Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Let me ask you all a question. I started using 1.25 ohm dual coil Smoktech cartos when I had a 3.7V Kgo. Once I switched to variable voltage, I tried to use all kinds of other cartomizers, but none compared to the 1.25 dual coils.

I have tried Boge 2.0, 3.0, 1.7 single coil, 1.50 ohm Dual coils, nothing gives me the warmth and the tight pull like the 1.25's. But in order to use them on a VV, I have to keep the voltage pretty low, generally below 4 volts.

Am I wasting the dual coils here? Is there anything else I can use that will give me the same tight pull and warmth? The Boge just seem too airy.

I don't know about the tight pull, but to really get warmth, you'll need a VV device that can handle more than 2.5A output. Something like the ProVari v2, EVO, forthcoming SmokTech VMax, Buzz/Infinity Pro, or a stacked mechanical mod that takes a pair of 3V batteries (use with 1.5 or 2.0ohm duals). That will push the dual coils to levels where the vape is nice and warm. I personally use the EVO at medium (4.7V) with 1.5ohm dual coils, and when my ProVari gets back from being upgraded I'll probably use that at around 4.5-5V.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I've tried a bunch of voltages with different cartos but keep coming back to a 1.5 ohm dcc with an AW IMR 3.7 volt being my sweet spot. Heat, draw and flavor are just what I like. All the new choices keep me interested but I always come back to that combo, so I finally bought 50. Now it's time to thin the herd!

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
24 hrs later...

Worked better, but getting very hot and almost burns when hit harder at the end of the 24 hrs. I tried to run extra juice so that the gunk would drip out and even blew a little out and it still is doing this for me.

I got 6 days out of my first one. I did go through 3 different flavors in those days, and usually try to keep only one flavor til the atty or carto is no good anymore to avoid flavors mixing and creating any kind of clogging issues...

Next I will boil (something I could not do with the SS with black tape on it since I did not want to be vaping any residual glue from the tape)
:)

Oh...if I boil mine the glue will melt? Oops I do that a lot. :confused:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I just chunk them in the trash when they go bad, lol. Still more cost effective then playin dice with atty life. Drop 10 bucks on an atty to have it die in 1 day... that will make yah mad. Spend $2 bucks on an atty straight from china and it lasts 4 months. You never know, but at least with a cheap carto you are not loosing much, even if it is DOA.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
Im using the Provari Mini and with 1.5s at 5.0V they jsut seem to get way to hot and do not perform as well....it seems anything above the 4.6V they seem to just crap out but yet they seem to do way better than the 2.0s and 2.5s on any voltage.

I don't know about the tight pull, but to really get warmth, you'll need a VV device that can handle more than 2.5A output. Something like the ProVari v2, EVO, forthcoming SmokTech VMax, Buzz/Infinity Pro, or a stacked mechanical mod that takes a pair of 3V batteries (use with 1.5 or 2.0ohm duals). That will push the dual coils to levels where the vape is nice and warm. I personally use the EVO at medium (4.7V) with 1.5ohm dual coils, and when my ProVari gets back from being upgraded I'll probably use that at around 4.5-5V.

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Im using the Provari Mini and with 1.5s at 5.0V they jsut seem to get way to hot and do not perform as well....it seems anything above the 4.6V they seem to just crap out but yet they seem to do way better than the 2.0s and 2.5s on any voltage.

That may be that particular carto or batch of itself though. SmokTech's QC has been pretty shoddy of late, and I currently have several packs of DCT cartos that are all over the place; some don't wick properly and burn, particularly at high voltage, some wick too well (not enough filler) and flood, some work fine but clog up after only a couple of days even using the same juice I got a week and a half out of previously ... it's just a mess. SMK really need to get back on the ball.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I love 'em - you could swap or PIF them and just disclose that they seem to be bad batches. I'm still thinking there's a reason they tasted bad - was it a burning flavor, an off flavor or what? Maybe there's a solution so your money wasn't wasted. Hard to return them I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread