Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaiian Nate

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Wisconsin
Well sold out in less than a day hahah sorry bub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The market is flooded with copper mods these days. I like the conductivity, but hate the maintenance, smelly hands and soft metal always being over tightened. Guess I'll just keep checking back on their site like a "fan boy". #notaclone=notavailable lol.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I love me some copper, but like you I am getting to the point where im really sick of the upkeep and constant polishing crap. I think JDtech got it right with the stingray X, stainless steel on the outside with copper inside and threads, all of the benefits with none of the drawbacks, well minimal drawbacks at least lol. If there were more mods on the market like that, I think it would draw such a bigger crowd.

BIGJ541

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
EUGENE OREGON >> GO DUCKS!!
They are a legit dealer in general I got my Zenith V2 from them so I can't see them selling a knock as a authentic I was very pleased with their service

EDIT I DID JUST SEE ON Epic studios FB page that PUFF PUFF IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE A AUTHENTIC SMPL DEALER but they did say they were sent to them so im sure they are legit SMPL but its up to the buyer to make that decision https://www.facebook.com/pages/Epic-Design-Studios/130702972135.
does anyone know if the ones in stock on puffpuffvapelv.com are legit authentics? I'm just a lil wary after hearing all the confusion about authorized dealers and stuff. thanks!

Last edited:

BIGJ541

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
OMG!!! I love this Mod I have not been this stoked about a Mod since maybe my first Authentic witch was a Vanilla but I love the SMPL. I had my concerns with no delrin in the switch or top cap but everything fits so tightly and perfect together I have had no problems. I also was bummed there was no magnet in the switch but to tell you the truth whatever is in the switch is perfect. I have yet to pull the switch about to see how it works. I want to go to Harbor freight and grab some c clamp pliers before I start messing with it maybe some extra c lamps. I have yet to have it miss fire or anything wonky. All and all I'am so happy with this mod I want a 2nd but instead I talked a friend into it so i'm helping him track one down or whatever they restock again. I would recommend this mod to anyone fore sure. I haven't tried any super sub ohm builds like .1 and below because I do not want to mess the spring in the switch up at all.

PS I didn't know how to make the pics smaller oh well...:)
pgJrtAz.jpg

dqPkur9.jpg

yQ6zjPx.jpg

hr82xzp.jpg

BIGJ541

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
My button wasn't working so well. It Was a bit temperamental where I fired. Replaced the stiff spring with a neme spring and all is fantastic now.
Did you take a pick of the switch took apart? I just want to see what it looks like. Im surprised you had problems with the switch mine is perfect. I did see on their FB they have a limited warranty.

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
Did you take a pick of the switch took apart? I just want to see what it looks like. Im surprised you had problems with the switch mine is perfect. I did see on their FB they have a limited warranty.
No pic taken. It was like it was binding a tad. I also did a light sanding but was so little I doubt it had any affect. I think the spring swap did the trick for me. Butter smooth now. Even if one has no slight binding, I bet the spring swap makes it even smoother, that spring was a stiff one for sure.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
You'll need snap-ring pliers to disassemble the switch...not c-clamp, there is no such thing as c-clamp pliers, and I've read a few posts regarding a sticky switch in a few cases, once disassembled, cleaned and checked for any burrs, if you do find any rough areas polish these areas with a good metal polish and it should perform well.

Last edited:

nynvolt

Aug 2, 2014
Placentia, CA, USA
You can pop it apart with a small screw driver and patients. It's a nice switch design with milled lobes to prevent spinning. Binding may be due to a small ding or flat spot in the thinnest portion of the button. It's where the milled out section leaves about 1/16" of very thin lip, the outside of which is threaded making it vulnerable. The rest of the switch is pretty robust. Mine froze after a short drop and after examining it, it's gotten out of round just enough to bind. It threads in smoothly but the tolerances are nice and tight in there.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I haven't tried any super sub ohm builds like .1 and below because I do not want to mess the spring in the switch up at all.
Don't be afraid to let it eat!!! I've been running mine at .15 ohms since day one and it's chugging through it like a champ. Spring feels just as good as it did when I opened the package and I've been through at least 6 full-charged VTC5's at .15 ohms. The conductivity doesn't run through the spring because the switch is designed well, it goes through the switch metal itself instead.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I'd be careful and wear some glasses if you remove a snap-ring in the fasion you described, they can get away from you very easily.

You can pop it apart with a small screw driver and patients. It's a nice switch design with milled lobes to prevent spinning. Binding may be due to a small ding or flat spot in the thinnest portion of the button. It's where the milled out section leaves about 1/16" of very thin lip, the outside of which is threaded making it vulnerable. The rest of the switch is pretty robust. Mine froze after a short drop and after examining it, it's gotten out of round just enough to bind. It threads in smoothly but the tolerances are nice and tight in there.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
If anyone is interested in what size snap ring pliers I talked to epic designs and they said they use Imperial brand IR-380s.
.038" tip diameter on the IR-380's as seen here: Imperial IR-380S

However, Knipex #4611A0 has a .035" tip diameter which would also work very well. Knipex 46 11 A0

Edit: From my own experiences, I'd choose the Knipex just because I own about a dozen of their other plier type products and they're all top-notch.

Last edited:

captmarc

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Ridgefield, CT
OMG!!! I love this Mod I have not been this stoked about a Mod since maybe my first Authentic witch was a Vanilla but I love the SMPL. I had my concerns with no delrin in the switch or top cap but everything fits so tightly and perfect together I have had no problems. I also was bummed there was no magnet in the switch but to tell you the truth whatever is in the switch is perfect. I have yet to pull the switch about to see how it works. I want to go to Harbor freight and grab some c clamp pliers before I start messing with it maybe some extra c lamps. I have yet to have it miss fire or anything wonky. All and all I'am so happy with this mod I want a 2nd but instead I talked a friend into it so i'm helping him track one down or whatever they restock again. I would recommend this mod to anyone fore sure. I haven't tried any super sub ohm builds like .1 and below because I do not want to mess the spring in the switch up at all.

PS I didn't know how to make the pics smaller oh well...:)

Totally Agree, best mod out there, period. Enjoy the simplicity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread