Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hey all,

This thread is the ECF homebase for my YouTube channel, "Sloth Tonight" (formerly known as Scydivasloth Productions). Here's the link: Sloth Tonight

Anytime I upload a new video, it will be posted here. I will also be active here in case anyone takes an interest and wants to bounce ideas back and forth about channel related stuff, as I enjoy the community's input and have found it very helpful to me on many occasions.

Sloth Tonight (the new channel name as of 11/11/2017) began as a vape channel and indeed will always be vape related to an extent. Specifically, it began as a Nicoticket e-liquid review channel when I was super into Nicoticket, then it expanded to include the occasional product review, coil tutorial, and so on.

Going forward, the channel will be a mixture of 2 different video series and also various other videos of whatever kind (eg vape review). As for the 2 series, I will break them down below.

"Plankton Hunters" - in this series, Sloth and his trusty Plankton-Sniffing-Dog, Boomer, are on an eradication mission. It all began when there was a mysterious and seemingly inexplicable shipwreck in the Adirondack Mountains. Onboard were two gruesome, grotesque Plankton Farmers, affectionately known as the "Plankton Farming Pimps." Without ruining the story, the plankton got out of control and infested the Adirondack water supplies, causing rampant sickness and many horrible things to start happening. I repeat: Sloth and Boomer are on an eradication mission. The plankton must be stopped before it is too late.

The 2nd series is not yet named, and I will update this post when it is. It will be a newscast/weather vlog. Let me stop and say do not worry, this "newscast" portion will in no way ever touch on real events or even imply a political message. I have no interest in that at all! What it will include is ridiculous made up news stories, and a comedic take on the weather. It will also notably include a ton of gorgeous outdoor scenery as I live a very active lifestyle and enjoy going out in snowstorms to ski, bushwhack through the beautiful coniferous forests I live in, etc. I am most excited for this series, but it will not air for another couple of months as I want that first episode to really pop and need some time.

And as mentioned there will also be various other videos that are more true to the history of my channel. Got a vape review for another mod coming up in a couple of weeks. Got another mountain biking video in the works. Essentially, I just love making videos and "Sloth Tonight" is my creative outlet. You can also expect some "music videos" in which Sloth jams on the bass to a drum track or something. It's a place to have fun.

If you are interested in the videos please consider subscribing to this thread so you will be notified when I post new updates and videos. If this thread has quite a few followers, I will quite often pose some questions about things like video ideas, quality feedback, etc.

For the record, I have a lot of new equipment and software I am in the process of learning. There should be a slow and steady quality leap over the next several months. In the past, everything was done on my phone in 720p. Going forward, there's a mixture of cameras, including a GoPro for those beautiful action shots in the great outdoors, and everything is being recorded at or above 1080p (if above, downsampled to 1080p for the upload to YouTube).

Now that my opening post is out of the way, feel free to chit chat. This is definitely a lounge area and you do not need to stay on topic. I will be back with channel updates soon, as well as the 2nd installment of the "Plankton Hunters" series, or the 1st depending on how you look at it (I posted one already but it's sort of a prequel).

If you are new to Sloth Tonight and have never seen Scydivasloth Productions before, I am going to post some videos which will give you a good range of the content so far. Everyone should understand that this is a fun, creative outlet for me and no offense will ever be taken if these videos are not your cup of tea. I'd rather be hated by many and loved by a few than be your typical "meh" YouTube channel. Feel free to hate and move on, you're still A'ok in my book :)

Ok, a few of my most recent videos are below, starting with a channel update very relevant to this opening post (if you watch that just ignore me asking for advice regarding a name change). The last video I'll include in this list is my most "popular" video from a few years back, and one of my favorites I ever made. Quick props to @Kent Brooks for helping me get where I got with that video (over 3k views!!! a lot for me!). Note that "Return of the Plankton" is the "prequel" to "Plankton Hunters" (and sorry in advance for the awful audio, I won't make that wretched mistake again)

So subscribe to the channel, subscribe to the thread, or move on with your life - all is good with me man. But if you enjoy this stuff, you must be crazy like me. We'll get along just fine :)

ETA: For now, if you go to the actual homepage of my YouTube channel, the banner art etc still says "Scydivasloth Productions." That's confusing I know and it will all change in the next month or 2 over to "Sloth Tonight" - just clarifying :)

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hi sis, I'm glad you popped in 'cause I have a question :) is it alright to post a link to this thread in places like the REO Lounge (only once, just so people know it's here) or should I avoid a link and just tell them it's in the lounge?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hi sis, I'm glad you popped in 'cause I have a question :) is it alright to post a link to this thread in places like the REO Lounge (only once, just so people know it's here) or should I avoid a link and just tell them it's in the lounge?

I don't see why not

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I see you have a new home for your videos! Very nice!

I'll just make myself at home here. :toast:
I'll pull you up a chair my friend!

1.jpg

Well, this should be fun. I've always appreciated your vids, starting back in the Nicoticket days. Your hardware reviews even taught me a thing or two and gave me some insight when I started transitioning from simple regulated Provaris to mech mods. Although I do remember, way back in the Nicoticket days, when you were struggling mightily for days & days trying to make a coil (?) / configuring an atty (?) or some such, and getting more & more frustrated every day. I was almost crying along with you LOL. You've come a long way since then.

What I really enjoy though is your wacky sense of humor & easy, laid back style. I can relate to that. Plus, I feel a kinship with your love of the great outdoors & nature. I'm from Ohio & take 1 (sometimes 2) trips through Vermont, New Hampshire or up the coast of Maine every year. I've been doing this for 40 some years & never tire of it. The Maine coastal environment is in my blood for sure. Acadia Ntl. Park... heaven on earth to me.

In fact, I pretty much paralleled your western trip this year with a 3 week jaunt through New England till I ended up in Acadia.

Long story short, looking forward to your new content. Have fun with it. :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Well, this should be fun. I've always appreciated your vids, starting back in the Nicoticket days. Your hardware reviews even taught me a thing or two and gave me some insight when I started transitioning from simple regulated Provaris to mech mods. Although I do remember, way back in the Nicoticket days, when you were struggling mightily for days & days trying to make a coil (?) / configuring an atty (?) or some such, and getting more & more frustrated every day. I was almost crying along with you LOL. You've come a long way since then.

What I really enjoy though is your wacky sense of humor & easy, laid back style. I can relate to that. Plus, I feel a kinship with your love of the great outdoors & nature. I'm from Ohio & take 1 (sometimes 2) trips through Vermont, New Hampshire or up the coast of Maine every year. I've been doing this for 40 some years & never tire of it. The Maine coastal environment is in my blood for sure. Acadia Ntl. Park... heaven on earth to me.

In fact, I pretty much paralleled your western trip this year with a 3 week jaunt through New England till I ended up in Acadia.

Long story short, looking forward to your new content. Have fun with it. :)
Thank you, my friend :) I remember those days of struggle, especially with the Kayfun Lite...oh man what a trip :w00t:

Yes sir...New England is stunning to and through, especially the 3 states you mention. I was in Acadia for the first time last Fall. Gorgeous place. Anytime you're heading over that way feel free to stop in, by the way :)

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Hey, Sloth! Great to see you are back at the videos, friend. :wub:
I had to watch the PBC review for old time's sake. :lol::lol::lol:
Lots of fun, there, and I hope everyone in the PBC Union is doing well. All great people, that's for sure.
I hope you've been happy and healthy, buddy - and taking care of yourself. :wub:
I look forward to some laughs and good times with your latest adventure. Good to "see" you and as always, I'm wishing you well!
--Nanny--

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hey, Sloth! Great to see you are back at the videos, friend. :wub:
I had to watch the PBC review for old time's sake. :lol::lol::lol:
Lots of fun, there, and I hope everyone in the PBC Union is doing well. All great people, that's for sure.
I hope you've been happy and healthy, buddy - and taking care of yourself. :wub:
I look forward to some laughs and good times with your latest adventure. Good to "see" you and as always, I'm wishing you well!
--Nanny--
Nanny :wub: I'm happy you're here sis! Hope you're staying warm up there. We've been doing very well here. I just recently got back from a trip out west, talk about awesome scenery :thumb:

Subscribed. Fell in love with Boomer.
See, I knew if I filmed Boomer I'd get more subs :banana: welcome Letitia! Thanks for subbing on the tube as well my friend :wub:

Thanks all for being here. I'll also post plenty of pictures on this thread, so there's lots of nature photography coming your way in addition to vids.

Speakin' of vids, we filmed the first full episode of Plankton Hunters yesterday. Got some touch up edits to do but I think it's a great first episode. Will post in a day or two, trying to space out the uploads and get a head start on the next project before uploading the current one.

But here is the video thumbnail to get ya pumped:

Plankton Hunters ep1 thumb.jpg

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Here is the debut episode of "Plankton Hunters." This provides some backstory and context for the series going forward. The pace picks up a bit in the next episode, and I can guarantee that if this one leaves you feeling entertained, then you're in for a real treat next week when #2 drops :thumb:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMjh7c_vGQk

Feedback encouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread