Disappointed in the Pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Anyone who claims all pod systems are disappointing is plainly a snowflake who can't be pleased. We are spoiled for choice. The Vladdin RE I bought of the shelf kicks my rta's ... in terms of flavor, portability, convenience, ease of use and cost of upkeep; and ties it in overall satisfaction.

Might be worded a little strong, but I get the meaning and don't really disagree with you, just maybe the wording. I think it's more common for an experienced larger mod vaper to jump into the new thing... a pod system and make a bad choice or maybe 2 and that will color their judgement going forward on all pod systems leaving them think all pods are bad.

Overall, I think the pod systems are just getting better and better as a vaping genre and there are a lot of good choices for a good vape device available now. With the understanding pods are situational devices that will not replace bigger mods for most, but rather companion devices for the right circumstances like stealth or quick out and abouts. Although there have been days when I vape the whole day on a pod and really enjoy it, but I tend to go back to bigger devices when at home at least. For new vapers I think the good pods are light years ahead of EGO batteries with CE2s that I started with, with a greater chance of success of smoking cessation. Certainly this true with a lot of new models introduced to the market within the last 6 months.

I would encourage anyone that thinks pods suck from trying one a year ago to research and maybe try some of the newer models to see how the advancement in pod tech has improved quality, flavor, longevity, and satisfaction of these little devices. But there are still a lot of truly bad devices too... just like their larger brethren.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
There truly and simply is no correct or incorrect way to vape. We are the fortunate ones, who still have the luxury of choosing what works best for each of us.

Embrace it, enjoy it, and have some fun in the process. It doesn't matter what it is, just that it is.

Like it? VAPE it. :vapor: :toast: :thumbs:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Or maybe the non pod people have found what they like, and are sticking to it.

I won a couple pods, not really so impressed, they just aren't for me. I don't deny ANYONE else the right to like, vape one and love it.

Nor do I call them a snowflake, at least, NOT UNTIL NOW, because the "reverse snowflake" is just a TYPCAL snowflake move....

LOL, I award you a million invisible participation trophies, my dear.

Nice try.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I award you a million invisible participation trophies, my dear.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capture.PNG

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Some folks don't like pods. Some do.

Now if one were to be able to see the revenue brought in by the vape industry a to z and compare the bigger devices to pods... Maybe then they would understand that convenience is what the market wants. (ECF members are but a dot on a large radar screen worldwide.)

Now expecting a pod device to produce like a big ole squonker then complain they don't is not unlike expecting a Honda Civic to fly into space. Perhaps someday they will but until then one has to understand the limitations of pods and choose accordingly.

The crowd says "we want interchangeable coils on our pods"....company C does that. The crowd shouts "it's too large"...while holding a box that fits a pair of 18650's.
Seriously?

It's a tough crowd these days. Meanwhile $16 billion later Juul says
"snot hard, snot hard at all"...

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Some folks don't like pods. Some do.

Now if one were to be able to see the revenue brought in by the vape industry a to z and compare the bigger devices to pods... Maybe then they would understand that convenience is what the market wants.

Now expecting a pod device to produce like a big ole squonker then complain they don't is not unlike expecting a Honda Civic to fly into space. Perhaps someday they will but until then one has to understand the limitations of pods and choose accordingly.

The crowd says "we want interchangeable coils on our pods"....company C does that. The crowd shouts "it's too large"...while holding a box that fits a pair of 18650's.
Seriously?

It's a tough crowd these days. Meanwhile $16 billion later Juul says
"snot hard, snot hard at all"...

Yes. That's been evident for some years now. Prior to JUUL, V2CIGS was the market leader, with sales twice what its next largest competitor was drawing. In early stages, the entry level market was/is always the place to be.

Heck - anyone who started with V2 (and many did) knew that they weren't even trying to hide the fact that their focus was much more on newcomers than existing customers. Given the number of smokers vs. vapers, theirs was a fairly easy call in that regard.

JUUL appears to have viewed V2 as their only true competition, so they bought them, then disbanded them too. They paid a LOT of money for a client list, and I have no doubt that it's paid (or is paying) itself back exactly as they had intended.

In time, vaping will be about as exciting as buying a box of Marlboros was, back in a day. But that day...

Well, Aragorn said it best, I expect. I should probably let him speak for himself.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Anyone who claims all pod systems are disappointing is plainly a snowflake who can't be pleased. We are spoiled for choice. The Vladdin RE I bought of the shelf kicks my RTA's ... in terms of flavor, portability, convenience, ease of use and cost of upkeep; and ties it in overall satisfaction.
First, I don't think anyone said that ALL pod systems are disappointing. But if they did, they wouldn't necessarily be wrong. Really though, you should go back and read @Falconeer 's post. He nailed it. Someone (not me) who exclusively enjoys an RDA with massive coils, air flow and power simply isn't going to get a satisfactory experience out of any pod I've seen. That's like someone in years past excoriating someone for smoking a pipe instead of a cigarette - "C'mon- why go to all that trouble to use those? You can save a lot of trouble using these mass produced cigarettes with inferior tobacco, including floor sweepings, with added burning paper and mysterious chemicals! If that can't satisfy you, something must be wrong with you!"

You like pods - great. Have a viewpoint, share a viewpoint. But let everyone else like what they like without (clumsy attempts at) insult. There are plenty of other places on the internet for that.

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
I didn't think I'd care for them to be honest, especially since I still remember ( and actually still have ) the cigalikes from back in the day ( 2009 to be exact ). However I found the pods that are available today to be vastly superior to those cigalikes and they have found a home in my arsenal. They can't be beat for discrete use and I also find that they are well suited for environments that I wouldn't want to take my other setups, like when I'm working on the roof of my house or digging post holes for fencing, etc. If I drop a pod off the roof ( and yes, I did that, lol ) I'm not gonna worry about it too much but I'd hate to see that happen to one of my better devices. Not to mention, they are far easier to pocket and some can even be held in the mouth like a cigarette if your hands are otherwise occupied.

For me, it's doubtful I'll ever go Full Pod ( lol ) but yeah, I use them and will continue to do so. :)

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
You know guys and gals - as an ex Mod the one thing I hate to see on any discussion is insulting words like "Snowflake" etc being tossed about; the thing is supposed to be about playing the ball, or ideally batting it about companionably even where we disagree, not playing the man, and dividing people up into "Us" and "Them" Camps.

As I see it Pods are indeed the new cigarettes - they offer portability, convenience and a nic hit when needed; maybe not great flavour, maybe not longevity but convenience. I'm sure they'll get better, I'm sure Big Terbaccy will get in on the act and they'll, in their future forms, be as popular as Marlboro or Embassy Tipped cigarettes were.

If many folk want that - fine, if that's what they want, well and good, and who is anyone else to criticise them?

That said, I think anyone has the right to offer personal criticism on a poorly performing, or badly designed or built device which does not offer what it promised ... I remember only too well the original cig-a-likes where one in five worked on a good day, the gurgling CE5s, the praised to the skies by some, original Lemo Leaker and the dripper whose name I have forgotten which ripped your hands like a mandolin grater with it's diamond shaped el sharpo vents and which wept juice regardless of what you did with it.

Mods, RBAs, RTAs and Tanks are very different beasts from Pods and they suit different folk's needs. Like with good pipes, if some folk want to buy expensive fine hand built devices and work with them a lot... then equally fine.

In my pipe smoking days, I have never called anyone who smoked a Corncob, say, a "Peasant" ; I'd have never called anyone who would only smoke a Dunhill a "Snob." So to my mind the word "Snowflake" has no place in this discussion.

The name of the game is "Different strokes for different folks!" and you can learn a lot often in this life by listening to folk who think differently to you.

Last edited:

ShrubOhm

Mar 23, 2019
Fl
I definitely have had an annoying experience with pod systems. Had to go through a few before I found one that works well and lasts a while. But I have to say, I've definitely felt a little weird on here going on about how much I love my Nord and getting responses that kind of made me feel like I'm "not a real vaper" because I'm not using a huge RDA (and a Smok product, which is so hated even though it's working better for me than any of the others I've tried). For some of us, pod systems are just a more affordable startup. I think that these starter kits are becoming so popular because people just don't have 80 to 100 dollars to plunk down on a box mod and all of the accessories needed to maintain it.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
why i love pod now, especially on the move .....
i can have three different flavor (2.8ml X3) + 10ml (extra bottle) in the size of pack cigarette ..... usb cable + power bank is already there for my mobile phone.
nord kit.jpeg

pic exclude charger.
sqounk.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread