Nice score, Steam!
20190228_070116.jpg

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA

Dude? Seriously! Haha basicly exactly how mine will look with the same little 16 and drop tip! Haha though my drip tip has been blued.. forget what they call it when they hold it to a torch. Was from supertmanufacturing, got it free way back when with that one mod that took 2 years to get out.. cant remember that name either! Like I need a beer! Haha 46 and my mind sucks.. but i guess I've never been good with names.

Anyways i wanted one of those for years! Always think about it when I'm broke. Checking the classifieds often but rarely find one of those for sale! Might be because the finish holds up so well haha. Bought a black wrinkle used sl in the past that was cheap cause the door hung up on it.. easy fix. Anyways the finish was too good to sand it off so kept it original.

I seen a greek member sell one and a black wrinkle for like $35 ea! Haha what was he thinking as they both were newer and in great shape!

Anyhoo.. personally I'd like to support reosmods whenever possible so order away as soon as I heard from the wife the tax money is in!

My oldest Reo currently is a tra solid grand.. old school and updated with a shaved 510 done by me. Sanded bumps from drops many times haha.. it's my beater that I find often in my hand hehe. Mr reliable though of course.

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Not gonna lie - I'm a bit jelly of you guys with your pristine TRA's. Mine get tarnished after about a month. One bears the Shroud of Papa, an imprint of my hand that I cannot get out without polishing the finish (and I'm not gonna go down the road of maintaining a polished mod).

Tried clear coating one and it worked vis-a-vis the oxidation, but it felt... odd... in the hand. Possibly the product I used.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Nice new TRA Steam! I don’t have a TRA but I do have an SL Grand in red that is my out and about mod. So light! Sometimes catches a bit of pocket lint but I like the look and feel. I have an SL door for my P-67 which I like a lot too. I too was trying to think of the name of that drip tip from SuperT but haven’t found it yet. Haha!

I’m gonna sit and rest a bit here in order to hear @lizardnipples explanation for his name. Who knew that lizards had nipples? Fascinating:)

lizardnipples

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Highland, IL
Lol... I don't think lizards have nipples but you guys probably smiled when you read it. I've had this screen name for a long time but unfortunately there's no great story, just a weird brain in this guy's head. It popped into my head one day and I chuckled so I decided to use it. It's definitely a good way to break the ice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
It's out for delivery!! Damn been a long time since I've had a mod in the mail from Reosmods!

Also just seen the mail lady enter the neighborhood and head down the street.. corner house ;)

Just totally sucks that today I gota clean all 3 levels for our kids yearly joint family birthday party tomorrow! Daughter 14 and son 10. Born 4 years and 6 days apart.

So.. big :(

I'll open up the box late tonight to give me something to look forward to after all that with many beers!!!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Heres a shot of it now that I have a min.

My new BFF!

20190304_142144.jpg

First time I got a new Reo without a center pin :/

Kinda nuts as the mod was like sealed in bubble wrap but no loose center pin screw to be found. Not loose in the box either.

I used the p67's center post screw for the time being till I can get one from eric.

Funny as i have many parts of everything else.. magnets and ground screws and springs ect.. but no I cant have a spare center post screw cause how would I ever loose one? :/

Love it though! Sl is a little ruff as the sl cutouts are kinda sharp compared to a painted version but I'm sure that will wear in time and soften. Could sand those edges a hair.

Now to fire off an email to eric.

Edit: yes that's a 3rd party top for the little 16. I have the original as well and another original little 16 on the other reo.;)

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Heres a shot of it now that I have a min.

My new BFF!

View attachment 801349

First time I got a new Reo without a center pin :/

Kinda nuts as the mod was like sealed in bubble wrap but no loose center pin screw to be found. Not loose in the box either.

I used the p67's center post screw for the time being till I can get one from eric.

Funny as i have many parts of everything else.. magnets and ground screws and springs ect.. but no I cant have a spare center post screw cause how would I ever loose one? :/

Love it though! Sl is a little ruff as the sl cutouts are kinda sharp compared to a painted version but I'm sure that will wear in time and soften. Could sand those edges a hair.

Now to fire off an email to eric.

Edit: yes that's a 3rd party top for the little 16. I have the original as well and another original little 16 on the other reo.;)
Beauty setup, Steamer :thumb:

Those edges will soften out just fine with use - part of the allure of the TRA is the feel, which grows into you like working in a baseball mitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread