So, if this new bill passes... How long do we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
My :2c:; It all sucks!! vaping and all of its components ARE NOT tobacco products. Even the Forrest Gump's of the world could tell you that. We all know that, but the tribal council in DC is putting on the blinders because big tobacco has the politicians in their pocket. I'm very surprised that our beloved president (tongue-in-cheek) hasn't done anything to quell this tide of inconsistency with the findings and rulings seeing as he is a known chain smoker. Maybe he should start vaping. Might do us some good. I hope all of this rhetoric is for naught because, as I see it vaping is saving a lot of lives and health issues. Does anyone have a web link where we could voice our opinions? I would love to set my email to send a message every hour on the hour and fill their mailboxes with reason why they should reconsider.
:-x

http://cqrcengage.com/casaa/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=101154

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So, if okay to sell right now, but not okay to sell say Dec. 1st, then I asked you directly what would happen with property you own. Is it, kicked out that day and lease torn up? ...

Nothing Happens.

I still own the Property and the Buildings. And I still the holder of a Valid lease. Why would the Lease be Torn Up?

No One gets Kicked Out. They still have to Pay me at the End of the Month for the Remainder of the Lease. They just Can't sell e-Liquids from that building.

Or is it, kicked out within 30 days because of the new classification and time to get affairs in order?

No One gets Kicked Out. They still have to Pay me at the End of the Month for the Remainder of the Lease. They just Can't sell e-Liquids from that building.

Or is it kicked out at end of lease?

At the End of the Lease, then I would have the Option to offer them a New Lease at the Same/Lower/Higher Cost. If they Except the Terms of the New Lease, then Nothing Happens. They still can't sell Tobacco Products.

If they Don't want to sign a New Lease, well, then Out they Go.

Or I might Choose to Not lease the Building they are in. So Out they would Go.

Two of these options assume that tobacco sales will occur on the property. One of them does not. The one that does not would seem to possibly violate general contract laws for leases. I went with the middle option because I'm thinking it is most reasonable, but also shows there would be lag time on what is otherwise a fairly strict policy. And under that option, tobacco products would be sold on the premises.

Your Options are All Flawed. Because your Thinking is not Based on Contracts. It is Based on being "reasonable".

It's like saying that if you Lost your Job Tomorrow (your source of Income), does your Landlord Tear Up your Lease and Kick you Out?

No. They Don't. Do They.

Your Landlord Doesn't Care if you Lost your Job. All they care about is that you Pay your Rent at the End of the Month. And you are Still Bound by the Lease. Job or No Job.

The FDA is Kinda Like that Jman8. They Don't care if you Lost your Job. Or if the Zoning where you have your B&M isn't Zoned to Sell Tobacco Products. Or if the Address on your Business License is Zoned as "R1".

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
My :2c:; It all sucks!! Vaping and all of its components ARE NOT tobacco products. Even the Forrest Gump's of the world could tell you that. We all know that, but the tribal council in DC is putting on the blinders because big tobacco has the politicians in their pocket. I'm very surprised that our beloved president (tongue-in-cheek) hasn't done anything to quell this tide of inconsistency with the findings and rulings seeing as he is a known chain smoker. Maybe he should start vaping. Might do us some good. I hope all of this rhetoric is for naught because, as I see it vaping is saving a lot of lives and health issues. Does anyone have a web link where we could voice our opinions? I would love to set my email to send a message every hour on the hour and fill their mailboxes with reason why they should reconsider.
:-x

I thought they shamed him into quitting smoking? And I figured he's one of those "it doesn't count if you don't suffer!" ex-smokers.

But considering every other way he has been a total failure as a president... not really surprised he's such a pushover for TC.

Andria

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Your Options are All Flawed. Because your Thinking is not Based on Contracts. It is Based on being "reasonable".

It's like saying that if you Lost your Job Tomorrow (your source of Income), does your Landlord Tear Up your Lease and Kick you Out?

No. They Don't. Do They.

It's not like that (to me) at all. More like, I own a dog when I lease the apt from you, and you then decide 3 months into a 12 month lease agreement that there can be no dogs. I say I'm not going to get rid of my dog. Then what?

If a business is in the building, they are not going to pay lease if they aren't allowed to sell (make money) for what they told you at the start of the lease is how they will be making payments.

Your Landlord Doesn't Care if you Lost your Job. All they care about is that you Pay your Rent at the End of the Month. And you are Still Bound by the Lease. Job or No Job.

Your poor analogy aside, I understand that landlord wants the money. But IMO, landlord changed the terms of original agreement. The obvious thing in the noted situation is landlord will not get any money because business is not allowed to sell the products that were agreed upon at time of the signed lease. So, feel free to update me on how that plays out. I'm thinking it's 30 days notice, and that it is a big screw you to the business, but that every vaper would side with the business, while every landlord would side with the landlord, as state law trumps whatever agreement was in place.

And yet, with all that said, my point is there would be some lag time, which is what started this tangent. And because 'landlord' in this case equals Feds, then that lag time is going to be far longer than 30 days. And is more like 2 to 4 years.

Reactions: AndriaD

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's not like that (to me) at all. More like, I own a dog when I lease the apt from you, and you then decide 3 months into a 12 month lease agreement that there can be no dogs. I say I'm not going to get rid of my dog. Then what?

If a business is in the building, they are not going to pay lease if they aren't allowed to sell (make money) for what they told you at the start of the lease is how they will be making payments.

Your poor analogy aside, I understand that landlord wants the money. But IMO, landlord changed the terms of original agreement. The obvious thing in the noted situation is landlord will not get any money because business is not allowed to sell the products that were agreed upon at time of the signed lease. So, feel free to update me on how that plays out. I'm thinking it's 30 days notice, and that it is a big screw you to the business, but that every vaper would side with the business, while every landlord would side with the landlord, as state law trumps whatever agreement was in place.

And yet, with all that said, my point is there would be some lag time, which is what started this tangent. And because 'landlord' in this case equals Feds, then that lag time is going to be far longer than 30 days. And is more like 2 to 4 years.

What you Can't seem to Figure Out is the Difference between a Lease Holder attempting to Change the Terms of an Active Lease verses and Outside Circumstance causing you to Lose your Ability to Generate Income.

Perhaps if you have had More Dealings with Legal Contracts you would be Able to see this. Perhaps Not.

Either way, going Back-n-Forth with you on a Non-Applicable Analogy doesn't advance this Thread much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rossum

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
What you Can't seem to Figure Out is the Difference between a Lease Holder attempting to Change the Terms of an Active Lease verses and Outside Circumstance causing you to Lose your Ability to Generate Income.

Perhaps if you have had More Dealings with Legal Contracts you would be Able to see this. Perhaps Not.

Either way, going Back-n-Forth with you on a Non-Applicable Analogy does advance this Thread much.

Your evasiveness on this issue is so trivial. You wondered how the 2 to 4 years made sense and it's been explained. No need to further discuss this as it has been thoroughly explained numerous times to you.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Your evasiveness on this issue is so trivial. You wondered how the 2 to 4 years made sense and it's been explained. No need to further discuss this as it has been thoroughly explained numerous times to you.

Yeah... The Homeless guy Panhandling where I buy coffee has Explained how Aliens are coming to take over the Earth many times also.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Here's the thing i saw a part about a house bill (HB). Right now there is no speaker, until one is voted in they cannot do a thing, especially as far as new legislation. Then there is the executive order, the President can circumvent any vote with an order. To block that order in simplistic talk is a majority veto vote, which will never happen and again cannot until a majority leader is elected. Therefore it to me is hard to say when or if this will happen. Don't get me wrong regs are coming in some shape or form. I think some regulations are a good thing but the sad part is, if you give an inch they take a mile. Common sense needs to prevail but unfortunately when it comes to Washington and/or alphabet agencies, there seems to be a lacking of it.

I know hindsight is 20/20. Welcome new Speaker Ryan. It doesn't take long.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Flip a coin.. Heads 2 years. Tails 4 years. If the coin is lost 1 year. Then call the FDA and ask them. or reach up grab a number from the air and put days/years/hours/months behind it. Then ask again.

Quick answer. No one has a clue.

Nope. Which is why I have stocked up on nicotine, and learned to make my own coils and ejuice. It will be distressing and terrifically unfair if the deeming is enacted exactly as written, but it won't affect me a great deal. Pity those who either haven't prepped, or worse yet, still smoke but might one day have gotten interested in vaping.

Andria

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Flip a coin.. Heads 2 years. Tails 4 years. If the coin is lost 1 year. Then call the FDA and ask them. or reach up grab a number from the air and put days/years/hours/months behind it. Then ask again.

Quick answer. No one has a clue.

If no one has a clue, then what's the point of our side's advocacy?

Just cause you have no clue, doesn't mean others have zero clue. I stand by 2 to 4 years. I've provided reasons why.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Welcome new Speaker Ryan. It doesn't take long.

Welcome to Mr. Speaker Also. Change is Good Sometimes. Hopefully this Speaker can have Better Success than the Last One.

Speaking of Change. I know if I was the President or the HSS Secretary, I would want to have all this FDA Deeming stuff Buttoned Up and Implemented before I had to Clean Out my Desk.

And would be Instructing the FDA to write the Rule Set so that there were No Lose Ends, or Pending Applications, when I left Office.

Reactions: bluecat

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
So if this new FDA regulation thing passes, how long do we have before everything is off the shelves? Certain amount of time after or is it going to be pulled immediately? What about DIY supplies and vape devices? Hopefully it works out in our favor, but if not, what can we do? I love vaping and don't want to have to quit :(
Less than 21 months from the effective date of he bill. Does someone know the effective date.

HR2058 only prolongs the inevitable.....ots a time buyer is all...

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Welcome to Mr. Speaker Also. Change is Good Sometimes. Hopefully this Speaker can have Better Success than the Last One.

Speaking of Change. I know if I was the President or the HSS Secretary, I would want to have all this FDA Deeming stuff Buttoned Up and Implemented before I had to Clean Out my Desk.

And would be Instructing the FDA to write the Rule Set so that there were No Lose Ends, or Pending Applications, when I left Office.

Funny thing? No one wanted to be speaker. I have sincere doubts. We need a radical change to our divisive government. We need to go back to a government for the people instead of people for the government.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
If no one has a clue, then what's the point of our side's advocacy?

Just cause you have no clue, doesn't mean others have zero clue. I stand by 2 to 4 years. I've provided reasons why.

Why don't you do 3-5 years? Thankfully you give yourself 730 days clearance. Good show mate. Why I stand by no one has a clue. May as well do 5 - 10 years too.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The regulations has stated timelines.
    Nothing new will come to market without prior approval.
    Existing products can remain on the market while applications for approval are being processed.
    e-liquids are the scary part. Seems like every e-liquid manufacturer will have to get approval to use the same product, instead of a product being approved for use by any manufacturer that wants to use it.
    To approve every flavor made by every manufacturer would pay off the national debt.
    Most e-liquid manufacturers will simply fold up their lab coats.

What no one knows is how long the regulation will be tied up in court. It's a safe bet that it will go all the way to the Supreme Court, which could take 10 years or more. (so pray for a favorable injunction)

Last edited:
    Reactions: KentA
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread