SMOK ALIEN 220W + GeekVape Zeus Dual RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Have fun starting building! I would use steam-engine.org, and maybe (perhaps) if you have a favorite coil for your drop in tank and wattage level, possibly consider building to the same or similar resistance might be a good starting point. Keep in mind with dual coils you resistance will be halved for each coil, although steam-engine.org should get you going.

RTAs do vape a bit differently, but the beauty of them is that you can tailor your resistance to what you prefer, after some early experimentation I think you will quickly get a good sense of what resistance/wattage you will be vaping at. Good luck, it's a good rebuildable and I hope you enjoy it.

Anna

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
A few reviews and comments I've seen about the dual have been that the single is better.

I do have the single and it's quite good and will skip the dual.

I tend to say, since you're using a regulated mod, the ohms (as long as not too low) aren't as important and I tend to fill my RTAs with the most wraps and decent diameter coils that I can so to get a good amount of metal mass in there, and the better experience.

As singles are easier to build and the difference is actually quite minimal if you do a good single, I've been recommending singles more and more, heck, most of my duals that I can go with single coils, I now go that way and find that it improves due to the better airflow I get out of them.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
Hello,

I have the SMOK ALIEN 220W kit and I'm thinking about buying
GeekVape Zeus Dual RTA for it. Any toughts? Recommendations?
Would it be any good?

Thanks. :)

It's a nice toy.
Just play with it until you find out what works best for you.

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
A few reviews and comments I've seen about the dual have been that the single is better.

I do have the single and it's quite good and will skip the dual.

I tend to say, since you're using a regulated mod, the ohms (as long as not too low) aren't as important and I tend to fill my RTAs with the most wraps and decent diameter coils that I can so to get a good amount of metal mass in there, and the better experience.

As singles are easier to build and the difference is actually quite minimal if you do a good single, I've been recommending singles more and more, heck, most of my duals that I can go with single coils, I now go that way and find that it improves due to the better airflow I get out of them.
Are there any major differences that I should take knowledge of? I'm just basically searching for a beastly RTA and found the Dual one fits the expectations and style I was looking for. I am here to hear what everyone thinks, I am just learning. :)

Reactions: stols001

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Are there any major differences that I should take knowledge of? I'm just basically searching for a beastly RTA and found the Dual one fits the expectations and style I was looking for. I am here to hear what everyone thinks, I am just learning. :)

I remember mentions of the airflow and also the wicking being not as good, and the deck being a bit harder to work on.
If you're looking for "beastly"... just be aware that it's not the number of coils, just how you use them ..

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread