Sedansa Video Review and Demo, using my standardized ratings system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
YouTube - Diva video review and Demo.

Name: Sedansa Diva
Category: Pen Style

Items purchased and Price: Starter Kit 92EU, One box High Strength Mint Cartridges, 8.95 EU.
Shipping, tax, etc. Shipping 25 Euro, Tax 17.52 EU (included in above prices).
Total Price: 125.95 EU, $203.98US.
Warranty/Guarantee: 30 day money back guarantee. 5 year product guarantee.

Overall Rating: 4.75

Pros: Outstanding smoke volume, outstanding easy draw, up to 24 hours useable battery life.

Cons: Long cutoff period between full draws, shipping charges and time to US.

Atomizer Performance: 5
1- Smoke; 5
2- Draw; 5

Battery Performance: 4.5
1- Switch; 4
2- Battery life; 5

Overall reliability and performance: 4

Appearance/Build Quality: 4.5

Customer Service Experience:
Limited experience only. Processed and shipped within 2 days, arrived within 9 days, from Belgium to the California. No experience yet with returns or exchanges.

Contents: 1 Mouthpiece, 1 Atomizer, 2 Extra Long Life batteries, 1 Charger, 1 EU power cord, 1 Auto Charger, 1 Velvet Carrying Bag, 5 Promotional Postcards.
Extras: Velvet carrying bag, Auto charger.

Notes:

Battery charging times; 8 hrs initial charge, 3-4 thereafter.

Atomizer interchangeability: Janty (pre-KISSbox); E-puffer.

Battery interchangeability: Janty (pre-KISSbox); E-puffer. Sedansa battery can be used on Janty KISSbox atomizer, but KISSbox batteries can not be used on Sedansa atomizer. Njoy batteries will work on Sedansa atomizer, but Sedansa batteries do not work in Njoy atomizer.

Charger interchangeability: None.

Cartridge interchangeability; Janty; E-Puffer. Cartridges may also be used sub-optimally in Njoy etc., but Njoy etc. cartridges can not be used in Sedansa.

Narrative review:

This is absolutely the best E-Cig I have tried yet! :D I know I have said that a lot, but only because I’ve tried better and better cigs as I’ve gone on.

I got the Sedansa primarily because I wanted to test out the supposedly extra long life battery. And I wasn’t at all disappointed. I was in fact blown away. But what I hadn’t expected at all was the truly outstanding atomizer performance.

It is expensive, running 92 Euros for the starter kit, including tax. That includes the Atomizer, 2 batteries, charger and power cord, a car charger, and a velvet carrying bag, emblazoned with the logo. With a box of cartridges and 25 Euro shipping, it came to 125.95 Euro, or $203.98US.

The cartridges I thought were outstandingly packaged, well labeled for both strength and flavor on the box and on the cartridges, and with the logo on the cartridge canister. All very handy for keeping straight which cartridges are which.

Turning to the atomizer performance, starting with the vapor, I get thick billowy clouds of very dry and smooth feeling vapor. More vapor than even Meltrix’s DSE 901. I give it a perfect 5. And it has a very nice light draw, just like water through a straw, with no gurgles or whistles. There is a low-pitched, hollow, windy sound, but it’s very quiet, and I can only hear it in a totally silent room. Again, I give it a perfect 5 for its draw.

The batteries, as I mentioned have an amazing life span. My first fully charged battery lasted 25 hours before performance dropped noticeably. My second lasted 20 hours before performance dropped, but I kept smoking, and got 30 hours of use total before the warning lights flashed. Even at the end, the smoke volume was at least a 3.5 to 4. I give it a full 5 for battery life.

The switch performs very smoothly, with only a tiny delay. I have only one criticism, and that’s that there’s a very long cut off period. If you draw on it for more than 5 seconds, the LED flashes, and the switch cuts off power to protect the atomizer from overheating. That’s normal and expected. But the cutoff period is usually only a second or two, maybe five or so tops. This one cuts off for a full 35 seconds. That’s not just long, it’s long to the 6th power, as I demonstrate in my video review. J I’d give it a full 5, but I gotta take off a point for the long cutoff. I usually take two or three quick hits in a row, and that’s too long to wait for a second hit, let alone the third. So it gets a 4 for the switch.

The performance is remarkably reliable and consistent, with no priming needed. I haven’t had any issues. I give it a perfect 5.

Lastly, the appearance and build quality. I got the Indigo, a dark blue. It has a dark chrome band, whereas I think a brass or gold band would match the blue better. But that’s just a quibble. It has a brand logo, but it’s discretely placed on the band. It’s an attractive color, and has a nice translucent gloss.They have the widest variety of colors of any brand, even if they’re mostly too feminine for us guys. J

And I like the green LED. I’d give them a five on appearance, but they lose a half point on build quality because one of my batteries came with a crooked connector. So, they get a 4.5.

That averages out to a 4.75; which I think will stand as my highest rating for quite some time. :D:thumb:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE WEEK UPDATE

YouTube - Sedansa One Week Update pt1

You Tube - Sedansa One Week Update pt2

YouTube - Sedansa One Week Update pt3

YouTube - Sedansa One Week Update pt4

YouTube - Sedansa One Week Update pt5

OK, it has now been a week.
I’m going to do this one week update a bit differently. Instead of one video, I’m going to do a series of them throughout the day and night, and post them as close to real time as I can. I’ll load it with a medium strength liquid, and try to e-smoke it almost exclusively, except for an occasional power hit from a high strength mini. And I will take vid clips whenever I refill or top off the cartridge, and occasionally in between, until tomorrow morning.

This way, we can all see how the battery life and cartridge life are holding up, and along the way I can incorporate a few tips and tricks, like refilling, dripping, and so on.

Right now, my evaluation of the Sedansa Diva is the same. Atomizer and battery performance, reliability, etc, are all unchanged.

A couple things have happened. I have had my first part failure, and I found out that the crooked battery connector I thought I had was actually a wiggling atomizer connector.

The battery was actually kind of a spectacular failure. The switch got stuck in the “ON” position. I drew on it for 5 seconds, and it didn’t cut off. 7 seconds. Still going. I took it out of my mouth. It was going on its own, and vapor was pouring out of the mouthpiece! :eek: I removed it, put it back on, and it still kept doing it. I tried blowing into it to dislodge the switch. No go. Then I set it aside overnight, and now it’s completely dead.

I don’t count parts failures in my ratings. My review is based on a working device. Failures happen. I include them in my narrative review, but the main impact on my review is on the customer service evaluation. I have e-mailed Sedansa, and I will keep you closely appraised how the replacement goes.

The wiggly connector is a build quality issue, but I already included it in my rating; I just used to think it was the battery, not the atomizer. No change to the score. Again, I have reported it, and will let you know how the exchange goes.

As to the long automatic cutoff, I've been asked whether that happens after every hit. No it's not every hit. Only after a long hit. All e-cigs cut off after 5 seconds or so, this is normal and automatic, to protect the atomizer. This one is just a very long cutoff period.

According to the Dutch forum, though, it's not a matter of the length of the hit, but the temperature of the atomizer. The battery can sense when the atomizer needs to cool off. This communication is the reason for the long battery life, and hopefully will also lead to a longer lasting atomizer.

I've experimented since I read that, and the length of the drag you can take does vary with the atomizer temp, and I've gotten up to a 7 second hit, or as short as 3, before it cuts off. It always takes 30 seconds or so to cool down enough.

So, a week since I received it, and I’m just as happy as the first day, and my ratings all stand unchanged. But I haven’t been closely tracking battery life, and never tracked cartridge life, so let’s see what we see, eh?

Oh, one more thing. Regarding my decision to sign up as a Sedansa affiliate; I did it because it does seem like a product I can fully support and recommend. I hope no one thinks I approached it the other way around. I’m finding I am eNjoying doing these reviews, and want to continue. A little extra income would help me buy more models for review, so I will continue signing up for affiliateships for products I like. But I realize it was tacky to post it on SJ’s board, since he needs the same income for the same reason, to continue to bring us the board. So from now on, I’ll keep my affiliate links off forum, on my Youtube pages.

Last edited:

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
Thanks for the video.

I personally would not like a e-cig to dictates to me when I can draw on it.
I think one of the reasons the battery last longer is because you can't drag on it all the time.

I would like to know a month or 3 months from now how long you can use the battery without charging.

I also want to add that it's pricey!!! To say the least.

I know you have the classic KISS also.
How do those two compair?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Hey great review. Looks like a good cig.
Too bad about the long time between drags. Is the wait less if you don't drag for the max time (5 seconds?)? What happens if you take two short drags instead?
Sorry, I should have been more clear; if you take shorter hits, there is no cutoff. It's only if you puff longer than 5 seconds that it cuts off.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Thanks for the video.

I personally would not like a e-cig to dictates to me when I can draw on it.
Then order the KISSbox and use the manual switch. Because everything else cuts off after 5 seconds. The only thing different is how long the Sedansa is out for.

I think one of the reasons the battery last longer is because you can't drag on it all the time.
I don't think that explains it all.

I know you have the classic KISS also.
How do those two compair?
The KISSbox review will come soon. But it doesn't rate as highly. ;)

McSocker

Jul 1, 2008
Singapore
wow great review using a great format.... just a suggestion... you may like to indicate how many days have you used the product upon arrival, intensity of usage so that others can even better relate to your review.....

and hopefully there can be follow-up reviews after maybe 1 week, 2 weeks 4 weeks e.t.c. if you can afford the time...

and thanks a lot for this review...

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Great work Leaford, looks like there might be another raid on the bank! I have some experience with Sedansa (Nano v2) and it's a very good example of the Super Mini style. I have also had some post-sales customer service experience. One of the batteries failed and they sent a replacement without asking for the duff one to be returned first (it's now in my e-cig graveyard). Their shipping times to UK are broadly comparable to your experience. The initial delivery and battery replacement took about 7 days. All in all I'm very satisfied with this company.

Emp

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Know what ya mean Rachel! My only hope is to find a new gizmo to blow my cash on. Indoor helicopters are looking good.

Hang on - that's how I got in this mess in the first place! Spotted the Gamucci on iwantoneofthose.com.

I've heard very little about that particular supplier since. Not too surprising since they're way expensive and have a very limited flavour range. However, and this shoulda been a plus, you can buy them over the counter as well as via the web. (The counter is Chinawhites, though, a flash club where a beer'll set ya back about as much as the Gamucci)

Anybody got one? If so, is it any good?

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
Know what ya mean Rachel! My only hope is to find a new gizmo to blow my cash on. Indoor helicopters are looking good.

After buying all my e-cigs, I'm lucky to have enough money left for gum. LOL - but as I stated before, I will continue to spend my money on new e-cigs, hoping for the day I can say "I found the perfect one". :)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Thanks for the very informative review Leaford, you convinced me to order a Sedansa Diva.

I'm stocking up with ecigs, don't want to risk having to go back to burining tobacco again if anything goes wrong with one of my devices. I've got two RN4072s from Smokester and will have the Sedansa this week so should be set up now for a while.

I too found out about ecigs by finding the Gamucci on iwantoneofthose.com. They seem to have done us a favour, even if none of us did buy the Gamucci from them. We've all ended up as converts to the 'cause'.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Hi Mr D

Wasn't going to - but that whizzy little Flash demo with all the beautiful people vogue-ing it up will live with me forever. Just bears out what I always knew:

It is big and it is clever
Is that a Dr Who line? Sounds like the Doctor talking about his brain. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread