Sick of people stigmatising vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh man, that has to be one of the most awesome justifications I've ever heard. Except, there is this person (oh I wish I remembered the thread) intent on turning his vape into a hookah vape because it was "heavy" and also he wanted to "bike while vaping."

Here I thought he was a little bit, well creative certainly, the rest I don't know, but if I ever find that thread I will link it, so that said smoker will not have to raise his arm to vape. LOL.

Anna

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I see how, instead of being allowed to advertise cigarettes, tobacco companies just lobby for misinformation about e-cigs. It's as good as the cigarette adverts we used to see. All the time we see misinformation about e-cigs being displayed via media outlets etc the less we think about how bad tobacco is. Whilst at the same time nothing is actually being said out loud about the dangers of smoking, as if it goes without saying !.

I'm not so sure govenment departments are corrupt, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread. What i am sure of is these same departments are being lobbied to say the things we are hearing. It's just a shame the same amount of money can't be spent on lobbying for the benefits of e-cigarettes.

So it's not so much about curruption, just a lack of commitment from the e-cig industry to lobby as hard if not harder than the cigarette industry.

Seems the e-cig industry couldn't care less if the entire trade collapsed. If they did care we would see as much "Propaganda" about tobacco as we do about e-cigs.

We could make stuff up about cigarettes just as the cigarette industry does about e-cigs. We could say the most outrageous, unbelieveable things about cigarettes just to provide the bad publicity it deserves and who cares if it isn't true. All it takes is some lobbying, no different to what the cigarette industry is doing on a regular basis.

So, taking a step back and looking at the big picture, i'd say "the e-cig industry simply isn't pulling it's weight".

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Fake studies !, fake results !. Do you think the public will care whether they are true or not. Say a study took place which didn't take place, say the results cause ebola, anything !. I'm not seeing any retaliation inlight of anything negative being said about e-cigs. If they produce results from a study then we should just make something up each and everytime.

If people started blogging absolute crap about cigarettes then eventually the entire world wide web will be plastered with so much propaganda that the public wouldn't even notice any study results from e-cigs.

There's a war going on, and it looks as if no one is bothering to fire back.

Just make a load of absolute crap up about cigarettes and post it online.

Should have started doing this years ago !.

• Disagree
Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Fake studies !, fake results !. Do you think the public will care whether they are true or not. Say a study took place which didn't take place, say the results cause ebola, anything !. I'm not seeing any retaliation inlight of anything negative being said about e-cigs. If they produce results from a study then we should just make something up each and everytime.

If people started blogging absolute crap about cigarettes then eventually the entire world wide web will be plastered with so much propaganda that the public wouldn't even notice any study results from e-cigs.

There's a war going on, and it looks as if no one is bothering to fire back.

Just make a load of absolute crap up about cigarettes and post it online.

Should have started doing this years ago !.
Why don't you get the ball rolling and show us how?

Reactions: CMD-Ky

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't actually think the solution to fake news is equally fake news. It's not going to make the vaping community look BETTER, you just talked about how scummy big tobacco is.

Fighting fire with fire is not what firefighters do (unless they are burning a safe perimeter perhaps).

But really, no, just no, just no no no. I truly believe that vaping is going to survive, it's just going to be a question of how/who the players are.

I think there are plenty of vapers doing their part without making up "fake news." I have MUCH DISTASTE for that and would never participate.

Sort of akin to saying all rapists should be raped. That doesn't actually fix the problem and it gets a bit medieval and revolting for my taste.

But, as always, JMO, and while I am certainly NEVER going to engage in that type of vaping advocacy, well, people are going to do what they are going to do, and they are entitled to do it. Just please don't suggest that I do it. I'm not going to. Ever.

Anna

Davidflame

Feb 4, 2018
I agree completely, vaping is being made look bad when it’s being compared to cigs, Vapes are the safest smoking option and if you don’t vape on a 50 watt coil with 50 nic on 200 watts I seriously doubt it’ll harm anyone, not to mention how documentaries and news outlets twist all of the research and take all nevative results coming from ridiculous use and abuse, anything abused is bad for you even veggies

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
I don't reccommend vaping to smokers unless they express interest, it's a waste of time in most cases. I smoked for over twenty year's and i didnt even want to discuss vaping, as i myself had preconceived notions about it.

. I have smokers and non-smokers tell me all the time about people blowing clouds, smelly exhaled vapor, and how dangerous vaping is. That's their opinion, and I'm not worried about what they think.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Should a "commercial" e-cigarette forum be a place where people can regularly find links to study results which are detrimental to e-cigarettes ?.

Counter productive wouldn't you agree ?.

Why would anyone, wanting to quit tobacco, want to read those ?. People shouldn't be exposed to such publications in an e-cigarette forum. It's the exact opposite of what quitters want to read. And there is no real evidence that information is even true in the first place.

E-cigarette forums should be plastered with links to blogs which damn tobacco, true or not !. (Kind of an obvious marketing ploy really)

Links to damning publications about e-cigs should be against the rules. Based on the principle that the information may or may not be genuine.

You'd think this protocol would have been implemented long ago.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I am such a doughnut !.

Although, whilst i'm on the subject a new thought has entered my mind. What if threads such as the ones i've posted below are moved to a sub forum of their own, much further down the home page, say at the bottom.

Any threads which are referring to subjects, articles, studies which question the safety of e-cigarettes could been placed almost out of sight and not show up (for long) in the new members forum or general vaping discussion forum for example.

A little scared

New studies find carcinogens in vg and pg at high temps, even in tootle puffers

Another bs scare tactic or what?

Or would placing all these types of threads in one place look even worse ?.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I am such a doughnut !.

Although, whilst i'm on the subject a new thought has entered my mind. What if threads such as the ones i've posted below are moved to a sub forum of their own, much further down the home page, say at the bottom.

Any threads which are referring to subjects, articles, studies which question the safety of e-cigarettes could been placed almost out of sight and not show up (for long) in the new members forum or general vaping discussion forum for example.

A little scared

New studies find carcinogens in vg and pg at high temps, even in tootle puffers

Another bs scare tactic or what?

Or would placing all these types of threads in one place look even worse ?.

Search engines use crawlers to index sites. It doesn't matter where you put them, they will still be found. The only way to hide content from search engines is to make it completely unavailable without being logged in.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I was just thinking from a new forum users point of view. Upon arrival at the site is it beneficial for new users to be exposed to these types of threads ?. After all, the commercial aspect of the site should be preserved as much as possible right !?.

Maybe a little fine tuning for the "real time" use of the site may improve the overall experience a new user may have. Just remove all the negative stuff and leave all the positive for people to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread