Serpent RTA by WOTOFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingboomer

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Commerce City, CO
Man, I just love this thing. I've got a 1/8th" I.D. 316Lss coil in there ohming out at .63(8 wraps I think), wicked with rayon, hitting it power mode at 30W. Only leak I've had is when I tried to fill it while drunk, and didn't put the fill cap back on all the way :D

-Kingboomer

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
56a2954f9033ed2ac4d7249c0e55e907.jpg

vape ON[emoji36]

Reactions: Kingboomer

rilot

Sep 8, 2015
UK
I am having a heck of a time with the Wotofo Serpent.
After a good experience with the Serpent Mini I picked up a full size Serpent. Now, I'm not an inexperienced builder but I just can't stop it leaking.

So, built exactly the same as the mini (wicks touching the deck with tails in the channels), closed it all down and filled it up. Inverted it so only air around the coils and then opened the juice control half way. It vapes good. I put it down for 5 minutes and the tank is empty and my mod is covered with Campfire Custard.
So, tear down and build again. Bigger coil this time and more wick. Slightly longer tails this time and more fluff on the deck. Screw it back together again, fill it, vape it, put it down, empty tank again and juice all over the desk.
So, I try again. Even more wick in the holes this time and loads curled round on to the deck. Same result.

If the juice control is open even slightly (kind of a requirement to vape it) it will just dump its juice.

No idea what's up with it. Checked build threads and videos and I'm building exactly the same as everyone else. I've gone through 12ml of juice and only vaped 5 puffs on it!

Forgot to mention, I've tried the o-ring mod around where the juice control hits the deck, same result. It's a black one by the way.

Am I missing something really obvious or is the tank just junk?

madLyfe

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
United States
I am having a heck of a time with the Wotofo Serpent.
After a good experience with the Serpent Mini I picked up a full size Serpent. Now, I'm not an inexperienced builder but I just can't stop it leaking.

So, built exactly the same as the mini (wicks touching the deck with tails in the channels), closed it all down and filled it up. Inverted it so only air around the coils and then opened the juice control half way. It vapes good. I put it down for 5 minutes and the tank is empty and my mod is covered with Campfire Custard.
So, tear down and build again. Bigger coil this time and more wick. Slightly longer tails this time and more fluff on the deck. Screw it back together again, fill it, vape it, put it down, empty tank again and juice all over the desk.
So, I try again. Even more wick in the holes this time and loads curled round on to the deck. Same result.

If the juice control is open even slightly (kind of a requirement to vape it) it will just dump its juice.

No idea what's up with it. Checked build threads and videos and I'm building exactly the same as everyone else. I've gone through 12ml of juice and only vaped 5 puffs on it!

Forgot to mention, I've tried the o-ring mod around where the juice control hits the deck, same result. It's a black one by the way.

Am I missing something really obvious or is the tank just junk?
mine is not as bad as that but i always have leaking. i can get it so it's not terrible if it is flipped upside down after filling and you open the JFC up in that position. it still leaks before i can vape a full tank.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I use high VG (the flavor is my only PG and ranges from 10% to 25%) and I usually open mine 3 or 4 half turns. I've not had a single drop leak out since I got these tanks. I have two now, and two more on the way. Maybe I just got lucky?

The way I wick mine is to trim the tails so they can just reach the bottom of the juice channels, then I cut the tails on an angle, so there's a blunt point at the bottom (cut running diagonally from the bottom up to close to the coil). Then I dab on a bit of juice to moisten it (because I use rayon and it's fluffy) and use pointy tweezers to tuck that pointed tail into the juice channel on each side. I've heard if any of the wick is outside of the juice channel, on the threaded part, screwing the tank back in can pull the tail askew, so maybe that's the problem? That's why I cut my wicks so narrow at the bottom, so they'll tuck in there cleanly and not get stuck in the threads. Then I put the deck back in the tank, turn it right-side up and open the air flow first, then the juice flow. Doing it this way, I've never had it leak. There's nothing more frustrating than a leaky tank.

Reactions: tmcase

rilot

Sep 8, 2015
UK
I tried 3 more builds last night using every wicking method I know. Pancake, Scottish Roll, etc. Every time it just dumped its juice after 5 minutes.
Examining it closely, I think it's a manufacturing defect. The juice control ring at the top of the tank is really lose and can be moved up and down. I don't think it's sealing and so there's no vacuum in the tank holding the juice in.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Hmm.. Thankfully no leaks here. However, my tank did start seeping, more than usual, from it's AFC. I'm not concerned though as I'll be giving it a clean and change of wick very soon.

What I'd like to enquire is how does the Serpent handle tobacco vapes?

I have been vaping for 6 months now and I've managed thus far just fine without tobacco and RY4 flavours; however, I am kind of getting over all the sweet flavours and I'm starting to miss the taste of tobacco. I've already placed an order with Yaeliq for some tobacco 12mg e-liquids and plan to continue using my Serpent and SMV2 in restrictive DL mode. Currently I keep my builds between 0.50-0.70 oHms and between 33.3-35.6W with these tanks. I don't foresee any issues; I've already read that vaping tobacco flavours in high watts will produce a burnt taste

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I tried 3 more builds last night using every wicking method I know. Pancake, Scottish Roll, etc. Every time it just dumped its juice after 5 minutes.
Examining it closely, I think it's a manufacturing defect. The juice control ring at the top of the tank is really lose and can be moved up and down. I don't think it's sealing and so there's no vacuum in the tank holding the juice in.
Yep sounds like a defect. All of mine are quite snug at the top.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I finally gave up on one of the two SM's I have. Just will not stop seeping, and flooding out the air holes. The other one still seeps a little but no flooding at this time. Hate to do it, but tired of fooling with it and not being able to trust it.

Have you checked all your o-rings? I had another tank that peed all over me, really bad, from the air holes, and it turned out there was a broken o-ring under there. It wasn't a Serpent, though, so I don't know if that might be the problem, but if you haven't already, you might check and make sure none of your seals are broken or twisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread