Not open for further replies.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Good to know. I've switched it to PWM but I guess I'm using DC-DC since I'm at 4.2v.. What's weird, out of the box it was set to DC yet the voltage was higher than it should've been according to my math.. Hmm maybe I'm just losing it already haha..

I just got mine yesterday.

In the manual it says output voltage will be more accurate in PWM mode, so maybe your math is right.

I don't think it switches from PWM to DC. It seems like it may automatically switch from DC to PWM when the battery is fully charged in order to get the step down which DC can't provide. Hard to tell, the manual is a little brief.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Good to know. I've switched it to PWM but I guess I'm using DC-DC since I'm at 4.2v.. What's weird, out of the box it was set to DC yet the voltage was higher than it should've been according to my math.. Hmm maybe I'm just losing it already haha..

Voltage will be slightly higher reading(on screen) - Allowing for the 93% efficiency. :) ( Maybe :blink:)

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Haha, I remember reading about this in the ipv mini thread but, I just now noticed that voltage sag the display shows when you fire it! My new Sammy 25r is half full and I just hit my Magma and happened to see the battery meter drop like a rock and went 'what the hell??' Hey at least it shows ya what's really going on. Go YiHi!

Torrentula81

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
nowheres
I'm questioning how accurate the battery thing is. On the 30w tube mod it would show the voltage the battery was delivering along with the animation. I was disappointed to find it wasn't the same. On the other mod it was 3.2 to 4.2 and would fire as long as it didn't go below 2.8 being under load. I guess we have to assume this is the spread. It drops alot further on this then my old one but these aren't the same batteries since button top ones wouldn't fit. Thought hey I can see the volts it's at using my smok meter but it won't fire without an atomizer on it so I can't compare how accurate it is or if its my batteries or just the new setup in general. Wheres pbusardo when you need his in depth reviews.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I'm confused about the battery display too. The only other mod I've used is a Sigelei 20W tube so I don't have a lot of knowledge of how these things work.

When the battery animation showed around half full, with the power set to 12W, the animation dropped almost to the bottom when I hit power. I can't figure out what is happening there. I just put a brand new battery in, only had the mini for 2 days so that's my first battery change. Now the animation shows the battery is full, and when I press power it doesn't drop at all. The other battery is 4 months old and I've treated it carefully so it should be in good shape.

Hoping it will all make sense when I've used it for a while. Maybe people who know more about how these things work will share their expertise.

I took the old battery out when the animation got down to one bar and the charger showed it had 3.6 V. That's when I usually take them out of the other mod for a charge, so that's good to know.

I really like the mini. Fits nicely in the pocket as well as being a great vape.

rochejmike

Aug 23, 2014
Houston
I got mine the other day and the 510 connection was faulty. Nothing i tried would screw in far enough to fire. One of my Kanger bases got stuck and I thought I'd never get it out. The vendor is letting me return it, but I was really bummed. I love the look and size of the mod. Anyone else have this issue with theirs?

Well I've had one for maybe 3 weeks and the threads are stripped already, didnt get much abuse but every now and then I have to shake the aluminium dust out of the connector. The only tank I can use right now is the Kanger aero mega,.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I *think* the sx130 chip was Yihi's experiment for powerful mode on the sx350 mini chip. Yes, it initially fires higher than what you have it set for, and comes down. However, on my ipv mini, it never came all the way down to what I had it set at. I found that mod to work best for dual coil attys for me. Attys like the Eviva-t, which use a small, quick lighting coil didn't do as well on it. My Aqua v1 did well on that mod though.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Well I've had one for maybe 3 weeks and the threads are stripped already, didnt get much abuse but every now and then I have to shake the aluminium dust out of the connector. The only tank I can use right now is the Kanger aero mega,.
This is why a Smok airflow controller goes on all my new mods, to protect the threads. I know most 510 assembly's can be replaced, but I would rather not have to.

HD

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
So, the Sigelei Mini is about the same size as an IPV Mini? I didn't think the IPV was really "mini" at all. To me, the iStick30 is a true mini, and it appears that my Smok XPro M50 is smaller than the Sigelei. Didn't especially care for the performance of the IPV so I'm not sold on the Sigelei yet either - especially if it has the exact same performance/chip as the IPV Mini.

Regardless - are the Sigelei and IPV Mini about the same size and weight?

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
IPV mini 2, Sig 30 and 50
833be7626db3d12480f29dfa1f862750.jpg

9570d2973a86cd03543ec17766cd4ef0.jpg

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
The Sig 30 is only about 1 cm shorter than an Ipv Mini but the Sig definitely feels smaller somehow. They do have the same chip but the fit and finish of the Sigelei is awesome. For under $40 it is an amazing value.

Edit: oh and the Sig feels just a little bit lighter but not by much.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Wow, thanks for the picture.

It looks like the Sig is about the same size as the IPV. Since it has the same chip, and I sold my IPV Mini (didn't care for it) - I'll probably pass on the Sig Mini even at the bargain price of 37 bucks. Unless I get a chance to see one locally before I buy, and I would really have to be blown away by the build quality to convince me to get another re-packaged IPV Mini.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I *think* the sx130 chip was Yihi's experiment for powerful mode on the sx350 mini chip. Yes, it initially fires higher than what you have it set for, and comes down. However, on my ipv mini, it never came all the way down to what I had it set at. I found that mod to work best for dual coil attys for me. Attys like the Eviva-t, which use a small, quick lighting coil didn't do as well on it. My Aqua v1 did well on that mod though.
What version is your SX130? My Sig has a 1.5, but I've seen pics of the IPV with both 1.1 and 1.5.

Maybe the newer ones fixed that?

liwintjoa

Feb 13, 2015
Indonesia
Guys, I'm a new subtank user. I used sigelei mini 30w + subtank mini, using 0.5 occ. And my friend using rdna40 + subtank (the bigger one), using 0.5 occ. Both fire on 25 watts, and at the same volt. Now the questions :

why the Rdna tastes so much better on the flavor than my sigelei? Is it because the devices or the subtank? Even if I run my sigelei on 30w and higher volt, I still can't match up with rdna flavor. Flavor on mine is bland, inhale I don't taste anything, I do taste a thin flavor on the exhale. Rdna is full on both.

and if the devices do make a difference, how can I perform my subtank to that level? Maybe using a lover ohms build? Cos my sigelei can take it to maybe 3 ohms.

I do think rdna has an overhead wattage, cos I heard ipv have to take it to 60 watts to outperform 25 watts rdna. So how to make my vape better? Because personally I don't want to replace my sigelei, I'm in love with the design and else. Rdna is okay, but it's way over my budget.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Are you running the Sigelei 30 in PWM or DC-DC mode? That might make a difference too.
I started getting dry hits on one of my Kayfun 4s the other day and could not figure out what happened all of a sudden.. I forgot I had set it to DC-DC the day before (after reading this thread) with another KF4.. The one that was dry hitting was a little higher resistance and that extra couple of volts in DC mode was too much he he.. Back to PWM and there was my good old vape back..

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I am totally satisfied with the Sigelei mini, to the point I bought a second. The easyness of battery change is paramount.
There are a couple of notes I would make.
First, the startup message, seen with fire button pressed while inserting the battery. It is not a garantee of the presence of a Yihi chipset, but certainty of use of Yihi firmware. I mean, the code that drives the microcontroller, is from Yihi. I have seen on Youtube a video of a Sigelei 50 Watt showing the option to turn on-off the touch-sensor, which is instead a feature of the IPV mods, not Sigelei. I must suppose that there is some form of "hybridation" between mod manufacturers.
Second note. The DC-DC mode, it has been reported in many reviews as "Mech-Mode", which in reality, is not. The regulation continue to exist, as the 30 Watt limit, even in DC-DC mode. The difference with PWM mode consists in the fact that the Sigelei mini, in DC-DC mode is incapable of down-regulation; the minimum voltage provided, and shown on the display, is the battery voltage minus the forward drop of the Schotthy diode, 4.2 - 0.45 Volt. So, it starts with 3.75 Volt, and the minimum wattage depends only on the atomiser resistance. The advantage of DC-DC mode is seen with liquids and coils that provide muted flavors with PWM drive.
In any case, the atomiser, depending on its resistance, will see voltage partialisation (PWM) only at the lower end of regulation range. With a 1.8 Ohm Aspire BVC, there will be no PWM signal, even in PWM mode, above 8 Watt. With 1 Ohm coil, there will be no traces of PWM above 15 Watt. With an old 2.1 Ohm BDC clearo, I have no PWM starting from 6 Watts. The 0.5 Ohm Atlantis, on the other hand, sees PWM for almost all the regulation range.
Other things good about the Sigelei mini? It is a BOX! I loved from day one the Innokin MVP 2 because of its prismatic shape; I know it is matter of personal preference, but I don't like curved box mods. I have the Sx mini but -aside the wonderful electronics with its 12 bits DACs- I felt defrauded of one corner, essentially being it a box with three corners. Joky note at the end...
Enjoy the Sigelei 30 W, it is an excellent mod for the price. In use everyday for the durability test, now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread