Smok xPro M50 Mini Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

3alouka

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Alexandria, Egypt
Mine does that too and I've seen others report the same. I think the battery meter just isn't calibrated properly.

Will that also mean that when the mod indicates that the battery is fully charged, it's not really fully charged? I'm sorry but i don't have a separate charger to check it, i'm only using the mod's usb charging.

kylroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
North Idaho
Will that also mean that when the mod indicates that the battery is fully charged, it's not really fully charged? I'm sorry but i don't have a separate charger to check it, i'm only using the mod's usb charging.
Mine does the same, 65 watt version. I am not sure if the battery fully charfes or not, or if the battery is not actually discharging fully?

Oh, new Samsung 25r in mine as well.

k0shi

Jan 13, 2015
just a update for everyone. I sent my bt50 out to mad vapes on 2/2 and it is now back to me on 2/7 but it never reached them. I watched the tracking and it went all the way from LV to NC but then gave me a alert that it was being sent back to me. I have to call them on monday because they are closed on the weekends apparently and i need figure out why it was sent back to me before they even received it.

k0shi

Jan 13, 2015
Did you leave your battery in it? I know that USPS will not let you ship laptop batteries. They turned me down and said good luck shipping anywhere...Just a thought!

Nope no battery was in it. This is what the box said when I got it from the mailbox today
82e8aff5ae43248d624f2bad8b23763f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3alouka

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Alexandria, Egypt
Isn't that safety feature to extend your battery life?

I didn't think of that, that's very possible. So, this might be a safety feature for low battery voltage. But isn't it a bit high at 28%?
EDIT: Come to think about it, it has nothing to do with percentage, it's all about the battery output voltage at 28%. This must be somewhere between 3.5-3.7V???

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Nope no battery was in it. This is what the box said when I got it from the mailbox today
82e8aff5ae43248d624f2bad8b23763f.jpg

Looks to me like you tried to use First Class postage on a Priority Mail package. That won't work. Pretty sure that if you pack an item in Priority Mail packaging, you must pay for Priority Mail postage.

Last edited:

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
I just wanted to give an update after using this device for over a month.

I still like the form factor of the X-Pro however......

- The battery door is the worst design ever.

- If you're going to make us use a USB to recharge than you should have had pass-through on this device from the start.

- The fire button is hit and miss.

- The device sometimes won't fire and I'll have to press the button a couple times.

- It reads coil resistance all over the place. Sometimes my coil will be .5 ohms and other times it will be 1.5 ohms.

- It will drop the wattage on me whenever it feels like it.

- Lastly, it burned the hell out of my throat. If you wondering how then just read my previous post.

k0shi

Jan 13, 2015
Looks to me like you tried to use First Class postage on a Priority Mail package. That won't work. Pretty sure that if you pack an item in Priority Mail packaging, you must pay for Priority Mail postage.

I think you're right I don't mail things out very often so that explains it lol, I thought first class cost more then priority so it wouldn't matter what box I put it in lol. I'll have to send it out again I fail lol

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Got this device after my iStick died, and I swear to never purchase anything with a build-in batteries no more.
now I'm looking for a long lasting battery. Will Efest IMR18650 3100mAh (Purple) performs well (giving extra time while still reaching the mythical 65W)?

That 3100mah battery is in reality a 10A continuous/20A pulse cell. It works reasonably well at 10A: Test of Efest IMR18650 3100mAh (Purple) 2014

For a 50w device you'll find that the recommended cells are the Samsung 25R, LG HE2 or HE4, and the Sony VTC4s that are still available. The actual performance of the Efest 3100mah is worse than these cells...mah ratings don't tell the whole story. You also need to look at how quickly a cell drops its voltage at a given amp rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread