Status
Not open for further replies.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I dont understand how this tanks behaves at all.

First 3 days there were no leaks, on the 4th day there was a huge juice oozing out of AFC when i filled it. Then, for 3/4 of tank, i was getting hot juice spitting on my tongue.

I always had JFC open when filling it and had no issues. Now every time i fill it, it leaks a little bit.
It's not a question of if it will leak it's when. I have 4 serpents and struggled with leaking when filling until someone came up with the o ring fix. Since installing o rings no leaks whatsoever. I think this was a design flaw on wotofo's part. The o ring does not affect wicking at all and IMHO is an easy and cheap fix to keep an awesome vaping tank in the rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
I just tried my aromamizer drip tip for you but it won't go in all the way.
Anyone could recommend drip tip that match this? One which would appear flush with the topfill part?

Also does anyone have aromamizer std anti spit driptip that can advise if it could be used for this serpent? I have the delrin and i am thinking if it would fit.

Otherwise ill get one in addition to the tank.

Reactions: Jerry88

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
It's not a question of if it will leak it's when. I have 4 serpents and struggled with leaking when filling until someone came up with the o ring fix. Since installing o rings no leaks whatsoever. I think this was a design flaw on wotofo's part. The o ring does not affect wicking at all and IMHO is an easy and cheap fix to keep an awesome vaping tank in the rotation.

It was the first time i had a leak in one out of two tanks, so it would be hard to reproduce it for me since there is no constant variable, its just a random phenomenon.

Ill give the O ring a try just as a precaution and see what happens. But i never had to close JFC when filling the tank, so not sure how the O ring will help.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I adjusted my wicking method that was shown in last video...at the end of page 21 or 22.

Here is what i did.
Make the wick long enough so it barely touches the bottom of the juice channel. Then i separate it in half. Half stays in the juice channels and half i shove it on to the deck.
In the video, there is only about 1/4 of the wick "down" the juice channel and on the deck. I went as far as 6/8.
With this method, i no longer have to prime the wick after 3-4 vapes to saturate the wick. ATM, there is no leaks and wick is constantly saturated.
The results are better with Cotton then with Rayon. This tank wasnt built for Rayon, it works with Rayon, but it requires more steps to keep the wick constantly saturated.

Lets see if i can explain it in layman terms.

Make a fist with your hand. Now move your middle finger upwards as if you are giving me "a middle finger". The middle finger is what goes down the juice channel, the rest of the fingers in the fist are placed on the deck. You dont trim other fingers(wick), you just shove the rest of the fist(wick on to the deck). But the middle finger is the thumb.

Makes sense?

Reactions: Dobo and octa

octa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Athens, GA
Initially I thought o ring fix was helping but leaking continues. Sometimes I unscrew atty from mod & entire bottom of atty is juicy glossy. I'm thinking wicking it like kgb7 suggests above might help along with flipping atty upside down to open juice flow, after a fill especially. Regardless, still vaping up a storm on this Serpent & enjoying.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I've been using KGB7's method of wicking and the tank has been great. I don't use the middle finger though I use the thumb (right to left). I place as much wicking (without packing) into the channel all the way to the bottom of the channel and the rest goes on the deck. It's been flawless so far.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I can't speak for rayon cause I've never tried it. But with cotton I don't put any into the juice channels. I make sure to cut it so the fluff meets the deck right at the top of the channel. This keeps any from being disturbed when screwing the base into the tank. Never any wicking issues and since the o ring fix its dry as a bone.

Gabiano87

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
london uk
I just got my FT SS version arrive (record time 6 days) and put a coil in straight away. It is working perfectly and is just what I was expecting. The black one I got there must have been some factory mess up with the 510. Great tank, best wicking out there IMO.

So yeah all is good now. Had to buy two to find that out but all is forgiven seeing as it vapes so well. Now I have a black tank for changing the looks up a bit and should one break.

Swiss75

May 19, 2015
Hey all, great thread with some superb tips, my Serpent arrived yesterday but alas a work accident half hour after getting it has left my right hand severely bruised and as such I cannot build it

So a question whilst I await the bruising to go down. How do you change the airflow ?

Mine doesn't seem to want to budge, although as I've said i can barely grip with my right hand :(

Devilon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
United Kingdom
Hey all, great thread with some superb tips, my Serpent arrived yesterday but alas a work accident half hour after getting it has left my right hand severely bruised and as such I cannot build it

So a question whilst I await the bruising to go down. How do you change the airflow ?

Mine doesn't seem to want to budge, although as I've said i can barely grip with my right hand :(

Mine were a bit tight when I first got them, but they soon loosen up enough to easily turn :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA

With any new atomizer after a bath I rub down all threaded connections and o rings with some coconut oil then towel off any residue. This conditions the o rings and works as a natural biodegradable lubricant that is also odor less and tasteless. Same applies to any moving parts such as airflow controls. I repeat this after any regular cleanings as well and never had a problem.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Happy to report with Geekvape 26/32 gauge Claptons, 6 wraps, 3mm id, .84 ohm. Wicked with "thumb method" noted above. Thinned the center of wick like "DJLSP Vapes". Tastes fantastic, good cloud production & no dry or burnt hits. Anyone notice the ohms differ, I have 3 Evic Vtc Mini's & on one it is .84, .86 & .88 ohm respectively. I don't have a short, they just read different on the 3 mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread