The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Seriously bummed..

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Doctorvapes, Feb 28, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I think it's time to start holding people accountable for their lies. Unfortunately, the law no longer holds NEWS to actually be news and true. The most honest they have to be is the same level as advertisements. And, we know how honest those are.

What I really wish is that some of the 'authorites' would get caught, actual written proof in emails or somewhere that they knew they were spreading lies and doing it anyway. Certainly that could be prosecuted, I hope.

My 7 year vapeversary was last week. In my opinion, vaping has already saved my life!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Would it be that difficult or unreasonable to ask Dr. Spangler, since e-cigarettes contain or produce "chemicals used in chemical weapons", why there are no cases of hospitalizations or deaths from breathing/inhaling those chemicals in 10 years of e-cigarette use?

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I take a little different approach, I post as much information in the comments as possible. I have collected a fair amount of research myself and whenever I can I share it with the uninformed. I even print them and leave packets in my car. Whenever someone starts talking about the evils of vaping I politely ask them to wait a minute and come back with some easy reading.

Our only chance is to fight back and spread the word. If the media won't do it we have to do it ourselves. If ever you want information just shoot me a PM, I'll be more then happy to share but don't ask if your not going to use it.

If we don't do this together we'll lose to Pharma and BT and their endless stacks of cash. Grassroots has worked before, it will work again.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Should ask him if he drinks water, which contains a chemical used in thermonuclear weapons (hydrogen bomb)

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I'm BBQ'ing a steak tonight. If I don't post over the next couple of days you know what happened :(

"One of the most distinctive features of summer is the rich scent of barbecue wafting through the neighborhood at dinnertime.

Many look forward to cooking outdoors where we can enjoy the precious summer weather, while cutting back on dirty dishes. But methods of cooking food on the grill can have a serious impact on your health and may contribute to life-threatening disease.

When foods are charred and smoked at high temperatures, changes occur in the chemical structure of inherent fats, proteins and sugars, creating toxic compounds. Carcinogenic substances that have been linked to pancreatic cancer and other diseases include heterocyclic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons"

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Yes charred meat tastes delicious. If you have to go you might as well go in style

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Cheers, I had a cheeseburger for lunch, another known killer :toast:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. lynn508

lynn508 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2011
    alabam
    In the last 50 years smoking was good for you. We used to do it in doctors offices. Then eggs became the cause of hardening of the arteries. Then coffee was the problem. Then sex caused cancer. Now all of a sudden they are health foods. Then people started questioning why all these things changed...now eggs are good, fat diets are better than low carb. Do you believe everything you read?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    sex is good too.

• Winner Winner x 5
  10. LMP

LMP Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    SLC Utah
    E cigs have been around for 14 years, but I can't remember even a single death being reported as caused by vaping. You would think the anti vaping zealots would have at least one example to flaunt in our faces by now and smoking cigarettes can kill you in a lot less time then 14 years.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. LyLyV

LyLyV Senior Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Earth (most days)
    If you truly want to cut your risk of a heart attack, you'd be better served by starting with changing your diet. Eat more fruits and vegetables and fewer animal products - that's a start. After you do that, you may find that lowers your risk so much that vaping will be a moot point.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. OlderNDirt

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    contact Bob Harper and get a sound exercise routine.

There are no guarantees, but doesn't hurt to improve your odds.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Pleski

Pleski Full Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Sydney
    I really think you have to break it down to the components of eliquid to ask "where's the fire exactly":

Glycol and glycerine: if that's the problem why are they in foods and medicines
    Food flavourings: as above, and in tobacco
    Nicotine: also in pharmaceuticals, including inhaled sprays, no alarm being spread about them

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. LyLyV

LyLyV Senior Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Earth (most days)
    Dr. Michael Greger. Nutrition Facts. Org.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. LyLyV

LyLyV Senior Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Earth (most days)
    I quit meat and most dairy when my father died of heart disease when I was 20. They knew it then. In the 70s. It was as plain as day. So I quit. Took me 25 yrs to quit dairy, but haven't looked back since. Too much evidence in support of that decision. Also quit oil. No interest in dying of heart disease or pancreatic or breast cancer like my mom or aunt did.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  16. NealBJr

NealBJr Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Lawrenceville, Ga.

Nicotine pretty much raises the heartrate just a bit. So does sugar, caffiene, and even exercising. All of those things lead to increased heart disease, but it's the reporters that decide what is bad for everyone by reporting opinions that was backed by whatever researcher. They did one study a long time ago on cigalikes, and found one carcinogen that was almost as much as a regular cigarette in one particular flavor in 3 of their test studies. They reported it as being "just as bad as smoking" and quoted that statistic as proof. What it DIDN'T report, was 3/10 cigalikes had 1 carcinogen compared to the 43 found in cigarettes. In otherwords, you could say it was %99.999 safer than cigarettes (I took 42*3=126, so 1/126th as safe... we'll round it to just %99)

It has a lot to do with how it was reported.

Pretty much if you do ANYTHING, you'll have a higher risk of something. I'm sure drinking water could be found to have a higher risk of death due to drowning. It's not the fact of what was researched, it's how it's presented that people make their decision. And unfortunately, they've presented research quite poorly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. OlderNDirt

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Um.....
    I wrote a continuation to your post..... "After you do that," contact Bob Harper.....

Perhaps you missed my sarcasm with a touch of humor in my post? Having had a heart attack 22+ years ago, I am quite familiar with recommendations on life changes to (hopefully) avoid another. As my cardiologist said about 7 years ago, "we must be doing something right!" :w00t:

• Like Like x 6
  18. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Most doctors, including mine are so glad that we quit smoking that they view vaping as a fix for a MUCH more serious health issue (smoking). My doctor runs down the checklist each visit. One of the questions is, "Still vaping instead of smoking?". When I say yes, he replies, "Good", and we go on to the next item.

• Like Like x 7
  19. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    At room temp they are all benign and pose 0 risk. The problem is when heated to 450F+ the Glycol and Glycerine can begin to Oxidize into various aldehydes including formaldehyde. This is why using TC to stay at or below 450F is necessary if you want to avoid this. At this point there is some anecdotal evidence that adding 10% distilled water can reduce this effect, but this hasn't been fully tested yet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I use TC with SS at anywhere between 370 F and 415 F. I add 8% water to my VG/Nicotine mix, no PG. The 8% water gives a viscosity approximately equal to 30% PG. I don't like PG and it does not like me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.