The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok Nord

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by SKYYcamel, Dec 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LaZeR

LaZeR Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    USA & Canada
    Don't think @NHXJer has tried them yet but I just ordered a bunch and will post a review after they arrive from China. From reading some reviews apparently they don't fit as snug as crappy Smok Nord coils, but work pretty well, and can't lose much at around a buck $ a piece!:cool:

There's also another thread here: Issues on smok nord

2. proax9

proax9 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2011
    Long Island, NY
  3. LaZeR

LaZeR Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    USA & Canada
    Hey, ya, I was going to post a full report on some other threads later coz so far I've tried only one XFKM after-market 3rd party Nord coil. I got the regular 1.4 oHm.
    • First I had the XFKM in the new Smok Nord Vape Pen 19 (2019 model), and then after vaping for a while I switched the same coil into a Smok Nord Pod.
    • There's a bit of a transition from original Smok Nord coils coz it takes a while for your eLiquid to steep into XFKM coils due I think to different cotton than authentic Smok Nord coils.
    • Initially AT FIRST there's lots of gurgling & spitting so make sure you prime both the top AND sides of the XFKMs, let eLiquid sit in the tank for around 10 to 15 minutes, and then take some powered-off draws. (The latter needs to be done with the XFKMs every time you let your device sit unused for a while).
    • After a break-in period the XFKM coil vapes pretty smooth.
    • Vaping via swapping two devices has allowed the XKFM to last 4 days so far but keep in mind that's only part time use. However, with the bad luck and hit & miss of genuine Smok Nord coils, the XKFM coils SEEM to be a better deal at a $1 buck a piece.
    Couple more notes:
    • Shipping is pretty fast, but with vaping issues in the media lately, customs slows things down AFTER gear is already in the country.
    • A bit of an UNUSUAL shocker, my last authentic Smok Nord coil has lasted around 3 weeks so far, once again via part time use, so ask yourself if you want to keep paying $10 to $15 for a 5-pack to take this chance.
    • Will update again later, but would really like to hear some other user's experiences with after-market 3rd party Nord coils. Cheers!!

4. Toronnah

Toronnah Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2012
    Canada
    For me, this device will forever be known as the Smok NO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.