Not open for further replies.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Here, it's all there to read.

Order#: 16134 Order Placed: May 2, 2009 at 4:37:00 PM

This is the first message I sent, via their ticket system, I had the message CC'd to my e-mail.

Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:13 AM
{Ticket#185-7414} Order#: 16134

I'm still waiting for my order to move from "Processing". It's been 3 days and still nothing. Will I be getting a tracking number? Every other supplier I've ordered from gives tracking numbers, it helps me alleviate stress.

Please let me know what is holding up my order.

Thanks,
Chris
Casey replied quickly, 39 minutes later:

Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Hi Chris,

Yes, you will receive a tracking number. Please note that our shipping policy clearly states that while most orders ship out within 24-48 hours of being placed, it can take up to 72 hours for your order to leave our shipping facility. I apologize for the inconvenience, but we have had a very high volume of orders since our stock liquidation and therefore our shipping is slightly slower. Please keep an eye on your email for a tracking number once your order has shipped.

Thank you,

Casey Pukl
Pure Enterprises, Inc.
PO Box 1200
Hendersonville, TN 37077
Now, perhaps it's just me but in referencing the "stated shipping policy" it sort of felt like she was implying that I hadn't read it with the wording "clearly states", as if I was a dolt. Perhaps I should have waited the entire 72 hours? Hmmm.

Wed, May 6, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Hello Casey,

I realize that it may be out of your control but my order has not shipped yet nor have I received a tracking number for Order#: 16134

It has now been 5 days, or 100+ hours since I placed my order. Quite frankly, you guys should have been prepared for the increase in volume due to the sale and factoring in the panic over the possible FDA actions on Cinco de Mayo.

With other suppliers able to ship quickly and have cheaper prices for the same products, I will be carefully reconsidering whether I should order any items from you guys again. This is the second time I've had an order delayed and the second time the excuse was "sorry, we're swamped with orders". Other suppliers have faster shipping and I've graduated from making smaller "test" orders from them to making larger orders. As of now, it seems I'll be looking towards other suppliers who don't wait until the latest possible time frame to ship their orders. I had already written off PureSmoker due to the higher than average prices and slow shipping. The sampler pack being so cheap was tempting, I admit. However, seeing as the shipping is so slow I'll be taking my business elsewhere, where items are shipped as quickly as (sometimes quicker than) promised. Perhaps a rewrite of the shipping policy and a disclaimer regarding sales volume and shipping times would be in order.

If I had known it was going to take this long, I probably wouldn't have ordered, even with the sale. It may be prudent that the next time Steve announces a sale or fresh stock, that he mention it will most likely take longer than advertised to get orders shipped because PureSmoker is ill equipped to handle high order volumes.

/rant

Anxiously awaiting my order,
Chris
As you can see, after being told what was "clearly stated" I was annoyed that the policy she quoted me, wasn't being followed.

Well, she replied anyway, with a short and to the point e-mail.

Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Hi Chris,

Your order was shipped today, and you should receive tracking information via email this evening. I apologize for your frustration with our turnaround time, but imagine having 2 people packaging over 500 orders- while fully testing any electronics that go out. This is a long process and I apologize that some times our orders take longer than others, but we're human.
I was happy that my order was finally shipped. So I decided to try and lighten the mood despite the fact that she was complaining to me about staffing issues.

Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:25 PM

"This is a long process and I apologize that some times our orders take longer than others, but we're human."

Wait... so the other suppliers are employing robots? ;)

Thanks for replying so quickly.

~Chris
Apparently, humor doesn't traverse e-mail very well, or she was irritated with me by now.

Wed, May 6, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Hi Chris,

I'm saying not everyone has 2 people and fully tests everything before it goes out.

Thanks,
So, by now I'm pretty sure she's sick of hearing from me. However, the issue was my order has taken so long to ship. When I didn't get my tracking number, I was doubly irritated, especially when it was clearly stated that I would have it.

Thu, May 7, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Hello Casey,

The status on my order has not changed from "Processing" as of this e-mail. Also, I have yet to receive my tracking number.

Regardless of whether those two things change or not, I should receive my order no later than Friday/Saturday if it shipped when you said it did. If it didn't ship yet, I'd like to cancel my order and be issued a refund immediately.

In the end, I'll know whether I was lied to or not. I will be discussing my experience on e-cigarette-forum.com, either way.

In an attempt to ship orders out ASAP and streamline the shipping process, perhaps one individual should only pack non-equipment orders and another person should pack orders containing electronic devices. Throwing a bunch of sample bottles in packaging and printing a label for them should not take this long. If I had known it was going to take this long, I'd have never placed an order in the first place. Sorry if I sound callous, but staffing issues are really not my concern. If Steve is unable or unwilling to hire more people, then perhaps the stated shipping information on the website should be revised or a disclaimer be placed on the site explaining lengthy processing time to accommodate for the level of business that PureSmoker brings in.

Again, let me reiterate: If my order didn't ship yet, I'd like to cancel my order and be issued a refund immediately.

Thank You,
Chris
As you can see, I was being a bit of an .... However, at this point I was just tired of waiting and it was more than a full day past the clearly stated 72 hours. When I checked my order status before going to sleep, it still hadn't changed. Heh, I also decided to give some advice.

Still, Casey replied and let me know what was going on. It's really not her fault I suppose. :(

Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Hi Chris,

Your order was shipped yesterday. I am unsure why the tracking information from yesterday's orders has not been updated- as you are not the only customer reporting this, but I loaded the orders into the car with Steve and Joanna yesterday, and they definitely went out. Please keep an eye out for your package.
This morning when I checked, my order status changed to "shipped". However, the Post Office didn't update their site last night to show that the package was accepted/processed. Usually, they update the tracking info late in the evening.

23jpuko.png

So, that's where it stands. I'm not trying to flame anyone but I'm just sharing my experience. Now, I know this post will have a lot of people coming in and bragging how awesome their experience was, that's a given. However, I'm no interested in any "cheerleading" posts. I welcome some suggestions or tricks to getting my orders shipped out faster but beyond that, I don't want to get bashed for complaining. Make your own thread if you enjoy bragging how awesome things went for you. If you plan on ordering during a sale or any sort of restock, then just be aware, it'll take longer than 72 hours as the two people handling processing and handling are overworked and understaffed. I really see Casey's e-mails as a call for help. :D Also Casey, sorry for being harsh.

----------------------------
UPDATE: (5/08/2009)

Well, I definitely was not lied too. USPS sux fat donkey phallus. I'll probably get my sampler pack in today. I'm gonna be very grumpy if I didn't get all 10 flavors but I won't be as mad if French Feet Pipe is the one that gets replaced and with a bottle of 555 or RY4, lol.

I'm still not happy with how long it took to ship out but I'll get over it :p

Tracking info screenshot.

20090508-jiafrcxdmms1ewhp8k68k9dp8h.png

Another Update... 5/08/2009 (Later)

Got my Sampler pack in today, all 10 flavors!! Some are great (Menthol, Cappucino), some are pretty good (like Marlboro), and France Pipe tastes pretty much how wino piss puddles smell like. :cry:
51053-barfing_smiley.gif

Last edited:

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
Chris, again, I am sorry for the delay in shipping your order, but you also need to remember that you placed it on a Saturday. Sunday, we're not here, and there's no mail. I'm sorry that you thought I was insulting you by stating our shipping policy, but it does appear on our website in a shipping and handling section. I was also not complaining about staffing issues- just stating the facts of the situation.

Also, think about how much time I spend per day replying to emails from people inquiring about the status of their orders, when I could be packaging them. The more you send, the less time there is for me to help get them tested and sent out.

I'd also like to point out that you were not lied to, as you mentioned you'd be discussing whether or not you were here on the forum.

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
I also placed an order on May 2.

When I go to USPS tracking and plug in the numbers this is what I get:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May 4, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

It looks like the Post Office hasn't gotten my package yet. Any estimate on when that might happen? Order#: 16084

mizmare

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
St Paul, MN US

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May 4, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

It looks like the Post Office hasn't gotten my package yet. Any estimate on when that might happen? Order#: 16084

I took delivery of a package yesterday that said the same thing until this morning.

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com

Laynies- It is not uncommon that some packages will show up at their delivery destination without the tracking information ever being updated. (I don't know why, but USPS seems to be a little unpredictable when scanning Priority mail). Keep an eye out for it.

Looks like mizmare and I were thinking alike ;)

Last edited:
I forgot all about my little 10ml order I placed. I was too busy worrying about my m401 order from china (which I got today. yay!). lol. Looks like I just got an email today from you guys though. I appreciate that. I somewhat agree with bizzy, but at the same time I'm not really worried about it. Y'all are busy, but have a good rep, and I know it will get here before my 30ml of strawberry runs out.

Sexi

ECF Veteran

Laynies, I have had packages in my hand upwards of 48 hours & the USPS status will show this exact same thing, so it is very common problem with them. I don't know why they can't get it right. .......................... Well maybe I can guess, in 2 words, "federal government".

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
LOL, Bizzy...you crack me up.
I too have had he same problem and JUST got a shipping conformation today. You have a blow-out sale and don't anticipate a big run in?

Also I got the bad batch of Riskee juice a month ago (Was told it was PEG and not PG based) and asked about a return or refund as I know some people that did complain got refunds. I have the bottle with only 1ml gone. I was told by Casey and Joanna that they had no stock left. Strange since I went to the site and there was still juice :confused: It didn't even have to be riskee...but here I sit on 30ml of un-vapeable riskee IMO

I will not be a return customer either. I know of a few other suppliers that run with one employee, or just themselves and I get my products ON TIME, as promised AND get refunded if there is a juice issue.

:lol: Robots, I loved that comment!!! :lol:

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
It's nice to hear I'm not alone in this :)

The last couple of weeks I've been on an ordering frenzy and this is the first time I've had this happen. Although based on your accounts it won't be the last.

It's like seeing christmas presents under the tree and not being able to open them!! I can't wait to try new flavors and PV's.

After my last post I went out and ambushed the mailman but unfortunately he had no packages for me today. Tomorrow I hope!

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
It's nice to hear I'm not alone in this :)

The last couple of weeks I've been on an ordering frenzy and this is the first time I've had this happen. Although based on your accounts it won't be the last.

It's like seeing christmas presents under the tree and not being able to open them!! I can't wait to try new flavors and PV's.

After my last post I went out and ambushed the mailman but unfortunately he had no packages for me today. Tomorrow I hope!

I have stock piled too and getting a package from California to chicago in 2 days, and STILL waiting for PS from a May 2nd order which just shipped out today...not cool

Yup, I ambush the mail lady too...she sees me coming and hands out the goodies :)

NUCK...darling, I would love for you to be a customer service rep for a day and I'd love to read your responses!!!

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
LOL, Bizzy...you crack me up.
I too have had he same problem and JUST got a shipping conformation today. You have a blow-out sale and don't anticipate a big run in?

Also I got the bad batch of Riskee juice a month ago (Was told it was PEG and not PG based) and asked about a return or refund as I know some people that did complain got refunds. I have the bottle with only 1ml gone. I was told by Casey and Joanna that they had no stock left. Strange since I went to the site and there was still juice :confused: It didn't even have to be riskee...but here I sit on 30ml of un-vapeable riskee IMO

I will not be a return customer either. I know of a few other suppliers that run with one employee, or just themselves and I get my products ON TIME, as promised AND get refunded if there is a juice issue.

:lol: Robots, I loved that comment!!! :lol:

Thanks Shimmy :D

I try to have a sense of humor sometimes, lol. :D

Hopefully, you get a return or refund on your unvapable juice :(

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW

This is entirely too funny laynies. Word for word exact same circumstances for me :lol: Dates and all!

I know life must be hectic what with the Prodigy pre-order and all. I sent an inquiry last night 'bout a juce order and then I saw this thread.

Anyhoo, juice arrived today, All strawberry and coconut happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread