• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Single Coil vs Dual Coil vs Quad Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Syonando
Got a new rda, the Mephisto. Decided to put this Helix coil in. 2 strands of 26g twisted, with 2 strands of 30g in between the grooves of the twisted 26g. so 4 strands altogether. 5 wraps around 3mm drill bit, 0.4ohms. great flavour, great vapour. Doesn't take long to heat up too. Probably my current favorite coil. :D

IMG_20150411_140947_2.jpg

Reactions: chia

Currynoah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
would you use a thinner gauge wire for 3 ohm coil @ 12w? so you can heat up faster?

Sorry bro. Just logged in today and just read your post. To answer your question: Like I said in earlier post, It's a matter of versatility. I work with what I have.

The difference in fire timing for me, is negligible. I just wanna slap on a coil + wick, test fire, drip, vape and go do my daily activities.

Sorry the answer came 3 months late. :|

Minzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Syonando
Man, the Clapton looks wonderful. I've been spending the pass hour getting my single coil build right, finally found that a vertical coil on my derringer works best running at 0.7 ohms.

How's the Clapton?, looks really difficult.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
indeed, claptons aren't easy to make. and is very time consuming. performance wise, i'm kinda on the fence. It has great flavour and vapour production, but the ramp up time is extremely long. maybe i shouldn't have wrapped a 3mm macro coil, or maybe i should have used lower resistance core with a higher resistance wrap. i dunno. gotta do more testing i guess. but its such a pain to build..... urgh... great flavour and vapour, but is it worth the effort? i still dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread