Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
how in the world do you run a 1.5 dual at 5.7 without it melting your tip or draining your battery with one draw? I run 1.5 at 4.5V and the cart gets nice and hot after 4 good draws. Your watts would have to be over 21

Dual coils are twice the resistance per coil remember though, so while it appears to be over 21 watts total, it's actually only about 10+ watts per coil, which is 10+ watts total. (Remember, heat+heat does not equal 2heat, it equals heat. Think of putting two lit matches together. You don't get twice the heat, just twice as big a flame. Likewise, dual coils don't put out twice the heat, just twice as much vapor.) I'm also running the duals on my EVO, which uses a PWM regulator that significantly extends battery life.

Led Hendriani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Northern California
Update on CCV 15 pc. 1.7ohm Carto meal deal :)

After 5 days I took off the cone of my ePower 18650 since the hit is getting a little harder. This is what I normally do with the others too (although usually I get the week out of them if they are not problematic)

They do have a nice warm hit that can get hotter if I continue at it.

I like them! I am going to mix another batch of TFA Chai Tea after this last top off and will see if that will have it hitting better since usually this mix does clean things up a bit in any atty I run it in...

Mixing right now... :)

Led Hendriani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Northern California
24 hrs later...

Worked better, but getting very hot and almost burns when hit harder at the end of the 24 hrs. I tried to run extra juice so that the gunk would drip out and even blew a little out and it still is doing this for me.

I got 6 days out of my first one. I did go through 3 different flavors in those days, and usually try to keep only one flavor til the atty or carto is no good anymore to avoid flavors mixing and creating any kind of clogging issues...

Next I will boil (something I could not do with the SS with black tape on it since I did not want to be vaping any residual glue from the tape)
:)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
So Im running the 2.5 dc at 6 volts on a provari, just not to happy with it....they are getting way to hot which I like a warm vape but the cartos itself is way to hot and the vapor production is low, not sure if going higher would help it would just seem to burn them really hot then.

If you have or upgraded to the V2, try the 1.5ohms at around 4.5-5V. Higher amp draw but I find the results highly satisfying. I just couldn't get much satisfaction out of the higher resistance duals on the ProVari at all.

ghostry4

Moved On
Mar 27, 2012
NA
I have the 1.5s now and more 2.0s on order, I have the mini so looking to what can make the best batt life...but I agree the 1.5s at around 4.5v is such a sweet spot, the battery life seems to be holding up not bad around 4 hours maybe a little less and im a heavy vapor. I had some 2.0s but I think they where labeld wrong they tested at 1.7 and and burning if I turned them up to 5V which a 2.0 should go to 5V without burning. I take that back, im vaping whats suppose to be a 2.0 right now but its reading 1.6 I have it turned up to 5V with no error and getting error over 5V and its a huge fog maker, , so If i can get this much out of a 2.0 with good battery life I will be set. By ohms calculator 3.0 at 6V would be the best option for battery life and holding true to power but the 3.0s just cant seem to do it but will do more testeing with different juice I would like to see the 3.0s come out ahead.

If you have or upgraded to the V2, try the 1.5ohms at around 4.5-5V. Higher amp draw but I find the results highly satisfying. I just couldn't get much satisfaction out of the higher resistance duals on the ProVari at all.

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I have the 1.5s now and more 2.0s on order, I have the mini so looking to what can make the best batt life...but I agree the 1.5s at around 4.5v is such a sweet spot, the battery life seems to be holding up not bad around 4 hours maybe a little less and im a heavy vapor. I had some 2.0s but I think they where labeld wrong they tested at 1.7 and and burning if I turned them up to 5V which a 2.0 should go to 5V without burning. I take that back, im vaping whats suppose to be a 2.0 right now but its reading 1.6 I have it turned up to 5V with no error and getting error over 5V and its a huge fog maker, , so If i can get this much out of a 2.0 with good battery life I will be set. By ohms calculator 3.0 at 6V would be the best option for battery life and holding true to power but the 3.0s just cant seem to do it but will do more testeing with different juice I would like to see the 3.0s come out ahead.

Problem is, with a 3.0ohm dual coil at 6V, you're only getting 6W of output from each coil. That's not bad, but my sweet spot is around 8-9W, so I need to get closer to 2ohms to reach that point.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
so where do you get the ice cold 3.0s?

A 3.0ohm dual coil is two 6ohm coils in parallel, just as a 1.5ohm dual is two 3.0ohm coils in parallel. Double the coils means double the surface area to vaporize juice on, so more vapor. However, that doesn't mean you're getting more heat, as heat + heat =/= 2heat (in an open system). It's like sticking two lit matches together. Doing so doesn't make the flame twice as hot, just twice as big. Two coils don't make twice the heat, just twice the vapor.

I break it all down in my review here:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Im not happy with the 2.0s and 2.5s on a Proivari mini, looks like Ill just take the battery loss and stick with the 1.5s. :vapor:

You should be able to run 2.0s at 6V to get 9W per coil at a cost of 3A current draw. Conversely even a 1.5 at 5V is slightly less but more expensive on the battery.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Let me ask you all a question. I started using 1.25 ohm dual coil Smoktech cartos when I had a 3.7V Kgo. Once I switched to variable voltage, I tried to use all kinds of other cartomizers, but none compared to the 1.25 dual coils.

I have tried Boge 2.0, 3.0, 1.7 single coil, 1.50 ohm Dual Coils, nothing gives me the warmth and the tight pull like the 1.25's. But in order to use them on a VV, I have to keep the voltage pretty low, generally below 4 volts.

Am I wasting the dual coils here? Is there anything else I can use that will give me the same tight pull and warmth? The Boge just seem too airy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread