What are you doing in regards to the recent legal issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
If there is a place for this already started I am sorry. I see all sorts of discussion about everyone's opinions about the fda and cassa regulations however, I don't see what individual vapers are doing about their own supplies?

When there was all the talk about the zombie apocalypse everyone was talking about buying up their favorites and stashing nic for the end of the world. Now that that threat is for the moment not an immediate concern, how are u dealing with this new threat to our rights?

But what are u doing to stock up for when vaping as we know it now ( and have known it in the past ) is gone?

Are u stocking up on your favorite vendors now?
What if they go out of business?
How many of the mom and pops shops are going to make it if the proposed 50% to 95% wholesale hike is put into action?

What are the nicotine suppliers going to do? Can they stay in business with all these new regulations that actually just mean more money?
Are u going to stock up on UNflavored nicotine?

I have read alot and see lots of talk about flavors and other than the fact I find it ridiculous to even bring up as a valid argument. Ops almost started down the drug talk rabbit hole.... anyway

Are you going to buy up flavors for diy now?
How can they (whoever "they" end up being) know when u buy a flavor weather you are going to put it in candy or eliquid?
Will the price of all flavorings go up regardless of if they are in vaping or not?

Devices.......is this even going to become an issue?
What is going to keep all the modders from turning things that don't look like vape gear into vape gear?
Other than the cig alikes who can say what is a vaping device and what isn't? See, there is that "they" again.

I am passionate about vaping, after doing it almost 3 years and explaining it and everything about it over and over again, I am convinced I will do it for as long as I can. I will sign the petitions and polls that protect my rights when a solid answer is decided that we as a whole decide.
But in the meantime, how are you as an individual vaper handling it?

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    When I started vaping the FDA was involved in a lawsuit, stock orders were being held by customs, and the end of vaping was looming over our heads. This fight has been brewing since 2009. So I've been prepared for the boot to fall for a very long time.
    Being that I am prepared, I can now devote my time & money to actively fighting these FDA regulations.

Last edited:

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2013
    AR, USA
    www.myretrolounge.com
    I'm reading as much as I can on the FDA proposal... patiently waiting to see formal response guidance from CASAA and other vaping industry advocates.

I'm not panicking over stocking up on gear... about due to order some more nic base for my DIY stuff may order a little larger size. Got enough gear to last me a couple of years if in a crunch.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 17, 2012
    Edinburg, TX
    i have at least 18 months of juice stocked up already. will probably buy a few more 16oz bottles from MBV in a couple months. how long do these premixed juices last anyways? i just have mine sitting in a dark closet.

I know mine will last about six months at which time I usually finish them. For long-term storage I think transferring them to glass would be wise.

We'll see how the next few months go. If I have to buy a few more mechs and stock up on some nic juice, so be it.

cocoloco

ECF Veteran
    Jul 10, 2013
    Colorado
    I have 2 years' worth of 18mg juice in the freezer (amber glass) for myself, and adding to that on a regular basis or until the shoe drops.

I have over a year's supply of 16mg pre-filled and factory sealed cartomizers for my wife, and adding to it regularly.

I have ~700 empty cartomizers in vacuum bags.

I have a few boxes of batteries (5 ea. in a box) and adding a box every month until we have 50 or so batteries on hand.

I have 3 chargers on hand.

I have two feed-though units.

I have a dozen or so disposables.

We have enough stocked up to have the luxury of a "wait and see" attitude. After that, it's the black market if things go the wrong way. The one thing we won't do is revert to smoking - government mandate or not.

Last edited:

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 9, 2013
    Saint Louis, MO.
    I've been researching DIY. I'm particular about my liquid. I vape tobacco's 95% of the time, and don't care for any of the DIY tobacco I've tried yet. Though admittingly I've only tried a few that friends make. I've got enough hardware for to last forever, and enough premixed juice for a long time. Focusing on the DIY research as of now.

Last edited:

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    NE Texas, USA
    I've been researching DIY. I'm particular about my liquid. I vape tobacco's 95% of the time, and don't care for any of the DIY tobacco I've tried yet. Though admittingly I've only tried a few that friends make. I've got enough hardware for to last forever, and enough premixed juice for a long time. Focusing on the DIY research as of now.

You may want to try Hangsen USA or RY1 among others if you haven't already. I DIY all my juices for months now and I use these everyday along with TFA RY4D. Good stuff.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    I vape unflavored, so I continue to stock my freezer with nicotine juice. I have about 2 years on hand, and plan to get up to at least 5 years stocked.

I also need to experiment with a mech because I see that as the ultimate anti FDA device.

Since I use carto tanks, I will need several hundred cartos, and that will be an ongoing process.

My biggest concern is my wife as she uses a premade HHV tobacco juice and she may need to switch to DIY of some kind. Also she is reluctant to use bigger mod/mech type devices, so the FDA is going to hit her hard.

All in all, I'm planning and stocking up...but hoping for the best.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I've learned how to use rebuildable attys in simple, tough, mechanical PVs. I've been making my own juice for over a year. Weaned myself off of nicotine in 2012. I'm a CASAA member and I contribute as best I can. The only way anyone can stop me from vaping is if they make common ingredients like PG, VG and food illegal, or if they make vaping in my own home a crime.

IMO there's plenty of time to stock up on supplies still. Nothing can be removed from the market for at least 2 years and probably more like 3. Flavorings last for about a year minimum. Juice is the same. Nic base should last for a decade if stored properly. Batteries will not be banned.

Now I'm waiting for CASAA to let us know what the best course of action is with regard to the proposed FDA regulations. I live in Canada so I don't know how much I can contribute (the US government might not care about my opinion), but I have some time to spend on this every day, Facebook and Twitter accounts that I only have for this purpose, email, postage stamps and paper and I'm ready and willing to do what I can for this cause.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2013
    US o' A
    Let's see..

- Donating to ECF by becoming a Supporting Member

- Joining CASAA

- Donating to CASAA

- Discussing the issue & game-plan over at ECF's FDA Regulation forum

- Formulating my FDA comment submission

- Writing to law-makers

- Spreading the good word & educating non-vapers about vaping

I really don't care about my vaping self at this point.. My battle with cigs is long gone, and at 2mg, I could probably quit vaping tomorrow..

My concern is the millions of smokers still out there, who have yet to switch to vaping...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread