Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    righted002a.png

I have this box mod. It uses a single battery. 18650 flat top to be exact. I got the 'glove' on it from FastTech.
    Vapecrawler

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    As a long time eleaf girl, I’m less than in love with Picos. They’re okay, and I expect they’ll last. But I sure wouldn’t recommend a kit because I really dislike the tanks that come with.

I do like the vaporesso Swag, but plastic sides may be a deal breaker for you. I’ve found it to be far more durable than I’d have thought though. And it weighs about nothing. Really nice for out and about, nice smooth hit.

I have a couple Tesla punk minis, but those are pretty large and heavy for singles. You could go with a dual battery Exus ark for about the same money, size, and weight.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Take a look at the iStick Pico TC40W if you are a wattage mode vaper. TC mode doesn't do SS316L, but it does Titanium and Nichrome. The mod is small, efficient, and great for pocket carry without a bulge. It's cheap, too. I have a shoe box full of mods, but I frequently carry the iStick Pico 40W just for the small size and convenience. Mine is several years old and still works like new. It's an internal battery mod that charges from a USB port at home or in the car.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am one who just didn't like the pico. IDK why, it just didn't do much for me, I'm afraid.

I prefer Eleaf stuff and I do think they have the same parent company. Might want to look at Innoken for a more tube style setup and/or internal battery mod, they have some nice offerings. A lot of my single battery mods are tubes or no longer manufactured, so I'm not too much help there. If you think you might like a tiny internal battery mod that packs a punch you could look at the Tarot nano, I run mine about 12 watts and I'm fairly certain that you'd get a day of vaping out of it, mine recently took a swim in my large cup of coffee and emerged from the experience totally unscathed after a couple days drying it out. It's cute, it's small, it's reliable.

I also really think you can't go wrong with the Jac B sandstorm and it comes in two sizes I think, 23 mm and 25 mm so sometimes if using a larger tank, you can't go wrong. It's a DNA mod and pretty efficient with the right battery you shouldn't have trouble with more than one battery in a day.

There is also the Geekvape Agis which is a single battery mod that is pretty much indestructible and can be had at a fairly reasonable price especially during labor day sales, now that it's older two battery model the Legend was released.

Good luck deciding.

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Looking for a good mod for low wattage MTL vaping.
    12.5 watts is a high wattage for me.
    Narrowed down to the Pico 25 or Joytech evic mini.
    Eleaf seems to be popular, don't know much about Joytech.
    Any thoughts ?

I have a Pico 25. A Very Nice Mod. Solid Feel. Compact. Does TC well if you want to use it.

I don't have an eVic Mini. But I have a eVic Primo SE.

The Primo SE is one of my Favorite Mods. Fits my Hand like a glove. Nice Big Screen. Has a Clock. A Great Mod. But... The Primo SE gives me Terrible Battery Life. I mean Bad. And I'm a Lower Wattage Vaper (LWV) as compared to most.

So you might do some a little Research on eVic Battery life. Because I think some have reported less than stellar Battery Life with the eVic Mini also.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2017
    Thanks all for the suggestions.

External battery is a must since I do not want to be dependent on internal batteries.
    I also should have mentioned my go to tanks are the 24mm Zenith and Ares. I have zero interest in the Pico tank as I rarely DTL and have too many sub ohm tanks already .
    I have seen the Pico 25 mod only offered at a reasonable price.

United States

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Pico, go with the Pico.

Edit:
    Not being familiar with either, I looked at photos of the 2 in question in post 1. The Pico reminded me of a Kroma I use and chose over a Pico. Reason being was the Kroma came with a Zenith tank.

The JoyeTech looks to be a bit boxey which is fine for some. Kinda classic looking similar to some famous Kanger-Tech gear of a couple years ago.

That's just an ergonomic perspective though. In use I cannot comment on the controls, the interface, the reliability and such. But can say the Kroma kit is pretty sweet. Basic reliability and ease of use make it this toodle puffers choice over several others I had been mulling over. The kicker for me was it came with Innokin stickers..... love, love, love stickers.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

Philabos

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2017
    Pico, go with the Pico.

Edit:
    Not being familiar with either, I looked at photos of the 2 in question in post 1. The Pico reminded me of a Kroma I use and chose over a Pico. Reason being was the Kroma came with a Zenith tank.

The JoyeTech looks to be a bit boxey which is fine for some. Kinda classic looking similar to some famous Kanger-Tech gear of a couple years ago.

That's just an ergonomic perspective though. In use I cannot comment on the controls, the interface, the reliability and such. But can say the Kroma kit is pretty sweet. Basic reliability and ease of use make it this toodle puffers choice over several others I had been mulling over. The kicker for me was it came with Innokin stickers..... love, love, love stickers.

I did, I did. At a great Labor Day sale. Without the tank as well.
    I love the Kroma - zenith kit as well. Internal battery though.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Thanks all for the suggestions.

External battery is a must since I do not want to be dependent on internal batteries.
    I also should have mentioned my go to tanks are the 24mm Zenith and Ares. I have zero interest in the Pico tank as I rarely DTL and have too many sub ohm tanks already .
    I have seen the Pico 25 mod only offered at a reasonable price.

The eVic Mini (or VTwo Mini - a later model) is a great, reliable mod, but I think it's only 22 mm. I'll second the recommendations for the Jac Vapour Series B DNA or the Wismec Sinuous P80. The Jac Vapour is much better quality, but you do have to pay for it. It's particularly good at TC, but since that isn't what you're looking for the P80 will probably do almost as well.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Can any one recommend a regulated mod that uses either a single 18650, 20700, or 21700 battery something that's
    below 55 $$ NO ELEAF , NO SMOK brands if possible I heard SMOK has alot of issues. Please & thank you very much
    Vaporesso Armour Pro
    Wisemec P80

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread