Stainless Steel and colored Lava Tubes are back (reg and mini) at Apollo for anyone waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I've been waiting for the Stainless steel LTs to come back in stock, so just wanted to let anyone looking know that they're back. Price for kit seems to be within a dollar of the cheapest available, and its the only vendor aside from Volcano (that i've found) with the black, silver, red/magenta, and stainless steal ($5 upcharge), all are avail in reg or mini lt.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I dont know, but I ordered one today, so we'll soon see! lol I tried to hunt for photos, but all I got was a uk forum, and they were talking about the silver, not the stainless (were calling it stainless, though). Might be the cheep veneer stuff... i figure worst case, i'll have to paint on some sort of durable coating. I'll drop a photo here when mine shows up. But they've been in stock at apollo before.. someone has got to have one. Hoping they show up. And also wondering if the caps will be stainless. I'd be a little irked with a stainless tub with cheap black plastic caps. ;)

gonna drop that question in the lava tube forum... maybe we'll get lucky

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
k, so here's where i asked for photos and our questions.. hoping for good news. Worst case, they do have a 30 day money back guarantee. I can tell you if it doesn't look awfully sharp, its going back. I just got a vision tox vv, which works beautifully and has the oled screen and the changable sizes for the batt tubes (18500 and 18350 come with the kit, 18650 avail in a week for $10ish)... so I got that initially because the kit was $69 and included all that extra functionn, plus the two vision tank things...., so the stainless lava was just a) for the sharp factor... thought it would be cool b) cause I like having more than one going at once, for variety

BTW, if you order, don't be an idiot like me and forget to put in the free disposable ecig code at lava, have to put the disp ecig in your cart too. I figure its free, and it might be worth trying. They have black or white/coffee, tobacco or vanilla They added it after the fact, but it was a hassle.

so if its not impressive, or worst case, badly clad in steel, forget it.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/lavatube/277146-show-me-your-stainless-lava-please.html

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Ok, see I'd be ok if was actually a polished aluminim, but not so ok if its one of those silver dips that cracks and flakes right off. lol I guess we'll just wait and see. And ThatJoeGuy.. i'd have thought the same without a $5 upcharge, so now I'm not sure. lol Should be interesting to find out!

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Bahiaboy (cool name, btw)... when I wanted to see photos, I went hunting, and ended up in a UK forum. I think what you guys were hearing described as the Steel, at least in forum I saw (was talking about a litecigs product) was what we're all calling 'silver'. That's the pretty light silver colored one, powdercoated just like the black and the reddish magenta. But Apollo offers both the silver and the steel (that one is a $5 upcharge), so its definitely a different product than the silver... we just don't know if its different good (ie some sort of polished metal) or different bad (ie: really bad metal dip that chips).

But thanks for sure for the reminder, because if the steel ends up disappointing, but I decide I really do like the unit itself, good to know I can exchange it for the silver. I loved the looks of that one... was just intrigued by a lava clad all in metal.

Last edited:
Well, that's slightly messed up...the title of this thread states that the Stainless tubes are in stock, does it not? Yet today I get an email with a 'quick reminder' that "NOTE: The stainless steel version of vtubes is not in stock yet (probably by 3/19). We are taking pre-orders."

I'm just a bit disappointed by this.

EDIT - I did notice that this thread was started by a forum member, not a company rep AFTER I posted...ugh.

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
lol.. no worries, I've done the same. But yeah, I ws pretty miffed myself, since the website took my money and I thought all was well when I ordered... I have YET to receive an email or anything from them, and it sho didn't say preorder when i ordered. Its frustrating, for sure. BUT thank goodness someone in this thread told me they're not shipping till the 19th. I dunno, maybe I got lucky and got one of the few they had, because I was refreshing screen like mad on the 10th to order, but somehow think that's less than likely. I just wanna get this thing and check it out already! lol None of us know what the heck we're getting, really. Anyway, sorry to lead you astray. When i posted, man, thought they were in stock since it let me order one. Lol

Oh, definitely no blame on you orachel. I ran to the website after seeing that someone had posted on Facebook that they were in stock. I have a black regular-sized one and really enjoy it, so wanted to grab a mini to have for work.

As for shipping on the 19th, it's kinda' hard to tell from the email. To me, it's pretty unclear. Also, same as you, I don't recall any mention of pre-order on the site at all at the time I ordered on Saturday night. Here's the text of the email, I'm surprised you didn't get one:

Hello,

We wanted to send a quick reminder that we do not have the stainless steel vtubes in stock as mentioned on our site

"NOTE: The stainless steel version of vtubes is not in stock yet (probably by 3/19). We are taking pre-orders."

We hope to get them in within 2 weeks ( management has informed us of at most/latest 4 weeks) because the stainless steel is a completely new product

If you would like to change anything with the order, or switch to a different color please contact customer service at 1-855-227-6556 M-F 9-5PST or email us back with your order number and what you would like

--
Regards,
Shipping Department

Apollo Ecig | High Quality E Cig | Best E cigarette Starter Kits
1-855-227-6556 M-F9-5PST

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Oh, fer cryin' out loud! lol You mean it might end up being a month, before they even ship it to us? Well that just bites the big one. I never got that email, at all. It definitely had them on site, I put it in my cart and checked out with it.

Bummer. So here's my situation as is... This is just a big rant, but dang it... I'd think it was funny if it wasn't happening to ME! lol I had an ego, a vv box, and a mini 3.7v box. Mini 3.7v died (loose wire, will get fixed eventually but I dont have the soldering iron to do it), vv box is mostly useless since batteries are dying, and its an irregular size that won't fit 9 out of 10 identical batts by same manufacturer. Friend of mine is gonna measure it w calipers and try to get me some batts that fit.. but again, right now, its useless.

So down to the ego, at whopping 3.2 v. I huffed madly on that thing for 3 weeks, trying to figure out what to buy. Was gonna get lava, but then wallet got stolen and I had to wait for new cards. In the meantime, I see all this great stuff about the new GS-sub aka Vision tox vv. Awesome oled screen and changeable size tubes, but vv function near identical to lava tube. Only bummer about it is its only in black right now. So went ahead and got one of those kits $69 at litecigs. Get tox, and I've got one of the first run ones from Green Sound manufacturers... the controller heads of unit (where all the vv functionality is) are malfunctioning, and a few bad ones were sent to vendors. I've got one of the bad ones. So now have a glitchy funny controller, which hits a max of about 4v, and doesn't fire half the time till I get replacement controller from litecigs.

While waiting, I figure what the hell... they're getting stainless lava tubes back in stock at apollo, go ahead and order one of those, in the stainless reg size (since my tox has a mini tube w 18350 or larger with 18500... I can make it mini if I need to), just so I can decide once and for all if I like the tox or lava better. If the lava ends up not thrilling me, I can send it back. If the Tox doesn't get replaced with perfect head, I can send it back... And now the brouhaha with another month delay on stainless steel lava... And just about 5 hours ago, I found out that some of the replacement controller heads STILL aren't reaching voltage with the Tox... so might have to wait another few weeks for the second replacement on that (if the first one ever shows up.

So I have 2 pv's die.. buy two more that are much much better... one is faulty, one has extended backorder, so now I'm out the $ for two, and am STILL stuck vaping at 4v.. after weeks of research etc. Now does that bite it, or what? rofl My vaping karma must be out of whack, but seriously... that just stinks. Ok, off soapbox... thanks for listening to rant. ;)

antism

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago Suburbs
This was posted on their site.
NOTE: The stainless steel version of vtubes is not in stock yet (probably by 3/31). We are taking pre-orders at the moment at the current price but may need to increase it a bit later. Sorry for the delay or confusion! This is a completely new version of vtube and is indeed in stainless steel (not coated or painted) for both the body and the end cap. We are doing our best to push the release of this stainless steel version as early as possible. If you placed an order for this version and do not want to wait, please contact our customer service dept and we will refund you. Thank you for your patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread