The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 Telescopic: User's Group

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by yzer, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tA71ana

tA71ana Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

One thing I did notice and am wondering if all of these are like this ....
    On my Vamo and Varimax the lo batt reading is at 3.4-3.5v.
    The SigZ Tele goes all the way down to 3.2v.
    Is anyone else's going down to 3.2v before it reads low?

2. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    My Sigelei gives me a low battery message at 3.2V, as well. The message is Low Vol which is supposed to mean low battery voltage, not low volume. Pbusardo made the obvious joke about this choice of words. Soon after giving the low battery message the unit will start giving dry hits and then stops firing completely. If I have a chance I change out batteries after they hit 3.5V but there are times when I want that reserve battery capacity below 3.5 V and use it.

3. kabonk

kabonk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2010
    NW Detroit Burbs
    mine just came in today from exhalevapors top notch vendor I ordered it on Weds and its here on Friday. I have to say that I'm very impressed with this PV just a few hairs taller them my provari in 18490 mode I'm using the smaller cap on it and an 18500

4. GRH8095

GRH8095 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2012
    California
    Vapor-Werks "Stratus" ... and ... Sigelei "Telescoping ZMax V3 Flat-Top"

... They pair up, GREAT together, and the performance is AWSOME

ECF_ZMax-V3-Tele-FT-Front_Stratus.jpg

5. tA71ana

Just for giggles I just finished one of my 18350 and on the Sig it read 3.3v.. I put it on my Vamo and the Vamo said 3.4
    LOL
    In any case its time to charge the batt, lol
    I'm running it in light saber mode now (18650)

6. jaysix

jaysix Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Portage, PA
    I got mine from exhalevapors as well and absolutely love it so far. Ordered Tuesday and it was in my mailbox Thursday morning. I have been using it pretty much non stop since 11am yesterday and no problems at all. I wrapped it with carbon fiber to make it a little different. Here it is with a Phiniac tank next to my Vamo with a Smoktech rebuildable tank. I really like the size and feel of the Sigelei compared to the Vamo.

[​IMG]

7. tA71ana

They look great!
    The Zmax looks like its wearing a tuxedo with a cummerbund, lol

ETA: I love the that surprised look the Vamo always has, lol

8. quatro

quatro Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    TX
    I'm new to the Sigelei club too, here is my setup
    [​IMG]

9. aussiedog61

aussiedog61 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Southern California
    I just found this thread, cool! I have had mine for about a week and a half and I love it. I use it in 18490 (aw imr button top) mode most of the time with Kanger ProTanks. I posted this pic in another thread, but I'll put it here as well.

[​IMG]
    Taken with a really crappy phone camera.​

10. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    I like that vaping rack, aussiedog. Good choice in the Sigelei, too. I'm starting my Sunday morning with the telescopic and a 18500.

11. aussiedog61

aussiedog61 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Southern California
    Thank you. I got tired of my Sigelei and tanks rolling around the desk so I went on a Home Depot run. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

12. munsterrr

munsterrr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Washington D.C.
    what is sitting on top of that? looks good and flush.

13. Thayamax

Thayamax PIF MODERATOR Extraordinaire Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    I received my Segelei Zmax V3 Flat Top Telescopic on April 6th and have been using it exclusively since then. I use it in both the long and short modes. I love it and have not had a single issue with it yet. I use it strictly in VW mode since I'm still looking for my ADV and change flavors and delivery systems a lot and I don't want to have to fiddle with changing the voltage each time. That was the main reason I went with the Zmax rather than a VV mod.

My son was trying to cut down on his smoking so I let him use the standard egos I had been using prior to getting my Zmax. He couldn't really get in to them because of the limitations. I let him try my Zmax and he was very impressed with the ease of draw and massive vapor production, so I bought a second one for him (body only). I got the second one from a different supplier than the first because they were out of stock, and his came with 2 bottom caps. He doesn't use his as much as I use mine, but he's had it for a week and hasn't had any problems with his either.

I highly recommend the Zmax and hope to have mine for a very long time. :vapor:

14. dankstagof

dankstagof Full Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've had my zmax v3 for about a week now. Ordered from varitube. It has been working great up until yesterday. Every tank I seem to throw on there has a burnt taste, or it's very muted. When i throw the tanks on my twist, they work great. I'm not sure what the problem is, as I've had it on the same voltages that the twist is set to. I'm really dissapointed. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm this close to getting it refunded and buying a provari mini :\

15. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Have you set the Sigelei Menu Item #8 to RMS?

16. dankstagof

dankstagof Full Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    yup since the day i received it.

17. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Just out of curiosity, what voltage are you running on what resistance?

18. dankstagof

dankstagof Full Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
  19. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    That should be right on the money.

20. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    If I experienced this issue I'd run some checks. Look at the Sigelei menu and check for resistance. Check if the Sigelei is seeing the correct resistance of your atomizing device. Double check resistance of the atomizer on a DMM. If good contact is not made at the 510 connector it could cause false resistance readings. A solution may be as simple as cleaning contacts or pulling the post on the atomizing device. I'd use a DMM on the Sigelei 510 connector to check voltage without load, then use my jury-rigged setup to check output voltage under load. Not sure if my DMM can read the pulsed output used on the Sigelei accurately although it has worked on other PWM devices. I'd check with the vendor to see if this is a known issue. Something isn't right here, but I couldn't say what's up without running checks and tests on the Sigelei and the atomizer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.