Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
YouTube - Sedansa 3 Week Re-Review

Overall Rating: 4.25
Pros: Excellent smoke volume, outstanding easy draw, up to 8 hours useable battery life.
Cons: Long cutoff period between full draws, shipping charges and time to US.

Atomizer Performance: 4.5
1- Smoke; 4
2- Draw; 5
Battery Performance: 4
1- Switch; 4
2- Battery life; 4
Overall reliability and performance: 4
Appearance/Build Quality: 4.5
Customer Service Experience:
Limited experience only. Processed and shipped within 2 days, arrived within 9 days, from Belgium to the California. Was promised 1 replacement atomizer and 1 battery, but neither have arrived yet.
Atomizer interchangeability: Janty; ePuffer.
Battery interchangeability: Janty; ePuffer.
Charger interchangeability: ePuffer.
Cartridge interchangeability; Janty; ePuffer. Cartridges may also be used sub-optimally in njoy etc., but Njoy etc. cartridges can not be used in Sedansa.

Well, after 3 weeks of use as my main e-cig the atomizer performance has dropped from a 5 to a 4. The battery life has been steady at around 125 5-second puffs. That’s about 8.66 hours figured at 15 2-3 second hits every 25 minutes, the figures used by Sedansa, so my figures agree roughly with their official estimate. It works out to about 25% better than Njoy, which I have used as my benchmark for standard pen style batteries. The switch performance, draw, and overall reliability are unchanged. So, after 3 weeks use, my overall rating is 4.25.

BTW, I have ordered an ePuffer Elite starter kit, because it looks like it is equivalent to the Sedansa Diva. If it is, at $80CAN it’s a hell of a lot better deal, plus they sell atomizers at 3 for $60CAN. I will let you know if the batteries, in particular, really do stack up equally.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
it is very light use thow.. fifteen 2- 3 second puffs every 25 minutes.. i would treble this.. so would my eldest son who i have just ask the queston.. "how many 2 - 3 second puffs in 25 minutes.. he said hmmm about fifty..

an ex 30 a day users comments.. in fact two of them.. three weeks in leafords timeline would be one week in our time line.. as long as we know..

trog

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Two puffs a minute? Throughout the day? Really, Trog?

In any case, that was Sedansa's formula for how they figured their 8-hour claim. Not my personal use pattern. All I was saying is, my 125 5-second puffs works out to enough seconds to make their math work. My results agree with theirs to that extent, and I was finishing my batteries within 7-10 hours depending on how heavy I was puffing. But I was not following their 15 puffs per 25 minute formula myself.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
15 puffs per 25 minutes? Wow- no wonder my batteries don't last long- I'm puffing probably 15 puffs per 5 minutes or less (I'll have to count) i'm getting about 3-4 hours on my batteries which are probably 4 weeks old now maybe 5, so they're gettign a bit weak-

Leaford, I noted you showed the SmartFixx penstyle in one of your videos once, if you wouldn't mind, could you just show a comparison between it and Janty? Brief- just a few vapor cloud comparisons, in one of your videos? I'm still gettign really good clouds, but it's tough to judge how it woudl stack up against somethign liek the Janty, or even the Sedansa as the clouds look good to me, but might be different on camera-

I've never been able ot see the cloud exhales in video, and I note that what looks great to me when I exhale, doesn't looks a volimuous when I view it in the mirror, so I'm thinking maybe it woudl be same on video where it doesn't look as volume as it appears to me when I see the cloud in front of me normally (does that make sense?) I'm not wordign htis right I guess- I just think that what I think is a good cloud might not be so great when viewed on video

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
first i think the 2 -3 seconds puffs are a little short.. but it has been claimed a five to one ratio exists.. five e cigs puffs to one real cig puff.. nicotine intake wise..

sooo 20 a day at fifteen puffs per cig.. equals 300 puffs which equals 1500 e cig puffs which gives us over 100 puffs per hour over a 14 hour smoking day..

a 30 a take man would hit around 150 puffs per hour.. or 80 or so in your 25 minutes..

sooo it would be a very light user indeed at fifteen 2 -3 second puffs per 25 minutes.. who uses such sort puffs anyways.. they barely give the atomizer time to warm up.. 50% of the puff would be wasted..

i assume the makers use figures to make their product look as good as possible..

having just tried some 2.5 second puffs on a ruyan cigar.. they dont exactly produce much vapour.. i am more of a five second man myself..

trog

Last edited:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
In the end, My Njoy batteries, a standard penstyle battery, lasted me around 100 5-second puffs. The Sedansa lasted around 125 5-second puffs. That's 25% longer.

The puffs per hour blah blah blah was just an attempt to translate that into "normal" use. I used the Sedansa figures because I had no standard figures of my own, and to see if they worked out. That 25% longer is the important part, though, not the esitmate of "normal" use.

I don't care whether you take 25 puffs per hour, 2 per minute, or one all damn day long, whetehr you take 2-3 second drags, or full 5 second drags every time; according to my results, a Sedansa battery lasts 25% longer than a standard battery would, no matter how you use it. That's the point.

esmokey

Jun 25, 2008
Great review Leaford.

My wife is using the ePuffer Elite pen style cigarette for more then a month now and she is very happy with it. For $79 you can't go wrong. We also got two 5-packs as a bonus and that brings it down to only $59 for the actual cigarette. The same quality brands in europe go for over 2 bills.

ePuffer.com just released their version of Mini Cigarette called EAZE, any comments or it is too early as product just been released.

kaesecake

Aug 6, 2008
Quick question, I'm sorry if you mentioned it and it escaped my eyes.

So the atomizer lasted those whole three weeks, or did you have to replace them.

From what I've read it seems they don't last too long, so I was just curious, b/c then that is pretty good.

Btw, I think I saw you on you tube before coming here :) just kind of interesting to run into you twice on the internet looking up e-cigs, though maybe not, b/c I see it's a pretty small group still.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
So you just mail it off without e-mailing them first? Because my typical Sedansa customer service experience has been, e-mail them, wait one week for reply, then wait 2 weeks for goods to arrive. E-mail them again. One week later get reply with tracking number and find out the goods didn't get shipped until after you e-mailed a week ago. Receive goods a week later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread