Some "New" Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
@Vapefiend It saddens me too. I have been a Reo user for years. My grand has been a constant companion and my primary device for nearly 4 years. It's a real shame that a brand that was at the forefront of squonking has failed to capitalise, now that it has become more mainstream.

I really do hope that Eric can pull something out of the bag, and puts the brand back to where it belongs. I think there will always be a market for a well made and effective device, but at this price point people expect something new or innovative.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I’m sad. Don’t want to see people giving up :cry:
Well I’m not giving up. I’ve been a contented Reonaut for years also. Part of it is because of the amazingly durable devices and the other part has to do with you all here in Reoville. I plan on sticking around.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I just wish 'em the best, man. And I support Eric & crew til' the end of time. I'm genuinely interested to see what they've got cookin', and would rather they take their time and get whatever it is done well than rush it.

Truth be told though, I'm perfectly content with my vape devices and moved on from REOs long ago. So I'm not exactly anxious, or looking to buy a new product. Vaping doesn't matter to me anymore. As long as I get my nic/throat fix, I'm good. And I increasingly detest the feeling that I need to vape, anyway. I grow tired of refilling bottles, rewicking my coils -- Muzic said it was laziness that caused him to quit (IIRC) and it is precisely that same laziness that will eventually cause me to quit as well. But not anytime soon. I'm pretty hooked on vaping and I don't mean that to sound like an overbearing addiction. It's not - I know what those are like (cigs, for example). But vaping does "give me something to do," and helps me clear my head. Until I get to a place where I don't feel a need for that, I'll continue vaping without much more than a second fleeting thought.

So TLDR is I understand why some are anxious and getting frustrated, but remember, perfection comes with time and patience. Have faith.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I love my reos. I have added some additional setups. Recently I added a sunbox e7 and a billet box to my collection. However reos are still my number 1! I’m certainly checking in every day to see if Eric has updated. I agree with you sloth! I do however wish Eric or Cindy were a bit more active in the forum. But hey they’re busy I understand!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I love my reos. I have added some additional setups. Recently I added a sunbox e7 and a billet box to my collection. However reos are still my number 1! I’m certainly checking in every day to see if Eric has updated. I agree with you sloth! I do however wish Eric or Cindy were a bit more active in the forum. But hey they’re busy I understand!
I agree with you, too. If they could find the time to be just a bit more active here, I think it would put some peoples anxiety at ease (perhaps anxiety's the wrong word, but I think y'know what I mean) and help build enthusiasm.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'ved worked for businesses with 3 different approaches to upcoming product releases.
1) Go ahead and sell what's in the pipeline...actual orders, with estimated delivery times
2) Talk about upcoming products, build some anticipation about the new offer
3) No mention of anything that isn't fully developed, tested, and available for delivery - "sell what you HAVE".

The last approach is the one that worked best. The other two result in problems and poor customer experience. Even if you deliver when expected - the customer likely will have hoped for it sooner...

I can see it working if you want a week or two...maybe a month of building some hype and excitement - but ONLY if your process GUARANTEES an upcoming launch date - like the product is in HAND ready to go...

upload_2018-12-16_12-33-52.png

(ps - yes, there was once a 2-cent coin - I have one!)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Que sera sera, whatever will be will be. Hoping and wishing the best for REOs mods future, and whatever may be in the pipeline. Personally I have more vape things accumulated than I can ever use in my lifetime, including a ton of REOs mods...but something new to play with just might tempt me to get one. Vaping for me is a hobby and a lifeline all rolled into one. I am patiently hopeful to see what Eric is working on and wish him the very best success in whatever it may be.

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well folks, it's time for full disclosure here.

I have approximately 40 2019 Woodvil Bodies machined, sanded, and finished. We struggled for nearly 6 months to fix the issue with the Brass connector for the 510 coming loose in the body and spinning, but we have that behind us now. The positive contacts and brass connector for the spring are all being gold-plated currently, and won't be back in house until January 14. At that point, I can actually build the complete assemblies and re-introduce the Woodvil line. My original timeline of launching pre-Holiday Season this year is obviously shot. Now, I just want to get them out to everyone as soon as I can.

It seems to me that every time I fixed the "last issue", something else unexpected has popped up. I guess that's what happens when I only have 2 old Woodvils and some out-of-date drawing for a few of the necessary components to try and create a new product. I am NOT taking pre-orders or deposits until I have a fully built and tested mod that I know lives up to the REO name.

20181218_171726[1].jpg

With that said, we have had a very trying couple of months here at REO HQ. Cindy had an unusual mammogram in October that ended up being breast cancer. She will be in surgery tomorrow getting a mastectomy and then possibly in for radiation or chemo, depending on pathology results. I will be out taking care of her as needed.

Although I truly cherish everyone on this forum and really want the best for the company and the brand, I am way more focused on my family's health right now.

I hope everyone has a great Holiday Season and I'll be back when I can...

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Well folks, it's time for full disclosure here.

I have approximately 40 2019 Woodvil Bodies machined, sanded, and finished. We struggled for nearly 6 months to fix the issue with the Brass connector for the 510 coming loose in the body and spinning, but we have that behind us now. The positive contacts and brass connector for the spring are all being gold-plated currently, and won't be back in house until January 14. At that point, I can actually build the complete assemblies and re-introduce the Woodvil line. My original timeline of launching pre-Holiday Season this year is obviously shot. Now, I just want to get them out to everyone as soon as I can.

It seems to me that every time I fixed the "last issue", something else unexpected has popped up. I guess that's what happens when I only have 2 old Woodvils and some out-of-date drawing for a few of the necessary components to try and create a new product. I am NOT taking pre-orders or deposits until I have a fully built and tested mod that I know lives up to the REO name.

View attachment 786885

With that said, we have had a very trying couple of months here at REO HQ. Cindy had an unusual mammogram in October that ended up being breast cancer. She will be in surgery tomorrow getting a mastectomy and then possibly in for radiation or chemo, depending on pathology results. I will be out taking care of her as needed.

Although I truly cherish everyone on this forum and really want the best for the company and the brand, I am way more focused on my family's health right now.

I hope everyone has a great Holiday Season and I'll be back when I can...
Eric, I’m sorry Cindy has been dealing with cancer. I hope and pray for a full recovery. Focusing on your family is the right thing to do. Cancer is scary, I’ve had many family members deal with it. Don’t worry about not being able to make it here alot. Heck I wouldn’t expect to hear from you until things are back to normal. I’ll be here when you guys are ready to return; and a lot of reonauts will be as well. If there is anything we can do, let us know.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Eric, so sorry to hear that news. Just went through the breast cancer thing with my wife. Surgeries done, started radiation a week ago. If you have any questions please send me a PM. I've become quite knowledgeable in this area.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Muzic said it was laziness that caused him to quit
That had a lot do do with it, yes it did!! Although the laziness all started with the Reo Grand, truth be told, but looking back I think it was just being spoiled though because having juice on demand made me lazy to start with... Then it was wicking which led me to RxW which I used until I quit, then it was juice which I started buying in 1000ml lots and mixing it down with VG and seemed to last 6 months or longer each mix down, then it all came full circle when I placed the Origen Little 16 atty on top as I vaped that setup for about 1.5yrs until I quit Jan 9th, 2017!!

I will admit though that I did start vaping as a means to quit smoking and eventually vaping at some point!! Almost 2yrs ago in another month and to think there was a day I thought I'd vape till the day I died and don't even miss it at all... I never would have been able to attain it all without Rob and Russ and am grateful to have ever met both of them as well as all the other awesome folks that made up Reoville...

@Eric Parlin
Sorry to hear about Cindy and really hope things get better on that front and wish you luck in the future with your Woodvil run and hope they sell quickly....

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Eric, so sorry to hear that news. Just went through the breast cancer thing with my wife. Surgeries done, started radiation a week ago. If you have any questions please send me a PM. I've become quite knowledgeable in this area.
Jif, how is she doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread