Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 Telescopic: User's Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Smok developed Zmax. Sigelei also uses the basic Smok Zmax technology in V2, V3 and V5. Sigelei and Smok are two different companies making different products from different production facilities. Calling it a Zmax doesn't mean it's a Sigelei or a Smok.

The SX200 chip used in the 20 watt Sigelei Legend was developed by the Chinese firm Yihiecigar. Like Zmax technology, Sigelei is using Yihiecigar technology for 20W mods. Yihiecigar has now introduced 30W technology.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yihiecigar/223436427839147

:D

Last edited:
I'm enjoying my nic juice at 7W. Can't understand why anyone would want 20-30W.

Having more than one coil needs more Watts to get the same Voltage to each coil. From your example it would is something like: 1 Coil - 7 Watts, 2 Coils - 14 Watts, 3 Coils - 21 Watts, 4 Coils - 28 Watts.

Example:
Protank - 1 Coil - 7 Watts
Protank 3 - 2 Coils - 14 Watts

Personally I've gone up to 3/4 Coils with rebuildables but I have to use those on a Mechanical to get a flavorful Vape.

Hope this helped :)

BTW,
Ordered a TMAX V5 to replace a Groove with an intermittent button and if I like it I'll be ordering a ZMAX to replace a VAMO V3 with stripped 510 connector :)

pnut599

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Michigan, USA
Welcome to the group pnut and hope you like the V3!

You can use either button top or flat top batteries in the V3 and V5. I prefer flat top IMR batteries and use mostly the Efest V1 IMR 18500. I also use 18650 a lot at home. Once in a while I use 18350 if I want the Sigelei V3 at it's smallest length.

For Efest IMR the V1 is the flat top and V2 is button top. The only difference between the two is that the positive terminal connection is about 1 mm taller on the button tops.

I usually buy Efest IMR at Crystal Clear Vaping. The flat top V1 cost less.
Efest Batteries

AW is another good IMR brand. These will perform better than the Efests at the upper wattage range of the Sigelei. I vape around 7.0 watts and find the Efest IMRs to be my best buy.
Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor

I hear that some mods can not use flat top batteries. The Provari is the only one I know of. Maybe the Provari uses a mechanical fitting for button tops to achieve reverse battery protection. Sigelei doesn't need to as it uses electronics for reverse battery protection. I have no plans on buying a Provari in the future so I take advantage of flat top batts.

Thanks Yzer. I'm stalking the mailwoman........again :) (she's used it now lol)
Thanks for the explanation yzer. I appreciate it. I also saw the next post with the link to the other battery. I am with you on the higher wattage thing. I'm happy using my MVP no higher than 9 watts. Mute42 explanation at #1425 is great to understand why you would need higher watts. Thanks Mute42!! I know I do like the capacity of the MVP. Not having to worry about charging it for 2 days. Can't beat that. So, the time they last is most important to me now. I saw you explained that too and I think it was also you that posted the chart. I don't exactly know how to read it, but I didn't spend a ton of time on it yet either.

I like nailz purchase at 101. I would love to get those. Is there anything I should be concerned about with the 35amp? I'm trying hard to understand the volts, amps and watts thing and am a little scared because I've my lack of understanding. This whole thread is great info.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Using stacked 18350s will last 60% longer than 18650. If you use coils above 2.3 ohms you may want a to stick with a single bat because the wire is usually smaller/higher gauge on those; the stacked will get the coil too hot and burn your juice in my experience. The stacked 18350 pulses at 7.8v in my nonscientific tests. Below 2.3ohm the stacked seems to be fine and lasts easily almost twice as long as a single 18650 when vaping 1.5 ohm; and give full range of power.

Higher wattage is for sub ohm builds which have a different heating characteristic from the thick heavy gauge wire. Many say sub ohm at 20w is a cooler, massive vape.. A 3ohm of 32g actually burns hotter than a 28g at 2ohms IME.

Last edited:

vapnstuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2010
Treasure Coast, FL
I'm enjoying my nic juice at 7W. Can't understand why anyone would want 20-30W.

It appears there are two of us!

I ran my Sigelei up to 13 W one time, and one time only [must have pushed the buttons too quickly too many times]. What a :-x nasty taste. Don't like burnt juice ... don't like it, don't like it, don't like it! :evil: so I too run mine between 6 and 7.5 W and that's just fine with me.

pnut599

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Michigan, USA
So it is safe to say stacking 350's is safe? I love the idea of 60% more life. Should those be exactly the same rating in every way?

My usual vaping style is that when I rebulid single coils they are around 2 ohms and vape between 7-9 watts. I get my nic and I'm happy.

Sorry if I'm getting off the Zmax thread title. I usually just read, but I hoped I could ask.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
Stacking batteries is NOT a good idea. If you insist on doing that be sure that the two batteries you are stacking are always charged together and always used together. Unless you decide you need to join the latest dangerous craze of chasing vape clouds there is no sane reason to risk stacking. This too shall pass.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Zmax, vamo &c many be others only reach thier rated output using stacked 350s. This is By design.
This is a regulated device:... Use only Imr bats and label pairs to use as one, same exact battery. If not Brand new final charge voltage should be tested ands match, they should be tested regularly with meter for equal voltage at end of charger cycle.. I would venture to say stacked imr are safer than single non safe chemistry battery

The stacked do put out more pwr so you may need to go down to 5-6 watts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread