Serpent RTA by WOTOFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I wick my Lemo2 just like I do the Subtank Mini. the bunny ear method.
wick the coil then put the ends up thru the lcoil housing as you put in place, screwed down. then trim the wicks just slightly above the top of the lower chimney.
Poke each end down into each side over the wicking channels with a dental pick or small screwdriver.
prime the wicks and assemble fill and vape.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I wick my Lemo2 just like I do the Subtank Mini. the bunny ear method.
wick the coil then put the ends up thru the lcoil housing as you put in place, screwed down. then trim the wicks just slightly above the top of the lower chimney.
Poke each end down into each side over the wicking channels with a dental pick or small screwdriver.
prime the wicks and assemble fill and vape.

I'll try that way, thanks! What I had been doing is tucking the ends under the coil, priming it, then putting the chimney on and assembling it. Maybe I was making the tails too "compact" by doing it that way, and leaving space for juice to leak. I'll do it your way and let you know if it works for me. :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I'll try that way, thanks! What I had been doing is tucking the ends under the coil, priming it, then putting the chimney on and assembling it. Maybe I was making the tails too "compact" by doing it that way, and leaving space for juice to leak. I'll do it your way and let you know if it works for me. :)
Just recoiled and rewicked it last night with SS. It set all night and no leaky.
It is better with the new coil than it was with the old one.
I did 10 wraps, 26 ga ss 316L, 3mm.

I think it was 10 wraps might have been 12....

chazz80

Mar 28, 2016
New York
So i couldn't wait another day until my juice come sin the mail on Monday. So i hit up a local B&M store and picked up my old go to expensive juice. Space jam astro.. oh how i missed you!! I'm use to spending 20 bucks online for 120ml, but when you need juice, you need juice! lol. Got my serpent filled with it right now.

Get this though! I brought my smok tf-rdta to show the shop worker the burr from the screw thats eating up my ipv5 510 gold plated pin. lol guy goes and unscrews it thinking it wasn't sticking out enough and him unscrewing it loosened the positive block on the build deck! I just put a great dual SS316l 10 wrap coil in there too! Too lazy to re-coil that thing right now. It's ok though cause i still have my griffin and serpent to vape in the meantime. Not going to use the space jam in the griffin cause i don't want to fly through it lol.

So i got home and took the burr out and used an emory pad to sand the smok screw down a bit and got it pretty flush. So hopefully when my new smok H-priv the tf-rdta won't ruin the the new mods pin.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
What does that come out to, Robert, just out of curiosity. (I'm not good enough yet to estimate this stuff in my head! LOL!) I do have 26g 316L wire, though, so I could make one like yours. I'm hard pressed to remember, because it's been a couple weeks now, but I THINK I have a 26g Kanthal 2.5mm coil in there now, and I think it's 9 wraps. Maybe a larger diameter coil that allowed more wick would help solve my problem. The only reason I put that coil in there was because that's what it came with from the guy who PIF'd it to me, and it was working well for him. So I just copied his coil when it came time to change it out. I don't know if it was leaking on him, though. It started leaking on me right from the start, so it could still be inadequate wicking. I've got the wicking on the Serpents down pat now, though. ;) Thanks for your help on that! :D

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
What does that come out to, Robert, just out of curiosity. (I'm not good enough yet to estimate this stuff in my head! LOL!) I do have 26g 316L wire, though, so I could make one like yours. I'm hard pressed to remember, because it's been a couple weeks now, but I THINK I have a 26g Kanthal 2.5mm coil in there now, and I think it's 9 wraps. Maybe a larger diameter coil that allowed more wick would help solve my problem. The only reason I put that coil in there was because that's what it came with from the guy who PIF'd it to me, and it was working well for him. So I just copied his coil when it came time to change it out. I don't know if it was leaking on him, though. It started leaking on me right from the start, so it could still be inadequate wicking. I've got the wicking on the Serpents down pat now, though. ;) Thanks for your help on that! :D
Mine came out to .7
Vaping now at 25 watts. About warm enough for me. Not hot, I just like warm.

They are a pain to coil using the holes. Much worse than the Serpent.

I will say that I like the Lemo much better with this build in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Mine came out to .7
Vaping now at 25 watts. About warm enough for me. Not hot, I just like warm.

They are a pain to coil using the holes. Much worse than the Serpent.

I will say that I like the Lemo much better with this build in it.

Sounds PERFECT! That's right about where I like mine, too, warm but not hot, and .7 is almost the same as the coil that's in there already. What do you mean they're a pain to coil using the holes? The Lemo? I didn't have any trouble. Maybe I didn't do it right! :lol: I prolly WOULD have had trouble with the Serpents, but someone (was it you?) said to watch the video first, so I did, and I learned the trick. :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Sounds PERFECT! That's right about where I like mine, too, warm but not hot, and .7 is almost the same as the coil that's in there already. What do you mean they're a pain to coil using the holes? The Lemo? I didn't have any trouble. Maybe I didn't do it right! :lol: I prolly WOULD have had trouble with the Serpents, but someone (was it you?) said to watch the video first, so I did, and I learned the trick. :)
Yeah .7 is becoming my sweet spot esp with SS.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Still no leaky at all. On my 5th tank I think since the coiling and wicking.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Mine only leaks right after filling. Once I get it "blowed out," it never leaks again until the next filling. I still haven't re-done that tank yet, but I need to rewick a bunch of 'em tomorrow, so I'll try your bunny ear method then and see what happens. :)
Just pull the wick ends up and cut just above the top of the coil chamber part of the chimney and then push them down to be sure and cover the juice channels.
The way I always did mine and no leaky.
I do close the AFC off when filling just in case. But do not think that makes a difference since the top of the chimney is still open.

the main thing is to not close off the fill hole in in any way when filling always have an air escape or it WILL push juice into the coil chamber.
I use unicorn bottles.

Reactions: Lannie

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Mine only leaks right after filling. Once I get it "blowed out," it never leaks again until the next filling. I still haven't re-done that tank yet, but I need to rewick a bunch of 'em tomorrow, so I'll try your bunny ear method then and see what happens. :)

Did you put an oring on your deck to seal the juice control?

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
That oring does not want to fit down in there right. But hers is out the afc so it is either a filling issue or a wicking issue.

When the black ones came out lots of people had this filling problem with juice coming out the air slots. It was talked about a lot early in this thread, at least I think it was this thread. If you already know about the oring fix then ignore the rest of this post. On some serpents the juice control doesn't seat all the way so the oring on the deck makes the seal. I believe it was a 10x1 oring but others said they used up to 14x1 and it worked. I had leaking out the air slots and tried the oring fix and it worked. I hope you can get this problem solved.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Just pull the wick ends up and cut just above the top of the coil chamber part of the chimney and then push them down to be sure and cover the juice channels.
The way I always did mine and no leaky.
I do close the AFC off when filling just in case. But do not think that makes a difference since the top of the chimney is still open.

the main thing is to not close off the fill hole in in any way when filling always have an air escape or it WILL push juice into the coil chamber.
I use unicorn bottles.

I've been thinking about getting some of those. They'd be good for many of my tanks, actually. :)

Sorry @tmcase for the drift. I get distracted easi... SQUIRREL!!!! :w00t:

Reactions: Kingboomer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread