Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Sadly, I have to agree.

Whatever Eric decides to do, he really needs to do something in terms of development. I bought my grand almost 3 years ago and only the P67 has been released since then. Getting more involved on the forum would also be productive. Most of the former members moved on when Rob shut the forum down, despite the efforts of a few that remained and a few that have returned this place still lacks energy. The basic issue is there is nothing new to talk about. Anyone that wanted a grand or a P67 has probably already got one.

Like it or not, price is also a big issue, especially if the only items on offer are yesterdays news. Asking a new vaper or somebody new to squonking to part with $150-200 on a single 18650 mech squonker is a big ask. For that kind of outlay you can buy a decent mod, with an up to date and well respected chip set. For well under $50 you have a choice of mech squonkers that offer similar or in some cases better performance.

Every month that goes by, Reosmods is being pushed further towards the sidelines, becoming less and less relevant. Non of the big reviewers are talking about Reo's, they hardly get a mention any more on the forum outside of this sub forum.

Eric must have invested a considerable sum when buying Reosmods, but I suspect that without some effort on his part, in terms of future development and involvement on ECF he will have wasted his money.

I have and still use my Reo every day, it does what I need it to do, but less people now vape in the way that I do, lower wattage single coil builds in a small atty. Reosmods needs to appeal to the larger market to continue running, that probably means more power, either with a regulated or dual battery device.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
4SaXIoI.jpg

Photo courtesy of Rudy

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
This is spot on, and that's what I was alluding to earlier. It was different, but not different enough to draw folks in or to get existing owners to pay for the upgrade. That's why I think he should really shake things up. My personal taste would be the dual battery mech, but whichever way he goes if he throws some power at us I'm in.
I'm thinking this is the lane Eric should stay in as the regulated market is just too saturated with cheap Chinese devices already!! There is probably 1 guy in 1000 that would spend the money for a really good quality made regulated device. Just look at Big Apple Mods, $500+ for one of those!! I have a ton of respect for what TC6 has done and will continue to do but $500 for a device IMO is madness. I'm so glad I am all done with this habit...

btw... Diggin' the Element77 Grand in you're avitar...

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I am VERY appreciative of everyone's comments in this thread. We are acutely aware of the need for something new, whether that be a regulated or dual battery or something entirely different.

Our first tasks after buying the business were to stabilize the inventory and update the website. Since then, there's been a lot of non-sexy work with updating drawings for current products so that we could continue to get some of the components made and made correctly.

We've been spending some time and money getting out to various events to help spread the word on our products. And, I try to get out here, although it not as frequent as I would like.

Now, we are working on what direction we need to go to stay relevant and competitive in a market that is flooded with cheaper imports. Since everyone has their own preferences on style, function, and design, our goal is to find the sweet spot where our new products can meet a need and be produced efficiently to allow the company to make profits, while providing the same high quality as we always have.

We are listening to our core group of Reonauts, but ultimately we will need to make some business decisions that not everyone will agree on. We don't have the resources (time or capital) to go in 20 difffert directions all at once.

We will evolve and survive, though.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I know you will have to choose your"direction" wisely, and that will take some amount of time. I also know that which ever direction you decide to go in, the product will be a class act. The best to you, and your continuing business. :)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I am VERY appreciative of everyone's comments in this thread. We are acutely aware of the need for something new, whether that be a regulated or dual battery or something entirely different.

Our first tasks after buying the business were to stabilize the inventory and update the website. Since then, there's been a lot of non-sexy work with updating drawings for current products so that we could continue to get some of the components made and made correctly.

We've been spending some time and money getting out to various events to help spread the word on our products. And, I try to get out here, although it not as frequent as I would like.

Now, we are working on what direction we need to go to stay relevant and competitive in a market that is flooded with cheaper imports. Since everyone has their own preferences on style, function, and design, our goal is to find the sweet spot where our new products can meet a need and be produced efficiently to allow the company to make profits, while providing the same high quality as we always have.

We are listening to our core group of Reonauts, but ultimately we will need to make some business decisions that not everyone will agree on. We don't have the resources (time or capital) to go in 20 difffert directions all at once.

Sure do appreciate you checking in and your transparency! So Reos-like!! Finding that “sweet spot” is the ticket huh? We’ve owned a small variety store for the last 13 years and I get it. LOTS of research, pondering, considering, comparing, etc. It is certainly the most fun work I’ve ever done (compared to working in the mental health field for 25 years) but the hours can be long and the risks are many. Luckily I love what we do and cherish our customers. Hopefully that sounds familiar :hubba: So far, I’m thinking that you are doing a stellar job! So grateful you bought Reos!

Last edited:

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
Okay, you can do with this post as you will. First, I ask that you excuse my crude drawing. I'm far from an artist. That being said, here is my idea for a dual battery mechanical Reo squonker. It would be in the shape of the Gbox 200, fully mechanical, capable of parallel or series configuration, and able to accommodate 18650, 20700, or 21700 battery sizes. The assumption is that it would be sold in your preferred setup (series or parallel and battery size) and you could then buy parts that are easily swapped out to convert it.

Here is a crude drawing to give you an idea, I will type the details below.

20180318_210513.jpg

So basically, the mod would have 3 parts. The body, with a top and bottom cap that were held on by screws so the user could disassemble for cleaning, repairs, or converting modes. The part I didn't draw was the battery compartment. Basically, it would be a delrin sleeve that holds two batteries. The parallel version would have a copper bottom plate for grounding to the mod. The series version would be delrin with a copper insert in the base that the batteries would touch to transfer power without grounding it to the mod. The sleeves will make it easy to convert modes, and to offer flexibility for battery sizes.

If you look at the bottom of the mod, the smaller part under the squonk bottle will be fixed, the larger section for batteries will slide in and out. A screw in the bottom will push up against the battery sleeve, holding the tray closed and the batteries tight for firing.

The top cap will have your 510 and a firing button, similar to the current Reo Grand. There would be a delrin insert in the top cap that can be changed out for converting from series to parallel. Under the delrin insert, on the side of the mod opposite the firing button, you would have threading to connect your negative contact for series mode.

So basically, the delrin insert for parallel would only have a hole for the 510. On the other side, there would be two threaded holes for the positive contacts to screw into, and a copper tab to connect the two. On the side with the firing button, the the positive contact would be exposed so the positive tab can make contact when the button is depressed to fire the mod.

The delrin series insert would have your hole for the 510 connector, and two threaded holes for the battery contacts to screw through. In this mode, the negative screw has to be longer so it can screw through the delrin and into the top cap of the mod for your negative ground. There would obviously be no tab connecting the contacts on this side. So, combined with the series battery sleeve that is insulated on the bottom so it won't ground to the mod, you have series mode. When the copper firing arm hits the positive button, it goes to the post, up the positive post, across the wire, down the negative post, through the mod to the negative contact that screwed into the top cap, down the battery, across the copper tab in the bottom of the battery sleeve, and back up the second battery, through the positive contact, and back into the copper firing arm to complete the circuit.

The idea is it would be sold as either parallel or series, and you could but the extra battery sleeve and delrin top cap insert needed to complete the transition from one mode to the other.

Any feedback is welcome. I just thought I would toss the idea out there because if I were designing my own ReosMod, this is what it would look like.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Admittedly, my experience with DNA squonkers is not extensive, I own two. I have asked others on line what the 510 is like on theirs. I find that mod makers put a decent board underneath a terrible 510. REO has one of, if not the best, 510 on the market. It is rather easy to adjust the air holes where you want them, they are firm after adjusting and are durable. You put the REO 510 on top of a DNA board that is swapable in case of failure and I think you have a winner.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

While I would be interested in a new regulated REO devise, I read this the other day, now I am not so sure this is a good idea. :unsure:

FDA is About to Crack Down on Non-Compliant Vapes - Vaping360

KAS

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Hey everyone!
After reading threads about Reo for almost 2 years I was at NVE at Foxwoods this weekend. There was the Reo booth. I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a shinny red P67. :)With all the craze now with squonkers, there are soo many to choose from but, I'm glad that I choose the the Reo. :banana:
Just wanted to say Hi..

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hey everyone!
After reading threads about Reo for almost 2 years I was at NVE at Foxwoods this weekend. There was the Reo booth. I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a shinny red P67. :)With all the craze now with squonkers, there are soo many to choose from but, I'm glad that I choose the the Reo. :banana:
Just wanted to say Hi..
Welcome @Cosmic_Glaze! Not only did you purchase the most reliable squonker IMHO but you also inherited a bunch of wacky, wise and helpful Reonauts here for free:).

So what atty do you have on it? My P-67 is black with a purple SL door. Feels great in the paw huh? Love the red (shiny and sparkly).i have a red in a Grand (SL style).

So, there is one saying that goes around here though and that is “a photo or it didn’t happen.” (Or something like that...haha). Post when you can.

Thanks for saying hey and keep that up! Congrats! I must warn you though. Reos tend to multiply.....:)

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Welcome @Cosmic_Glaze! Not only did you purchase the most reliable squonker IMHO but you also inherited a bunch of wacky, wise and helpful Reonauts here for free:).

So what atty do you have on it? My P-67 is black with a purple SL door. Feels great in the paw huh? Love the red (shiny and sparkly).i have a red in a Grand (SL style).

So, there is one saying that goes around here though and that is “a photo or it didn’t happen.” (Or something like that...haha). Post when you can.

Thanks for saying hey and keep that up! Congrats! I must warn you though. Reos tend to multiply.....:)

IMG_0843.JPG

That’s a goon on it but it’s little too airy for me. I’m waiting on a drip tip to put on the Gas Mods G.R.1. Need some matching battery wraps too.
IMG_0853.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Gorgeous! I have one EXACTLY like her. The red is stunning, isn’t it?! I also still have the first REO I ever bought (back in 2011) and it still works like it did the day I got it....and still looks almost as good! I have used REOs exclusively since March 2011 and IMHO (of course I’m a Reonaut through and through and possibly a tiny bit biased) you just invested in the best mod out. :banana:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread