Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
Hey y'all! . Ok, so here's the deal...my friend and I are single coil folks. We both love as much flavor as possible, we don't like throat hit although a little throat hit is ok, and we like a nice amount of vaper but we don't need to fog out a room. He is a heavy vapor, I am a light vapor. As of right now we have the Calix made from By Leo and we just ordered the SQuape clone and the Cthulhu.

Here is what I would love help with...a list. A list of all Single Coil rta's, originals and clones. I've looked, and perhaps I've missed it but it would be great to have a list like this for those of us who do not like dual coils. For us, dual coils produce to hot of a vapor and we just don't like it like that. We both appreciate y'all's help.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
There are a ton!

For m2l flavor chasers I recommend most:

Rose v2
Gus Phenomenon Lite
Ataman 2
GP Spheroid

Those have clones as well although the Ataman clone seems difficult to find now. And I forgot the name of the inexpensive atty that's almost identical to the Spheroid.

In the budget category, look at:

EHPro Mini Buddha
HCigar HC Plus
Bellus using single coil adapter
Lemo v1 with airflow closed down
Aga t5

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I don't see the Cthulhu RTA V2 getting any love but it's a nice tank that comes with a single and dual coil base and the Kanger subtank mini glass is a perfect fit. I have several and really like the flavor it produces.

You can pick them up for $36
Cthulhu V2 RTA by Cthulhu Mod

Cthulhu also has incredible customer service and respond to e-mails fast.

Moonface

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
How's the Calix working out for you? I keep thinking to order the clone from fasttech, but people saying glue comes unstuck.
I prefer single coil flavour attys too, anything with a small chamber seems to be best for me, flavour and Vape wise. Used an Erlkonigan for months, currently use gem clone, have phenomenon on order. Big tank/big German is ok in single coil mode but massive(9ml).
Kanger sub tank, Cthulhu v2, gt, Fev, Kayfun,and serphant I have but don't use.
I'll only ever buy single coil small chamber attys in future.
Happy hunting

Reactions: Bella Chic

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
How's the Calix working out for you? I keep thinking to order the clone from fasttech, but people saying glue comes unstuck.
I prefer single coil flavour attys too, anything with a small chamber seems to be best for me, flavour and Vape wise. Used an Erlkonigan for months, currently use gem clone, have phenomenon on order. Big tank/big German is ok in single coil mode but massive(9ml).
Kanger sub tank, Cthulhu v2, gt, Fev, Kayfun,and serphant I have but don't use.
I'll only ever buy single coil small chamber attys in future.
Happy hunting
I absolutely love the Calix. Great flavor, great vapor, east to build on in my opinion. I let my friend borrow it and he is loving it too. Looks great as well and you can take the base off without loosing your tank of juice, fills easily from the top. We just want to try a few different options but really enjoy the Calix.

Reactions: Pinggolfer

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I don't see the Cthulhu RTA V2 getting any love but it's a nice tank that comes with a single and dual coil base and the Kanger subtank mini glass is a perfect fit. I have several and really like the flavor it produces.

You can pick them up for $36
Cthulhu V2 RTA by Cthulhu Mod

Cthulhu also has incredible customer service and respond to e-mails fast.
My friend and I have these ordered. He got his one eBay and I got mine from a member here on ECF. Can't wait to get them and see what they are like

Reactions: sketch804

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
Kfl+ - been my go to atty for more than a year. Tried so many different attys since then - Lemo, erlprinz, etc and then I got the GEM. The GEM beats the kfl in flavor. I taste things that I have never tasted with the kfl+. I switch between the 2 now as the kfl+ is super convenient with absolutely no dripping even when thrown around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bella Chic

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I think you will really enjoy them, its one of my favorite single coil tanks.

The wicking has a learning curve but once you nail it they are fantastic. Let me know if you need any help.
Thank you Marc411. I've been reading through the Cthulhu thread for sure but I will be asking for help definitely if it's needed

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I think I have to go with the Lemo2. It's just amazingly versatile. You can coil it low and open up the air for cloud with merely superior flavor, or swap drip tips with a smaller diameter, coil it tall and shut off the air for flavor that'll make your eyes water. Super easy to build-- I like the deck and the opposed coil leg holes-- and it wicks like a kayfun: tails to the deck and don't stuff it. I have a pair of them, and they were my go-to tanks for more than a year, despite being a dual coil man from way back, until I discovered the Indulgence MT.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I sent my Lemo 2 to Roxy, I didn't notice you can't pull off the tank without loosing Juice. It was a nice tank but that is pretty much a show stopper for me.

I can't figure out why they still design tanks that don't have easy access to the coil and wick when the tank is full.

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I think I have to go with the Lemo2. It's just amazingly versatile. You can coil it low and open up the air for cloud with merely superior flavor, or swap drip tips with a smaller diameter, coil it tall and shut off the air for flavor that'll make your eyes water. Super easy to build-- I like the deck and the opposed coil leg holes-- and it wicks like a kayfun: tails to the deck and don't stuff it. I have a pair of them, and they were my go-to tanks for more than a year, despite being a dual coil man from way back, until I discovered the Indulgence MT.

I looked at this one earlier and thought it looked good. I'm looking all these suggested RTA's up and reading what everyone has to say and going from there. I have Lemo 2 on the list of RTA's to give a try. Thanks you

Reactions: suprtrkr

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I sent my Lemo 2 to Roxy, I didn't notice you can't pull off the tank without loosing Juice. It was a nice tank but that is pretty much a show stopper for me.

I can't figure out why they still design tanks that don't have easy access to the coil and wick when the tank is full.
Oh dang! That's a show stopper for me as well. I don't like that fact at all. I want to be able to change a wick or coil if something happens no matter how much juice is in the tank at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread