Smok Nord

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
fasttech also has four different choices for nord coils: I just got in some of the XFKM ones - haven't tried them yet though.
Let us know how it goes!!
@NHXJer Just wondering if you tried the XFKM coils? How do ther compare to the SMOK branded coils?
Don't think @NHXJer has tried them yet but I just ordered a bunch and will post a review after they arrive from China. From reading some reviews apparently they don't fit as snug as crappy Smok Nord coils, but work pretty well, and can't lose much at around a buck $ a piece!:cool:

There's also another thread here: Issues on smok nord

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
@NHXJer @LaZeR Just wondering if you've tried the XFKM nord coils?
Hey, ya, I was going to post a full report on some other threads later coz so far I've tried only one XFKM after-market 3rd party Nord coil. I got the regular 1.4 oHm.
  • First I had the XFKM in the new Smok Nord Vape Pen 19 (2019 model), and then after vaping for a while I switched the same coil into a Smok Nord Pod.
  • There's a bit of a transition from original Smok Nord coils coz it takes a while for your eLiquid to steep into XFKM coils due I think to different cotton than authentic Smok Nord coils.
  • Initially AT FIRST there's lots of gurgling & spitting so make sure you prime both the top AND sides of the XFKMs, let eLiquid sit in the tank for around 10 to 15 minutes, and then take some powered-off draws. (The latter needs to be done with the XFKMs every time you let your device sit unused for a while).
  • After a break-in period the XFKM coil vapes pretty smooth.
  • Vaping via swapping two devices has allowed the XKFM to last 4 days so far but keep in mind that's only part time use. However, with the bad luck and hit & miss of genuine Smok Nord coils, the XKFM coils SEEM to be a better deal at a $1 buck a piece.
Couple more notes:
  • Shipping is pretty fast, but with vaping issues in the media lately, customs slows things down AFTER gear is already in the country.
  • A bit of an UNUSUAL shocker, my last authentic Smok Nord coil has lasted around 3 weeks so far, once again via part time use, so ask yourself if you want to keep paying $10 to $15 for a 5-pack to take this chance.
  • Will update again later, but would really like to hear some other user's experiences with after-market 3rd party Nord coils. Cheers!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread