So sick of people whining about the FDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
Listen up people, the FDA can do nothing to stop us.

The E-cig market is a snowball running out of control down the side of a mountain. As long as there is demand there will be supply. All the FDA is trying to do is reduce demand and scare tactic the industry. They can not stop this industry. The size of the industry is a giant now, and it is 99% through word of mouth marketing.

Stop worrying about the FDA banning ecigs. A ban can not stop the free market.

Smoke your ecig and keep your favorite supplier in business. Tell your smoking friends about it and get the industry up. E-smoke openly and proudly in public.

Spread the message of how good it is faster than the FDA can spread their lies. Convert smokers before the FDA poisons their mind.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you then you win.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Listen up people, the FDA can do nothing to stop us.

The E-cig market is a snowball running out of control down the side of a mountain. As long as there is demand there will be supply. All the FDA is trying to do is reduce demand and scare tactic the industry. They can not stop this industry. The size of the industry is a giant now, and it is 99% through word of mouth marketing.

Stop worrying about the FDA banning ecigs. A ban can not stop the free market.

Smoke your ecig and keep your favorite supplier in business. Tell your smoking friends about it and get the industry up. E-smoke openly and proudly in public.

Spread the message of how good it is faster than the FDA can spread their lies. Convert smokers before the FDA poisons their mind.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you then you win.

Right on brother! lol. I'm tired of these 'activist types'. Their first post is 'I'm new to ecigs, which one should I get?' And four posts later they are writing to the FDA. lol. They don't even have their ecig yet. One guy wanted to make a video on 'intro to ecigs' before he got his first one! They're the heat for heat seeking missles and the gov't eats these guys for breakfast.

bigfatguy

Aug 19, 2009
columbus, ohio
Well, it seems the best thing that could (or should) have been done was for patent holders and manufacturers/distributors to have solicited/commissioned more and more rigorous scientific testing on e-cigarettes and e-liquids.

No one really knows the health issues concerning vaping. We have very good anecdotal evidence and support, but conclusive, rigorous studies have not been done that are directly related to how personal vaporizers are actually used. Not having this information makes it hard for the FDA not to warn against e-cigarettes.

Not that the FDA isn't also being irrationally reactionary. And while I have no scientific proof for this, I believe without a doubt that vaping is much better for me than smoking.

But you are definitely correct, whining about the FDA isn't going to be particularly useful.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
No one really knows the health issues concerning vaping.

No one knew the real health issues when they ate their first strawberry either. It's not the gov't's job basically - and when they take it on, it goes toward political purposes rather than health purposes. UL listed is a private company that makes electronics safer than anything the gov't has ever done with the possible exception of the defense department - a legitimate gov't purpose even though they screw that up as well.

jnakamura

ECF Veteran
UL listed is a private company that makes electronics safer than anything the gov't has ever done...

PVs need one of these...

Good-Housekeeping-logo.gif

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
Congratulations Kent C, you just ridiculed every new convert to vaping and their support for keeping it all going. "Activist types"?
Man, we don't need any more elitist vapers discouraging those new to vaping and the forum. We need to welcome in as many as we can and encourage them to support the cause. Not slap them down.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
There is nothing elitist in asking people to use their brain before posting and asking questions that are easily answered. It's crazy to just come in ask "what ecig should I get" with no information about them, about the best thing I have come up with is a polite answer that tells them to give themselves a little education by reading up a little here first so they can ask the right questions and understand the answers when given.

That's part of the reason so many of these post say they are overwhelmed with info, they may come in here and read a little, see a post where another new person has asked that very question and they read it and see 100 different answers with 100 different people all telling them to get THEIR favorite model with very little consideration of the person who is going to be using it smoking habits and criteria! Yep, it can be confusing.

Help us help you is basically the message here. If you can't be bothered to read and learn a little about what your looking to switch to why should we? This is a major decision whether people realize it or not. You are talking about a change in lifestyle and that's never easy nor should it be taken lightly. Once again if you don't care enough then why should anyone else? I am not saying that everyone should become an expert on the matter, but only educate yourself a little so that you know what questions to ask, and that you will understand the answer or the reason behind it once you get one which thankfully on here is never too long at all.

We have some of the most helpful members on the planet of any forum. That have shown great patience, in helping those that come in and ask for help, with nothing asked for in return. There is no need to rush to get your question answered, take your time, read a little bit and check out the newbies videos and guides that many of the members, myself included have put up here on the site for just that purpose. Give yourself every advantage you can so that you can make the best choice for YOUR taste the first time. Money is saved when you only have to buy one kit to find the one that's right for you, and the best way to increase your odds of doing that is arming yourself with knowledge and doing the research first.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Congratulations Kent C, you just ridiculed every new convert to vaping and their support for keeping it all going. "Activist types"?

No I haven't. Not every new convert, just those types. lol Only a few really.

Man, we don't need any more elitist vapers discouraging those new to vaping and the forum. We need to welcome in as many as we can and encourage them to support the cause. Not slap them down.

lol. Hey Man, you're over reacting to a fun agreement with the original poster and I resent the elitist comment. Don't you know that it's those types that become the 'elite'. Wake the F up.

scottyj

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
fl
its real simple thing remember this all those that have been around here for long time. you yourself had the same questions . if can can help someone from getting ripped of buy paying up to $220 for a rn4081 then i am ment todo so.and as far as fda let it be known what they are up to. these boards are a word of mouth so to say.except my word isnt just heard from my house to my neigbors any more this board and others its heard around the world whoo hoo

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
so sick of people whinning about the FDA

I don't think we should stick our head in the sand. This is a very serious matter. They could actually make this illegal and people have a right to be concerned. I for one am against what the FDA is trying to do. If we don't send petition, write letters and become very involved this right could be taken away from us. Just look what all of this did for California.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
scottyj : its real simple thing remember this all those that have been around here for long time. you yourself had the same questions.

thats an entirely different subject. no one is saying someone is asking stupid questions that they asked when new. there are no stupid questions.

if can can help someone from getting ripped of buy paying up to $220 for a rn4081 then i am ment todo so.

totally agree and have done so many times as have others - one of whom is now banned for so called 'discriminating' against certain models and mods.

and as far as fda let it be known what they are up to. these boards are a word of mouth so to say.except my word isnt just heard from my house to my neigbors any more this board and others its heard around the world whoo hoo

yeah... hopefully you at least have an ecig.

lobro1

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Chicago
Came across this today:
businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9B29TOO0
FDA starts collecting fees from tobacco companies - BusinessWeek

excerpt below

"In June, President Barack Obama signed the law that allows the FDA regulate the industry. Its authority includes the ability to ban certain products, reduce nicotine in tobacco products and block labels such "low tar" and "light." Tobacco companies also will be required to cover their cartons with large, graphic warnings.

The law doesn't let the FDA ban nicotine or tobacco outright."

So is this accurate?:confused:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Came across this today:
businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9B29TOO0
FDA starts collecting fees from tobacco companies - BusinessWeek

excerpt below

"In June, President Barack Obama signed the law that allows the FDA regulate the industry. Its authority includes the ability to ban certain products, reduce nicotine in tobacco products and block labels such "low tar" and "light." Tobacco companies also will be required to cover their cartons with large, graphic warnings.

The law doesn't let the FDA ban nicotine or tobacco outright."

So is this accurate?:confused:
Yes, it's accurate. The FDA has control now though, over regulating tobacco, but it can't ban it. And the FDA doesn't consider PVs to be tobacco, but drugs & drug delivery devices and is arguing in federal court that PVs fall under that category. Therefore, it argues, PVs are subject to the same standards and testing as other nicotine drugs, such as the patches and gums, etc.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Right on brother! lol. I'm tired of these 'activist types'. Their first post is 'I'm new to ecigs, which one should I get?' And four posts later they are writing to the FDA. lol. They don't even have their ecig yet. One guy wanted to make a video on 'intro to ecigs' before he got his first one! They're the heat for heat seeking missles and the gov't eats these guys for breakfast.

Hmmm...guess I should just shut up now. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread