The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok Nord

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by SKYYcamel, Dec 17, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    I just ordered a Nord kit for myself and I thought I'd start a thread. Anxious to hear any comments, tips and tricks.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Vicman

Vicman Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Was intrigued about this unit as well. Seen a sale so ordered one yesterday from Eightvape. They only had the green one but had it for $24 so picked it up. Didn't pick up any extra coils as I figure I will try both to see which I like best. Will report on it once it comes in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I have noticed something with basically all coil cartridge devices: the coil that comes in the box is always much better and long lasting than those available as replacements. I do not know exactly why this seems to be true, but I would advise not judging coil quality by what comes in the box. The replacements are the ones you will be mostly using.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Vicman

Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    My Nord just came in (kudos to Eightvape for super quick shipping). Initial thoughts are this feels like a quality product as it really feels solid. Using the .6 coil and I have to find something with lower nic levels. Using a 18mg and getting a bit to much with this coil. Will vape through this tank and refill with some 6mg I got laying around. Have not tried the other coil yet so nothing to report there. Lastly, I bought the green one as that is all they had. Upon further review, I like it with gold trim. Looks kinda classy. Like I said, it just came in so will have more to say later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. SKYYcamel

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Sounds good so far Vicman. I'll never use the .6 coil. Sub ohming makes me dizzy as a sh*t house mouse even with 3mg juice. :cry:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Vicman

Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Changed coils from the .6 to the 1.4 and like the flavor better. The vape is a little warmer than the vape from the Novo. Kinda wish they had air flow control as the draw feels similar to the draw from the EQ. I don't mind it but I like a little looser of a draw. Not bad, but would like to fine tune my vape. Feel they missed the boat on that as it is a coil type pod and other coil type pods have air control. Will vape it for a while and see how I adjust.

As for the .6 coil, if you want a sub ohm vape for out and about and not want to drag a huge device, this would be a good device.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. SKYYcamel

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    D1D11978-90C2-41D6-8AB6-29DA95ADFC49.jpeg I just got mine and I’m impressed so far. Using the 1.4 coil and I’m getting good flavor, throat hit and vapor. It’s the first “pod” system I’ve tried that gives a satisfying vape. If it holds up well, I’ll definitely be getting another one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Vicman

Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    I was not liking the vape from the 1.4 coil but then checked the battery life and was in the red. Charged it up and liking it. Guess it loses power to the coil as the battery runs down. The vape stayed consistent until it hit a certain point, that must have been when it went into the red. Now that it charged up, I am digging this thing. Have a maple pipe tobacco in this and the taste is good. Guess I'll have to order up some 1.4 coils as that fits my style better. Might pick up an extra pod as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Vandal

Vandal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    Heart of Virginia
    I've been reading around about different pod systems, and so far, this one catches my attention. I am strictly MTL and like a tight, cigarette-like draw. Not too warm a vape. Does the Nord w/ the 1.4 coil seem like a potential fit for me?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SKYYcamel

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    It's not a real warm vape and I'd say it's a loose MTL draw.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Vandal

Oct 21, 2009
    Heart of Virginia
    Hmmm, the Nord seems to check all my boxes except for air flow control. I vape Nauti mini and Zenith on the smallest air hole. I may look around a bit more.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Rockford

Rockford Super Member

Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada
    You want a tight draw, check out this one:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Vandal

Oct 21, 2009
    Heart of Virginia
    This looks really interesting. Going to be following this one.

14. MrsWood

MrsWood Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2018
    Try an Aspire Sprite. Adjustable air flow (not much room for adjustment but enough to produce a tight draw and uses a coil). It has decent flavor and a good solid smooth hit. Decently warm vape as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. MrsWood

Jan 30, 2018
    This mod is awesome. Since we got them in, I haven’t had a single one returned. Also wanted to suggest a Renova Zero as well for you. Has a good right draw as well as adjustable voltage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. drysprocket

drysprocket Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Are you a shop located in the US by chance? I haven't seen any online shops that have it in yet here.

17. Rockford

Rockford Super Member

Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada
  18. MrsWood

Jan 30, 2018
    Yes I’m in NC. When they come in here they sale only for sale in the USA

• Like Like x 1
  19. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Ordered one(red) today. I've read good reviews, so I'm hoping for a good out and about small device that has decent subohm,dtl vaping. My concern is I wonder how long the press fiting will hold up.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MrsWood

Jan 30, 2018
    No issues in the press to fire that I’ve saw so far. We’ve been selling them since they were released, only issue I have saw is that some have an issue with auto firing without being pressed.

• Like Like x 1