Disappointed in the Pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I do most of my vaping with mods and RTAs and RDAs but I do have a need for a discreet vape so when the pods started coming out, I thought OH BOY!.

I started with the Vapeccino. Worked great when it worked but the pods went south after a few days and within a week of not a lot of use they tasted burnt. Pitched it after a couple months.

Got a Sourin Air. It worked great. Seemed to hit really well, good flavor and the pods lasted a while. But the Sourin Air is a cheap POS and they die after about 2 months. I went through 2 of them and my son had the same experience. Not buying any more of them.

Got talked into the smok Nord. Works great for about 3 days and then the coils start tasting burnt. I should have known. smok. Good unit with crappy coils. Can Smok make a good coil some day? Huh?

So I'm about done with the pods. I may give one more a try. Maybe. Can anybody recommend a pod that lasts, has good coils ( I prefer coils to replacing pods but am open to replacing refillable pods if they last a while.)

I don't want to keep throwing money away on crappy junk.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Pods are really a lottery.. Especially flavour. Mesh coils where the only ones which could deliver decent flavour.

About the lifetime. Depends very much on your liquid. I do use custards and my pods last max 4 days until they are gone.. On the other hand if you use drop in coils for the pods like the Nord or Artery Pal it does not matter if you change them after a few days. They are pretty affordable. Ceramic would be an option as well. But for me they do have a kind of "dry" taste.

I am happy with the mesh coils and the Artery PAL 2. Maybe try a Nord as well. But i need at least 15 to 20 Watt power for a good taste. There is a Smok Trinity coming out which has quite interesting features.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
@Vapemesilly I totally agree with you on the pods. I just went through about 6 months playing with a bunch of pod systems and have given up on them. Even the Orion DNA Go was a major let down. The only pod I still use is the Flint but that is purely for stealth vaping with 40mg or higher. Hard to get good flavor/TH and not have a big cloud. My current pocket vape is a Swag with a Wasp Nano RTA.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
i using nord with KILO and naked 100 juice (1.4 coil), both work pretty well, i can't said it better than my squonk but at least 70% in vapor, flavor .... now i use mod only when i at home, in office, meal, sport and any activity out door, i use pods.
if pod keep on improve, i think i will drop mod and 100 % replace with pods.

Reactions: Racehorse

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Got talked into the Smok Nord. Works great for about 3 days and then the coils start tasting burnt. I should have known. Smok. Good unit with crappy coils. Can Smok make a good coil some day? Huh?
actually pods for rolo badge are amazing... i do love that pod, nord, is just a big piece of crap, with a fire bottom ...

So I'm about done with the pods. I may give one more a try. Maybe. Can anybody recommend a pod that lasts, has good coils ( I prefer coils to replacing pods but am open to replacing refillable pods if they last a while.)
well, tesla tpod have ceramic pods, amazing flavor, long lasting duration, i use mine every day, pods lasts 3 weeks using it 75% of the day... im hitting it as soon i remember i have it around, i like a lot suorin drop and air, pods for both lastme a while i use them a bit less compared to tesla tpod,

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I do most of my vaping with mods and RTAs and RDAs but I do have a need for a discreet vape so when the pods started coming out, I thought OH BOY!.

Hmmh, not sure to respond really :) IMO pods are a bit like the original ego and clearomiseur in that they started tasting funny in just a few days.

I was sent/won a vladdin RE and a Rota by Voopoo and like you most of my vaping is done on my boxes, tubes and rda's/tanks DL. I use the pods for stealth and through the day in between my norms. The vladdin re I have had for 4 weeks and the pod is still going strong. The flavour is ok but not stellar. The rota i've had for even longer and that's the same I still haven't changed the pod.

The pods for the vladdin are pretty cheap as are the rota but the vladdin pods seem more available.

So is this a recommendation....? I suppose so although I could have been just lucky :)

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
If you're looking for pods with a good life check out the Minifit. Easily can get 10 refills out of one pod and the pods can easily be rewicked and the coils can be replaced too. My Minifit has been running strong for the last 7 months (surprised I haven't lost it yet since it's so dang small).

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
If you're looking for pods with a good life check out the Minifit. Easily can get 10 refills out of one pod and the pods can easily be rewicked and the coils can be replaced too. My Minifit has been running strong for the last 7 months (surprised I haven't lost it yet since it's so dang small).
u can't please everyone, later they going to complaint, low flavor, low batt and have Button ....

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I use primarily RTA's too, and only want pods for fill-in, portable convenience.

I've tried Vaporesso Zero (drawfire mechanism not sensitive enough), VooPoo Rota (defective off the bat), Smok Infinix (died after a few weeks), HCigar Akso (favorite, AWESOME juice in prefilled pods, but now can't find them anywhere), Juul (not a very substantial hit), and Nord (too airy), and Orion Q (too hot, expensive pods). So far, the best hitting, and by far longest lasting pod is the Innokin EQ. No leaks, hits about as good as most rta's, no issues. Several refills on a pod with NET/all VG, which is nothing short of amazing- especially since I'm picky and usually rebuild rta's after 8-10ml. Easily the best pod I've used, overall.

But I'm still looking for a good one that has draw firing.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I use primarily RTA's too, and only want pods for fill-in, portable convenience.

I've tried Vaporesso Zero (drawfire mechanism not sensitive enough), VooPoo Rota (defective off the bat), Smok Infinix (died after a few weeks), HCigar Akso (favorite, AWESOME juice in prefilled pods, but now can't find them anywhere), Juul (not a very substantial hit), and Nord (too airy), and Orion Q (too hot, expensive pods). So far, the best hitting, and by far longest lasting pod is the Innokin EQ. No leaks, hits about as good as most rta's, no issues. Several refills on a pod with NET/all VG, which is nothing short of amazing- especially since I'm picky and usually rebuild rta's after 8-10ml. Easily the best pod I've used, overall.

But I'm still looking for a good one that has draw firing.

I think many get a Pod system with the expectation that it will replace a full size mod in every way, which it really won't so you have it right @Brewdawg1181 . It's a situational device for out and about or just casual vaping. When at home or in a place that you can enjoy a more powerful rig I probably wouldn't use the pod system. But for out and about, heck yeah... pods are great if you find one you can get along with and has good flavor.

Pods have totally change the way I vape and love them while driving and stealth scenarios, but really is an adjunct to my bigger devices rather than a replacement.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I think many get a Pod system with the expectation that it will replace a full size mod in every way, which it really won't so you have it right @Brewdawg1181 . It's a situational device for out and about or just casual vaping. When at home or in a place that you can enjoy a more powerful rig I probably wouldn't use the pod system. But for out and about, heck yeah... pods are great if you find one you can get along with and has good flavor.

Pods have totally change the way I vape and love them while driving and stealth scenarios, but really is an adjunct to my bigger devices rather than a replacement.

I have no expectation that a pod will replace my full size vape. It's not about that at all. I use them sparingly. But I still expect them to be well made and last a while. When I use a pod sparingly and it completely dies within 2 months that's not acceptable. If a coil lasts me 3 days, that's not acceptable.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018

Now me on 3 day business trips, previously I need to carry mod, battery, charger, spare coil, cotton tools and juices.
Now I carry two pods set + 1 extra spare with new coil + 2 bottle 10ml, for fail safe backup, size is much smaller than my 21700 charger alone n no time waste for thing go wrong ....

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018

I started with the Vapeccino. Worked great when it worked but the pods went south after a few days and within a week of not a lot of use they tasted burnt. Pitched it after a couple months.

Got a Sourin Air. It worked great. Seemed to hit really well, good flavor and the pods lasted a while. But the Sourin Air is a cheap POS and they die after about 2 months. I went through 2 of them and my son had the same experience. Not buying any more of them.

Got talked into the Smok Nord. Works great for about 3 days and then the coils start tasting burnt. I should have known. Smok. Good unit with crappy coils. Can Smok make a good coil some day? Huh?

I've got my eye on the new DNA Go devices that are smaller than the Orion. I'm hoping they will be better for MTL vaping. Two have been posted in the Orion topic... Avatar Soul and Avatar Jazz... but I haven't seen them in stores yet.

The Dvarw 16 is as small as some pods. Put it on a tiny regulated device... maybe the Vaporesso Target Mini or something similar.

Here's a photo of the Dvarw 16 next to an Aspire Breeze and a Myblu for size comparison.
dvarw16.jpg

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Are there more on the market. Did not find anything, yet. Does Evolve sell them already as boards?
Keep fingers crossed that smoktech trinity will deliver a piece of software :)

This company makes the 2 that were posted in the Orion topic: AVATAR VAPING

I haven't seen them for sale anywhere yet.

agency-work-06.jpg
agency-work-13.jpg

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I vape mostly unflavored. That said, I can use a Minifit, SMOK Novo, whatever and get WEEKS from a coil. This is using it as a daily device.

I only use pod systems with unflavored juice these days. My pods last forever, and if I'm going to vape flavored juice, I want to taste it.

What works well for me as a discrete vape is a VV Simple EX, or a Squeeze OG. With the Squeeze OG, I can build a high resistance coil, and get an entire day of vaping from a single bottle of juice and an LG HG2. I could probably get a few days from that battery. Hard to beat, and I don't mind flavored juice since I can just rewick/clean the coil.

I do still use my Minifits, Novos, etc, but only when I travel. Hard to beat the size, and with unflavored juice, I can get an entire trip usually without having to replace the pod. I carry a backup Minifit/Novo with me in case my battery dies, a spare pod, and a small bottle of juice. I'm set.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I'm an aged Historian; before WW1 most folk smoked tobacco in pipes, often clays. Came the War, trenches etc, cigarettes came to the fore because they were cheap, portable and gave a quick hit.

Cigarettes were easy to use and ruled the day for oh so many years thereafter.

Frankly Pods are the new cigarettes IMHO ... Mods and Tanks or RDAs are the pipes.

Big Tobacco will buy out the Pods in the future, IMHO, having failed with their "heat not burn" stuff ... as you got a better smoke out of a pipe, you will get a better vape out of a Mod and Tank/Rda....but as with a pipe you will have to work to get the best out of it.

Just my tuppence worth...

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
I'm an aged Historian; before WW1 most folk smoked tobacco in pipes, often clays. Came the War, trenches etc, cigarettes came to the fore because they were cheap, portable and gave a quick hit.

Cigarettes were easy to use and ruled the day for oh so many years thereafter.

Frankly Pods are the new cigarettes IMHO ... Mods and Tanks or RDAs are the pipes.

Big Tobacco will buy out the Pods in the future, IMHO, having failed with their "heat not burn" stuff ... as you got a better smoke out of a pipe, you will get a better vape out of a Mod and Tank/Rda....but as with a pipe you will have to work to get the best out of it.

Just my tuppence worth...
Great comparison. Totally agree with it. I'm a Historian, too.

Mostly of the time I vape using RTA, like everyone here. But for almost two months now I'm using an Aspire Breeze 2 for out and stealth vape and, actually, I enjoy it a lot. Good flavour, good battery, very good coil lifetime. Actually, I can use a single coil for 5-6 refills without lost any vapor or flavour. I thing it would be the perfect gadget for the OP, based on what he said about his past experiences. Waiting for an Orion DNA for next few days, expecting and even better pod experience. But I'm not planning to abandon the Breeze 2 early, at least.

Enviado de meu ONEPLUS A6013 usando o Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread