SMOKtech GotVapes Hyper SRT Rebuildable Tank Atomizer Available NOW - Coil & Wick in 4 ohm Choices From 1.7 to 5.0ohms Also Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
There are two posts, one in the center and one just to the side... on the top of each is a phillips head screw that you loosen... the ends of the coil go in under the head of each of the screw/washer and then are tighten down...

Don't completely wrap the wire around the screws... you only want to make a U around them and do not cross the wires over themselves or when you tighten down the screws the wires may pinch and break off. Cut off the excess wire that isn't needed when tighted down completely

bombtrack311

Apr 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
There are two posts, one in the center and one just to the side... on the top of each is a phillips head screw that you loosen... the ends of the coil go in under the head of each of the screw/washer and then are tighten down...

Don't completely wrap the wire around the screws... you only want to make a U around them and do not cross the wires over themselves or when you tighten down the screws the wires may pinch and break off. Cut off the excess wire that isn't needed when tighted down completely

I appreciate your response, or but still managed to break my last replacement coil... I already had it all bent out of shape from trying to wrap it around every possible way. Is the largest copper colored thing under one of the screws a washer.? I know the small thing on the small screw is a washer, but but need to know whether to put it above or below the large one... I suppose I will try to order some more... Is there any way tank as good as this one that is more idiot proof?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
This tank is for advanced users... which is why it was under the advanced category and is described as such even in the first post of this thread... I wouldn't give up on this one as it is still relatively simple once you've done it a time or two.

The Vivi Nova tanks are still modular and perhaps more to your skill level at this time.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Hmmmm....complete set on its way to you : P
Uhmmm Dannos ?
animated-smileys-embarrassed-55.gif
Is dat what dis means ? ....GotVapes.com has sent you a package!
daniel to you....
fill-mdr.gif
I seen dis when I checked my emails dis morning
cheveux-dresse.gif
Then I was like
thumb_wub4-1.gif
OMG, Danno is my Hero !
dh5n5f.gif

This I got to see. :lol:
thumb_blink-1.gif
If dat is the pkg coming here
thumb_laugh.gif
you gonna see sumptin alrights
fille-lol.gif

I've finally joined the SRT-user's club ;) ...and shiny!
:laugh::laugh: Yes it is :laugh::laugh: Don't stand out in da sun with it :unsure:

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Just to pass off a good deal and seen other people getting far worse deals, here is my passing it forward :
100 ft of Kanthal wire for $9.95 plus s/h I ordered a roll last week. They only offer first class shipping, but for that price I can wait.

Danny
Best advise is for ppl to look around the net for Kanthal A-1 Wire, 32 Gauge a quick search of ebay netted me 75 ft for 4.99 free shipping....:2c:
We will not be dropping another venders links on this sub forum. let alone one not registered to ECF as a suppler. Thank you.

Last edited:

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Best advise is for ppl to look around the net for Kanthal A-1 Wire, 32 Gauge a quick search of ebay netted me 75 ft for 4.99 free shipping....:2c:
We will not be dropping another venders links on this sub forum. let alone one not registered to ECF as a suppler. Thank you.

Well im not an ebay user, been screwed over one too many times, i feel safer using amazon, and if i got ripped off so be it. There are so many variations of kanthal, Nichrome, and stainless steel that even with reading the various, LONG, threads about wire, wick, stainless steel mesh vs pads etc i still felt lost as to what to purchase.

So i for one apologize for coming to the forum that has been so helpfull in the past and being dismissed, esp since the place where i make, literally, ALL my hardware and a lot of my juice purchases from doesnt carry what im looking for.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Well im not an ebay user, been screwed over one too many times, i feel safer using amazon, and if i got ripped off so be it. There are so many variations of kanthal, Nichrome, and stainless steel that even with reading the various, LONG, threads about wire, wick, stainless steel mesh vs pads etc i still felt lost as to what to purchase.

So i for one apologize for coming to the forum that has been so helpfull in the past and being dismissed, esp since the place where i make, literally, ALL my hardware and a lot of my juice purchases from doesnt carry what im looking for.
Sorry if I offended you, helping out is always a good thing. But there is a better place to drop your link.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals.html thread was designed just for that. :D

IrishTexan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Austin Texas
rd, I appreciate your sentiment, however there are those of us who have been vaping awhile and are interested in becoming more advanced. The only way to do that is to jump in, get these items, and then get the wonderful advanced users here to help us learn. I have not bought one yet but am very interested and have been reading all I can before doing so. When I do make the plunge, I am sure I will need some help with my learning curve from you and others on here that know more about these things than I do.

This tank is for advanced users... which is why it was under the advanced category and is described as such even in the first post of this thread... I wouldn't give up on this one as it is still relatively simple once you've done it a time or two.

The Vivi Nova tanks are still modular and perhaps more to your skill level at this time.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Sorry if I offended you, helping out is always a good thing. But there is a better place to drop your link.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals.html thread was designed just for that. :D

Lol you didnt offend me adrena. I dont go "out" of this forum a whole lot mainly cause the people here are generally drama free and friendly as well as being very helpful and open with mods they are doing to their gotvapes purchases. This forum, gotvapes, is probably the most new and inexperienced friendly subforum ive found with extremely little of the elitism i see on other subforums.

I just dont want this subforum to go that way even with an advanced piece like the SRT or Bulli, of which i got two.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Btw if danno and chris would stock the kanthol/nichrome and SS mesh i would be MORE than happy to buy from them at a mark up, my amazon purchase proves im a reliabilty purchaser rather than bottom line.

I use amazon a LOT simply cause they are dependable and have always done well by me on messed up orders. This is a big plus to me as im overseas often and move a lot due to the military.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I agree that a user interested in learning a bit more should jump in when they feel they are ready... As I stated, the Hyper SRT is a simple one to start with so I certainly didn't want to discourage anyone on that note and yet at the same time wanted to provide another possible alternate someone could use until they got the hang of it...

rd, I appreciate your sentiment, however there are those of us who have been vaping awhile and are interested in becoming more advanced. The only way to do that is to jump in, get these items, and then get the wonderful advanced users here to help us learn. I have not bought one yet but am very interested and have been reading all I can before doing so. When I do make the plunge, I am sure I will need some help with my learning curve from you and others on here that know more about these things than I do.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Yes monkey brassieres in 9 colors : )

Uhmmm Dannos ?
animated-smileys-embarrassed-55.gif
Is dat what dis means ? ....GotVapes.com has sent you a package!
daniel to you....
fill-mdr.gif
I seen dis when I checked my emails dis morning
cheveux-dresse.gif
Then I was like
thumb_wub4-1.gif
OMG, Danno is my Hero !
dh5n5f.gif

thumb_blink-1.gif
If dat is the pkg coming here
thumb_laugh.gif
you gonna see sumptin alrights
fille-lol.gif

:laugh::laugh: Yes it is :laugh::laugh: Don't stand out in da sun with it :unsure:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread