Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Oh dang! That's a show stopper for me as well. I don't like that fact at all. I want to be able to change a wick or coil if something happens no matter how much juice is in the tank at the time.
FWIW, it was never a problem for me. The top fill port in the Lemo2 is easy to get to. I just sucked out the juice into a syringe and disassembled the tank.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
as Roxy said, this is a good list. I am a flavor chaser and have tried a few of these.
The Rose v2 is probably my number one. Very little air flow, but what air their is carries the juice vapor (flavor). A rather slow draw though. Good for the evening.

Those where you have an adapter to close off the second coil's air hole changes the mechanics inside the coil compartment. I just consider plain single coil set-ups.

Also, considering the mix of air and juice vapor, a dome or angled roof of the coil compartment the goes up to the chimney helps. I see a flat coil compartment roof and just know that vapor is getting stuck in the flat and not rising up through the chimney.

The others are good, but there is some personal preferences involved as to color, size, etc. Funny thing to me, is that the Lemo v1 still holds its own. Just lower the airflow/intake. Actually, that is a consideration for all of them. Excess air is good for clouds, but will always be a hinderance to inhaling mostly flavor.

Quoted from Roxy: For m2l flavor chasers I recommend most:

Rose v2
Gus Phenomenon Lite
Ataman 2
GP Spheroid

Those have clones as well although the Ataman clone seems difficult to find now. And I forgot the name of the inexpensive atty that's almost identical to the Spheroid.

In the budget category, look at:

EHPro Mini Buddha
HCigar HC Plus
Bellus using single coil adapter
Lemo v1 with airflow closed down
Aga t5

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Luckily, I've rarely had to drain a tank, so I'm grateful for the Lemo2, Marc :). I love how they did the top fill, but if I do ever need to drain it, it may be more difficult than the Lemo v1. Thankfully I haven't had to drain an MT either.

But, having deck access is convenient for people on a tight schedule, and for new builders.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
FWIW, it was never a problem for me. The top fill port in the Lemo2 is easy to get to. I just sucked out the juice into a syringe and disassembled the tank.

Luckily, I've rarely had to drain a tank, so I'm grateful for the Lemo2, Marc :). I love how they did the top fill, but if I do ever need to drain it, it may be more difficult than the Lemo v1. Thankfully I haven't had to drain an MT either.

But, having deck access is convenient for people on a tight schedule, and for new builders.

Hehehe, thank god ive never thought about draining the Lemo 2!, i either just vape whatever juice is left and through whatever vapemergency requires access to the deck, or if its dire, i just dump the juice, usually because if its a burnt wick or whatever, it usually affects the juice anyways. Since moving to tc fulltime its even less of a concern

Even with my TFV4, where you can take it apart without dumping the juice, you can only do that when the juice is lower than the chimney top

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Cthulhu is good flavor RTA ... Version 2 made it easier to build with single/dual deck options.

I mostly prefer RDA's as i like to chase flavor rather than clouds.
Most of the RTA's are a pita to build and leak with atmospheric changes.

Perhaps you should also take a look at hybrids like Origen Genesis V2 MKII & Le Magister. They both hold a ton of juice, great on flavor and not too bad to build.

Reactions: Bella Chic

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I guess I forgot. Actually, a Tilemahos V2, Gus Phenomenon Lite, a Goblin Mini are still reroute. Two Buddha Minis are being played with now. Getting good clarity of flavor, but the 18mm diameter tanks are only 3ml. Would prefer 3.5 or more.
Ya, I like tanks that hold more juice too.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Squape RS, Mark Bugs Gem, Hurricane....

Those are the ones I have in constant rotation. They're all fantastic. Also, the Origen v2 mkll genesis is an amazing tank. Dual or single coil, vertical or horizontal coil, cotton or mesh. Easy build, excellent flavor and great looking. Can't go wrong.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Yes, the Squape Rs is pretty good. I get some leaking into the bottom air chamber via the center pin on one of mine. I just blow it out through the air intake hole into a paper towel, though. Its not to much to leak out on its own.

The UD ATA T5 is pretty good for flavor, too. Only like $12 for an authentic from Triangle Vapes. A rather good deal

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Hey Bella, I remember you from the byLeo forums. =)

I'd suggest the GP Heron v2 (22mm) or GP Spheroid v4 (16mm I believe) is worth a look. They can be run "fluffless" like any other rta (but without flow control) as an option but I am a firm believer in the "fluffed" build as it is a design consideration rather unique in the vaping world.

The fluff is a synthetic fiber (reminiscent of cartomizer filler) that is stuffed into the tank section of the atomizer to suspend the liquid in the tank. The wicks make contact with the filler to provide liquid to the coil. It's kind of like a tank-fed dripper as far as I can tell and the taste is awesome once you've got your build setup just the way you like it.

The reason I prefer the fluff is because it takes away the issue surrounding air pressure/vacuum from tank setups. Not only is it my preferred device for traveling as I don't have to empty it out before getting on a plane, it is my preferred device period, so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread