Something to consider if u buy 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I got a 510 and jumped on the bandwagon. But i see some serious flaws with it. If u top off ur cart, take a drag from the 510 U will get an overpowering throat hit. That much is true, But that is because I find the atomizer just burns off all the liquid real fast. U get a big throat hit after the first few vapes. Than it basically burns all the juice away real fast. I feel like u will go thru juice real fast. I think if u dont want to constantly fill up carts all the time, maybe the 510 is not the best choice overall. I think sometimes people get too carried away with one aspect of e-smoking. Like vapor and throat hit, And dont include consistency. I rather get a milder throat hit, but more consistant and not have to refill cartridges every 2 minutes.

regards

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Well i dont mean a consistent monster throat hit that the 510 gives you. I could live with a lesser throat hit than that. I guess what I am saying is, I rather turn the throat hit down a couple of notches that the 510 gives u on the first couple of hits, and have a more consistent one that does not require you to top off ur cat every five mins.

soylent

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
cincy, oh
Well i dont mean a consistent monster throat hit that the 510 gives you. I could live with a lesser throat hit than that. I guess what I am saying is, I rather turn the throat hit down a couple of notches that the 510 gives u on the first couple of hits, and have a more consistent one that does not require you to top off ur cat every five mins.

Are you using any cart mods? How many drops are you getting when you have to top off?

I had to top a lot with the PTB mod, but the blue foam "slug" drains the cart almost every time. Even at 6v on a 510, I rarely have to refill in less than an hour.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
I have the PTB mod in my cart. I top off maybe every hour and half or so. When I top I can get anywhere from 6-9 drops and use 2-3ml a day. The only way to avoid refilling is the auto mods but I'm not ready to take the plunge and buy. I am trying to build one for myself but not ready to buy one.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Are you using any cart mods? How many drops are you getting when you have to top off?

I had to top a lot with the PTB mod, but the blue foam "slug" drains the cart almost every time. Even at 6v on a 510, I rarely have to refill in less than an hour.

I have the PTB mod in my cart. I top off maybe every hour and half or so. When I top I can get anywhere from 6-9 drops and use 2-3ml a day. The only way to avoid refilling is the auto mods but I'm not ready to take the plunge and buy. I am trying to build one for myself but not ready to buy one.

As the above people stated, if you have a 510 you really need to use a cart mod and then the problem of constantly topping off goes away.

soylent

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
cincy, oh
Guess i have to research about ptb and cart mods. The only one i use or know of is i stuff the lipton tea bag into the cartridge.

Check out this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-foam-plug-updated-v2-0-slug-search-over.html

I've only been using the blue slugs for a few days now, but I'm using the same two that I started with. So far no leaks and it didn't clear the cart completely only a few times.

The blue foam was about $9 from PetSmart and enough to probably make 1000 slugs.

cluster

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
I'd second that it's true that a 510, under serious use and with a basic cart (which i use) needs to be topped off quite frequently.

It's difficult for me to say how often exactly. It depends on the length of the hits and how much time I let it rest in between. I'd put that after 20 to 30 seconds worth of hits in a few minutes, topping off sure helps keeping strong and tasty hits.

Not an issue for me, i love a strong vapor and it's still less of a hassle than bothering with rolling paper + lighter + rolling the cig as i did before switching to ecigs :)

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Does it pain you to type like an English speaking adult?
With your usage of U and ur, not to mention the fact that you made the same statement twice, in the same paragraph.

It really does cause disgruntlement to see people not thinking before they post on forums.

Grammer teacher??:(

Turco Chips

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Rowlett, TX (DFW area)
Does it pain you to type like an English speaking adult?
With your usage of U and ur, not to mention the fact that you made the same statement twice, in the same paragraph.

It really does cause disgruntlement to see people not thinking before they post on forums.

What really causes angst are grammar police that think they run forums.

TC

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
"What really causes angst are grammar police that think they run forums."

My feelings exactly. There are always idiots on any forum. He had nothing productive to say towards the topic other than to point out the obvious. That this is not a college paper. It is a forum. And the words UR or U are very understandable to most people and shouldnt be a problem. OH BOY I FORGOT THE ' mark. Get a life.

Thanks to the rest of you for the great tips and help, greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread