Single coil RDA suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Has anyone got any suggestions for medium to higher end RDL single coil RDAs *that are available* without having to jump through hoops like raffles or short lists every 3 months?

My favorites are the Venna and the Citadel, and I just ordered an Armor Engine, thinking of picking up a Reload S and/or a Daywon.

Any thoughts on the last two or other suggestions I should look at? I think I have most of the commonly recommended 'budget' ones.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Has anyone got any suggestions for medium to higher end RDL single coil RDAs *that are available* without having to jump through hoops like raffles or short lists every 3 months?

My favorites are the Venna and the Citadel, and I just ordered an Armor Engine, thinking of picking up a Reload S and/or a Daywon.

Any thoughts on the last two or other suggestions I should look at? I think I have most of the commonly recommended 'budget' ones.
I have a Mission XV Daywon. It's nice but more restricted versus a Venna. With a little searching they can still be found on sale.

Mission XV still has KRMA's in-stock and on sale for $50 USD. I like mine. It is more airy versus a Venna.

If you can find an Atmizoo Creek you will not be disappointed. It is the only true bottom airflow rda that I know of. It's easily one of my favorite RDA's (in my top 3 for sure). Flavor for days! There are likely a few to be found at European online shops.

You can't go wrong with a Vicious Ant Apex. It's slightly more restricted versus the Venna. One of my favorites.

If you can find a FLVR RDA go for it! Flavor is killer. Also slightly more restricted versus a Venna. Those are long gone from all the usual online vape stores. Not long ago I was able to get one directly from Adrian Yew, the maker, via the FLVR Facebook group.

The Squape Seven is another excellent RDA.

The Drip'n Vap (DnV out of France) Venom R is another really good one. Not sure if those can still be found.

Also the Van & Del Design Soul S RDA. Excellent! About as airy as a KRMA.

FWIW, I'm on the hunt for an authentic Hussar Vapes RDA II. The II followed their v1 RDA. They are sold out everywhere. But I'm patient. Eventually a used one will show up.

Where did you find an Armor Engine? :D

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
I have a Mission XV Daywon. It's nice but more restricted versus a Venna. With a little searching they can still be found on sale.

Mission XV still has KRMA's in-stock and on sale for $50 USD. I like mine. It is more airy versus a Venna.

If you can find an Atmizoo Creek you will not be disappointed. It is the only true bottom airflow RDA that I know of. It's easily one of my favorite RDA's (in my top 3 for sure). Flavor for days! There are likely a few to be found at European online shops.

You can't go wrong with a Vicious Ant Apex. It's slightly more restricted versus the Venna. One of my favorites.

If you can find a FLVR RDA go for it! Flavor is killer. Also slightly more restricted versus a Venna. Those are long gone from all the usual online vape stores. Not long ago I was able to get one directly from Adrian Yew, the maker, via the FLVR Facebook group.

The Squape Seven is another excellent RDA.

The Drip'n Vap (DnV out of France) Venom R is another really good one. Not sure if those can still be found.

Also the Van & Del Design Soul S RDA. Excellent! About as airy as a KRMA.

FWIW, I'm on the hunt for an authentic Hussar Vapes RDA II. The II followed their v1 RDA. They are sold out everywhere. But I'm patient. Eventually a used one will show up.

Where did you find an Armor Engine? :D

I've found the Daywon, same place has a Reload S so I'm considering getting both. I have a KRMA, but I'll look for the Creek. The FLVR, Soul S and Hussar II are all ones I'm looking for. I've seen the Squape Seven, might have to take another look. Any idea how the Phenom/Cruiser compares to the Venna?

I may have bought the last Engine, I'll check if they have more and send you a PM if they do, if you want. Mostly bought it on impulse, and Todd's review of it was good.[/S]

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Bought a Vauban by Volute Modz, just wanted to say it's a stellar little RDA. Very flexible in the way the airflow is set up, and flavor is about as good as my Venna. I can write up more on it when I get the time, need to try more builds first, so I'm ordering more wire :)

Haven't played too much with the Despot yet, but so far I like the Vauban more. Need more time.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Haven't played too much with the Despot yet, but so far I like the Vauban more. Need more time.
I've been using the Despot RDA since I received it on April 23. Installed a simple 26g SS316L 2.5id 0.45Ω coil and went with the installed the RDL airflow insert. I went with 316L so I could switch off between my mech and regulated (TC) squonkers.

IMHO, the flavor is a couple notches above the Venna. It's more focused. The airflow with the RDL insert is like the Venna being closed off 1/2 way. AF is slightly more restricted compared to my FLVR RDA. The Despot is a pretty restricted DL vape with the RDL insert. Next build I will install the DL AF insert.

I really like the true bottom airflow design of the Despot (directly underneath the coil). My Atmizoo Creek RDA's also have true bottom airflow. I firmly believe true bottom airflow helps to enhance the flavor.

The Despot is currently on one of my dotSquonk mech squonkers. Squonking with it is a breeze, no issues at all. You would have to hit the bottle really hard to over squonk.

I just checked Van & Del's website, the Despot's are sold out. Kinda expected they would go quick with only 99 being made. I'm very happy with the Despot RDA. It's a winner!

I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Despot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread