Smok strikes out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
You can get a Lemon from any manufacturer.

That said, Smok does seem to have a knack for it
but their after sales is decent now ... i have fail smok alpha, nord n novo, most died on month 4-5 and smok allow me to claim warranty with video proof ....
my vandy vape, fuchai, pal artery died in 2 month but they just ignore me,

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
I just really hate the idea of a disposable device. I mean, I probably should LOVE the idea given my habits of destruction, but I have found, just buying really solid gear is the answer. Sigh.

Anna

i had environmentalitus with the pods. even with the stock coils, this silk-gloved slap in the mouth
Concerned citizens wrap and wick there own coils......
and, umm, recycle the used strands of wire. Yep.
The used wick...is..we...wash it and make it in to tshirts.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I just really hate the idea of a disposable device. I mean, I probably should LOVE the idea given my habits of destruction, but I have found, just buying really solid gear is the answer. Sigh.

Anna
I agree. I bought this as a whim. Minor curiosity. It wasn't disappointing though I must say. Banana. Menthol. Maybe someday I'll DIY this.

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
no wonder of the top recommendations reviews i've seen, only vic doesn't mention them.

the friend who turned me to pods is still using his Justfog Minifit. It's weak on the flavour but a nice device. I used one for a couple of months myself before moving on to proper MTL tanks.

I got a couple of mini fits and tried one out. Not a bad vape. But only charged 2 times then died. I’ll try the second one someday and if that fails, I’m going to have a couple spare pods to get rid of.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
I got a couple of mini fits and tried one out. Not a bad vape. But only charged 2 times then died. I’ll try the second one someday and if that fails, I’m going to have a couple spare pods to get rid of.

huh_ i guess defective?
the fella's been using the same one over a year now i think. mine still worked last time i checked. want to pass it on to someone now
btw, someitmes if you get liquid near the pod/device connections it won't fire.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't live in a big enough town to like see pods everywhere. Maybe I'm not looking right, but like, I find it sad people are tossing pods out of their cars and whatnot. That's not good.

But seriously, like in Douglas I have seen ONE vaper, and he was an adult. The kids here all seem to be into anorexia. They have developed a script too, "I am just.. I have lost my appetite! I hate how I look! I want to gain weight!"

They're such brats. I was going "OH thank God at least there is no body image distortion, maybe I won't have to hospitalize it." Then I had the distinct misfortune of getting two in one day and they KNEW each other. They hugged. Then I was like,
"Gosh, they sure aren't DRESSING as if they hate their bodies, they are wearing super tight ripped or cut jeans to show off the bones."

Then, I was like, "I hate anorexics, well I hate the DISEASE anyway, and these lying little buggers are going to receive distinctly different questions from me before I try to get the doctors to hospitalize them."

Seriously I worked at an Eating Dx Clinic back East, and it was one of the worst jobs of my life. I hated it. The seriously malnourished have NO sense of humor. None. Oh, it's also the most fatal of ALL the psychiatric disorders. I can pretty much guarantee I am probably the person with the MOST experience with ED in this town, given I am the only psych person with a Master's Degree period, let alone with experience.

Sometimes I feel guilty like, "I should set up a clinic." Only I got no time for that and I would make less money working HARDER and maybe it's just better to ship them off all off.

Better for me, anyway. It's either that or some new black tar stuff which really like WHY can it not be China White stuff I mean the black tar will kill you QUICK.

But yeah let's make it all illegal. That is the Solution.

Don't toss your pods though. Please eat but don't toss your pods.

Anna

Reactions: Coyote628

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
I don't live in a big enough town to like see pods everywhere. Maybe I'm not looking right, but like, I find it sad people are tossing pods out of their cars and whatnot. That's not good.

But seriously, like in Douglas I have seen ONE vaper, and he was an adult. The kids here all seem to be into anorexia. They have developed a script too, "I am just.. I have lost my appetite! I hate how I look! I want to gain weight!"

They're such brats. I was going "OH thank God at least there is no body image distortion, maybe I won't have to hospitalize it." Then I had the distinct misfortune of getting two in one day and they KNEW each other. They hugged. Then I was like,
"Gosh, they sure aren't DRESSING as if they hate their bodies, they are wearing super tight ripped or cut jeans to show off the bones."

Then, I was like, "I hate anorexics, well I hate the DISEASE anyway, and these lying little buggers are going to receive distinctly different questions from me before I try to get the doctors to hospitalize them."

Seriously I worked at an Eating Dx Clinic back East, and it was one of the worst jobs of my life. I hated it. The seriously malnourished have NO sense of humor. None. Oh, it's also the most fatal of ALL the psychiatric disorders. I can pretty much guarantee I am probably the person with the MOST experience with ED in this town, given I am the only psych person with a Master's Degree period, let alone with experience.

Sometimes I feel guilty like, "I should set up a clinic." Only I got no time for that and I would make less money working HARDER and maybe it's just better to ship them off all off.

Better for me, anyway. It's either that or some new black tar stuff which really like WHY can it not be China White stuff I mean the black tar will kill you QUICK.

But yeah let's make it all illegal. That is the Solution.

Don't toss your pods though. Please eat but don't toss your pods.

Anna

i think i had body image distortion when i was a teenager_ thought i was far more attractive than i really was.

you know i even asked the vapeguy if there's anyone that takes used stock coils and pods_ didn't have a formulated thought, but instictively sensed there should be some sort of recycling in PC-baby-tree-hugging germany_ i've seen vids of ppl recoiling them, wouldve thought it's a way to make extra money when you're sitting in your shop and there's no customers then offering recycled stuff or better yet, send them to the source for proper recycling... maybe unreasonable_

i havent seen much pods around my town either, just mods with the younger and pens with the older vapers

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nah you probably just had decent self-esteem. I look at my wedding pictures sometimes and I'm like "DUDE you did not appreciate that enough."

For some reason I thought it was "de rigeur" to have the husband take some naked pictures the day after the wedding. He wasn't really in the mood but I was like, "NO! This is what you HAVE to do!" So we were near some field somewhere.

He is an excellent photographer even when annoyed. I don't look at those photos, I might cry I think. LOL.

Anna

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    but their after sales is decent now ...

Try getting after sales/warranty service from them if you bought from a retailer that buys from distributors and not directly from Smok. They will tell you that it is a fake even though the security code checks out. In Smok's defense, they all do that, but it's dishonest all the same.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    novo2. Worked just fine. For about a month. Now it doesn't work. End of story.

Hard to say what the problem is since you just say "it doesn't work". But if the battery seems to be working but you just can't get a hit from it, I have seen vids on other Smok pods on how to fix that.

Basically, clean the contacts really good on both the cartridge and the mod. This seems to be especially helpful if the device is an auto draw device, like the Mico.

This has to be done regularly, especially on their auto draw pods. This causes a bad connection between the mod contacts and the pod contacts.

And the more juice you let collect on the contacts area, the more chance you have of juice getting into the auto draw sensor and will eventually kill the sensor/switch. Then you have a truly dead mod.

Pod batteries aren't anything new. They are just cigalikes and eGos with a different form factor and connector, but some do perform better. Same maintenance routines and problems still apply.

Last edited:

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    Nah you probably just had decent self-esteem. I look at my wedding pictures sometimes and I'm like "DUDE you did not appreciate that enough."

For some reason I thought it was "de rigeur" to have the husband take some naked pictures the day after the wedding. He wasn't really in the mood but I was like, "NO! This is what you HAVE to do!" So we were near some field somewhere.

He is an excellent photographer even when annoyed. I don't look at those photos, I might cry I think. LOL.

Anna

my mother actually said that abt self esteem_ that she kept up the praise on purpose so that nothing affects me as an adult. worked i guess. tricky though, might cause undesirable side-effects of over-valueing looks... thanks to a bunch of older hippie artiefarties (back when before those types acquiesced and started showering, putting make up, shaving, etc) it came to balance

i always want to make such photos, not past our prime yet. worry abt anything digital connected to net though and of course wouldn't go old school coz then you need a photoshop... i also worry i might go before i get to destroy them

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread