Single Coil RTA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamBlower

Nov 25, 2015
I've never used mesh, never even bought mesh. I'd have to read up on that for sure because it truly boggles my mind for sure. I would t even know where to start.
it is possible to build your squape with mesh, check youtube for some tutorials. Just saw a video by a guy named qorax do a mesh build on the gem, it's the same principle,recomend that one. You do need a fair bit of patience with mesh tough, can take time to get it right the first time, but it is well worth it, both in flavour and the fact that they last forever☺

Reactions: Bella Chic

dwroblewski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Omaha, NE
Squape RS, Mark Bugs Gem, Hurricane....

Those are the ones I have in constant rotation. They're all fantastic. Also, the Origen v2 mkll genesis is an amazing tank. Dual or single coil, vertical or horizontal coil, cotton or mesh. Easy build, excellent flavor and great looking. Can't go wrong.

I just got my Hurricane, and really like it... I didn't see a thread specific thread for the Hurricane, and I have a quick question about refilling. When I go to unscrew the tank, it tends to grab the deck top cap and unscrew that as well. It's a pain to fill when that cap is attached to the chimney. Any advice? Anybody else running in to this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bella Chic

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I
I just got my Hurricane, and really like it... I didn't see a thread specific thread for the Hurricane, and I have a quick question about refilling. When I go to unscrew the tank, it tends to grab the deck top cap and unscrew that as well. It's a pain to fill when that cap is attached to the chimney. Any advice? Anybody else running in to this issue?

I've heard of the issue but mine doesn't do it. Maybe screw the chimney top on tighter?

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
it is possible to build your squape with mesh, check youtube for some tutorials. Just saw a video by a guy named qorax do a mesh build on the gem, it's the same principle,recomend that one. You do need a fair bit of patience with mesh tough, can take time to get it right the first time, but it is well worth it, both in flavour and the fact that they last forever☺
I will take a look for sure :) Thank you Steam!!!

Devlinukr

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
My favourite tanks are in no particular order:

Taifun GT2 - HotCig
Squape RS - Ivogo
Flash e-vapor - HotCig
Ubertoot v2 - I dunno

I use single coil and temperature control but I like tanks with plenty of room on the deck.
I'd have put the Kayfun V4 on there but mine stopped working and I'm putting it down to too many parts equalling more chances to go wrong.
I found the GEM unusable in TC mode. The deck shorted every time I put a TC build in it and I tried Ti/Ni200/Ss in maybe a couple of dozen configurations to absolutely no avail. Maybe I got a dud but the deck leaves zero room for variety.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio

Its happened to me, too. I just use some needle nose pliers to carefully unscrew it from the stem.

dwroblewski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Omaha, NE
Its happened to me, too. I just use some needle nose pliers to carefully unscrew it from the stem.

I carefully cranked that top cap down on to the deck, and it hasn't happened again. I just ordered a bell cap so I'll see if that works a little better at not grabbing the top cap when refilling. Love the Hurricane other than that. Right up there with my Squape!

exo72069

Sep 1, 2012
Austin TX
Fantastic thread. Great question and great responses. Bookmarked it, a real rarity for me.

But I'm seeking a subset: Which single coil RTA's are good for hyperunitary ohms and available with glass tanks? Most of the above I would hope.

Am hyer-allergic to PG and flavorings, even most advertised as zero PG. One of the few I can use is peppermint which is a plastic tank cracker.

At best subohm is expensive and unnecessary for nicotine delivery. At worst....

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I got 3 new single coil RTAs a couple of days ago from FT; Tilemahos V2, SXK Nebula WIne and Kronos. I would buy all 3 of them again. For flavor, the best of these is the Kronos although it is a lot more work to set up. I am a MTLer and do not use TC. My perfect airflow is a Kayfun Monster V2. The Tilemahos wide open has slightly less airflow but is still fine. Kronos can be adjusted but not really good for direct to lung vaping. Nebula has a bit too much airflow for me. Had to block off one airhole to get it down to the same as the monster. Tilemahos is really easy to set up and is the same as the KS just in a smaller tank. Nebula is simple as well but I am still working on the wicking for this. Not leaking but a bit too juicy at the moment. Kronos is a PITA to setup but once it is setup up, it is my favorite of the three. I have also been using the Hurricane for a couple of months. It is a great tank for flavor but the Kronos seems better.

$19.80 Kronos Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4.5ml / stainless steel + glass / 23mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$13.26 SXK Nebula Wine Tank RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - authentic / 5ml / stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$20.82 Tilemahos V2 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4ml / stainless steel + PC / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I got my SXK Nebula Wine tank a few days ago and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. I'm somewhere between MTL and direct lung vaper and this tank works pretty well. I would like a tad more airflow, but it's not bad at all. I've been using a NI200 build and the flavor has been amazing. Overall, it's a very nice tank, especially for the price.

Reactions: Adam harris

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
I got my SXK Nebula Wine tank a few days ago and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. I'm somewhere between MTL and direct lung vaper and this tank works pretty well. I would like a tad more airflow, but it's not bad at all. I've been using a NI200 build and the flavor has been amazing. Overall, it's a very nice tank, especially for the price.

How about the nebula vs lemo 2

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I've been using the Serpent (2 of them) for a couple weeks and really get a great vape from this tank. It's build deck is nice and large. I running a 3mm 6 wrap alien coil in both of mine right now and the flavor is insane.

Some have mentioned that they have stay away from the tank because it doesn't break all the way down for clean but a nice hot bath cleans them up nicely.

serpent.png

Reactions: iwanivan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread