops flesh eating bacteria. Speeds up metabolism. Slows down aging. Increases weight loss. Builds muscle mass. Removes pimples, wrinkles, and liver spots. Improves memory. Alleviates lumbago. Eliminates bad breath. Cures athletes foot, and stops ......... Did I miss anything? :lol:

you forgot that if you call in the next ten minutes (while operators are standing by and while supplies last) that additionally it

dramatically reduces cumulus clouds, is guaranteed to entirely stop all Matlock reruns on your TV (unless you happen to like Matlock reruns on your TV, in which case it'll increase 'em), rids your basement of all pests (including those pesky neighbors of yours who you know are always performing voodoo down there)

Do not fold spindle or mutilate
Offer not available in the continental United States
No refund, no returns, no warranty
Do not use without first consulting your physician
These claims have not been approved by the FDA (or your grandmother)

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
IMO, the only reason it's considered a "false" or "unproven" claim of smoking cessation is because the FDA considers "smoking cessation = nicotine cessation."

Because, as soon as you replace smoking with vaping, you HAVE stopped smoking - just not stopped using nicotine.

Done and done.

Kurt, i grew up with a conspiracy theorist of a father, and i recall when i was younger thinking that he was a bit of a nutcase.

rather undeniably, most of his ideas (if that's the right term) came to be very true. reasonably, it's possible that the whole thing is a power play. Ever see 'thank you for smoking'? it's the reverse, but still i find a kernel of truth. people are nuts, and some are too slick. I guess we'll have to see.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
SE products are on par performance wise with any other Commercal e-cig. As for the price---way out of line.

Sun

Yes, their prices are very high compared to what we get online. Too high? I dunno considering the Mall Rent, staff, advertising, etc. There are a lot of people in a big organization that have to be paid before a profit is made. You can't compare them to a online supplier, especially a small one probably working from home.

I bought a 5v USB wall plug adapter at Radio Shack for my PS USB Passthrough the other day. Wanted to make sure I got a good one before the PV got here. It was $24.95. It has one USB port which is rated at 1amp. Barely kept up with the passthrough. So I came across a thread by Markarich159 with a link to a 2 port wall plug that's pushes 2amps. With shipping it was $3.90 and arrived in 3 days. Great unit. The Radio Shack one is going back.

My first PV was an NJOY and it didn't work very well. But they honored their warranty blazing fast - all I had to do was call and say the charger died and I had a new one in 2 days with a prepaid shipping label to send the old one back. It got me started and I'm still grateful for that.

I wouldn't recommend either of these companies to someone starting out, but lets face it - NJOY and SE are responsible for a LOT of people finding out about e-cigs. And the profits they've made are funding the lawsuit which would IMO have come about irregardless.

I DO wish they would do a more responsible job representing their products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread