starbucks vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
Hi Millhugz
With all the 'mis-information', propoganda, and general state of 'allowed' p/v usage .... why would you want to 'push the limits'?
Many of us are doing our best to find ways to show our respectful use of e-cigs. IMHO blowing clouds of vapor at someone or in a business might not be the best way to positively influence our ongoing 'right to vape'.

The websites claiming "you can vape anywhere' base that information on a 'concept' rather than the reality.

There are businesses, industries and even 'areas' such as cities/states which are creating rules that do not allow vaping. Attempting to 'prove' one can do something and possibly ticking off others could be taken as offensive and be detrimental to our right to vape in the future.

From what I'm reading ... there are even smokers who are not wanting people vaping around them. I realize that makes no sense - but I certainly wouldn't want to see p/v usage regulated to a point where we were not even allowed to use them in areas where smoking .... logs is allowed.

Just some thoughts to consider -

30 years of smoking
Vaporized by my Screwdriver

danielwow12

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
voiceofchoicesnews - I could not agree more with what you said.

We still need to be respectful of people even if they do not realize the difference between "Vapor" and "smoke". It looks the same and alot of people/businesses do not like the look of "smoking".

Kind of reminds me of the whole "IM NOT TOUCHING YOU" bit I used to see children do.

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
millhugz - ignore the other 2 posters.. if the business didn't push the subject after you told them that it wasn't smoke then take it as silent permission to continue to vape. Unfortunately there are some people on this forum that think we should hide what we do and be forced to follow the same social rejection that we had to as smokers. These same people will likely be the ones with their heads in the sand refusing to fight for our right to vape when/if that time comes. These same people will then be the ones going "golly gee wiz, i can't believe they banned my e-cigs, I wish someone would have stopped them, oh well... back to cigarettes" when they are banned.... Sheeple.. nothing more :rolleyes:... This is SUPPOSED to be a free country Mill, you're not hurting anyone or even disturbing the peace with your actions as you discribed them & therefore you did nothing wrong.

Happy Vaping :thumbs:

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
baaaah baahhhhh baaaaahhhhhh Ryle - I've never been described as a sheeple (and actually quite the contrary) I just go about it in a way that attempts to pave the road rather than blast through and create fallout. Finding common ground and standing strong with respect for others would be my choice. I'm already busy educating- anyone interested, researching- hours online fact finding, writing - sharing the findings of research and , and making phone calls -

I might suggest that ignoring other people's opinions and rights would be the job of government agencies such as the FDA.

And there is a saying
do as you will and harm none

Blessings in ALL your choices

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
"And there is a saying
do as you will and harm none"

And that is exactly my point.. the OP was harming no one and therefore was well within his rights to do as he pleases. Exiling ourselves to only smoking areas is allowing ourselves to be vilified by our choice to continue to receive our nicotine when it is no longer harmful to others to do so. According to the FDA's own study.. vaping in public (assuming you're not vaping SE's 555 liquid) is no more harmful to those around you than using a nicotrol inhaler or an asthma inhaler.

In reference to your contridiction of my sheeple comment.. I wasn't specifically calling YOU a sheep.. I was referring to the people that met the specific criteria that I stated in that post.. read specifics of the statements I make prior to attempting to contridict me, it'll show more intellect in the long run. Now if you are saying that you are one of those that wont fight and will instead hide your head in the sand and wait for someone else to protect you then.. well.. I pitty you. If not then the comment doesn't apply to you and therefore should be ignored by you.

What irritates me are people that are too cowardly to fight for what they claim to believe in and will instead hide like lepers for fear of further personal rejection and expect others to follow their same actions because they're too weak to admit their cowardice and while at the same time as proclaiming adamently how we should all hide in the shadows like criminals they whine that no one is helping us, getting the FDA off our backs, whatever. These types of people are the ones that feel guilty for vapign because it's not FDA Approved.

I have gone on and on and on at length about my views on this subject and refuse to do so again. Some people just wan't to argue no matter how hypocritical they are and are too blind to see it. Because of this I will not post back on this thread to you, if you want to continue the discussion feel free to PM Me but I'm not about to hijack Mill's thread on the subject. I simply wanted to share my perspective with them so that they don't feel bashed by yours and the other post and feel asif they did something wrong. Some of the new people do not realise that there are two completely seperate sides to this particular debate and will feel pressured or alienated by those on the oposite side as themselves.

Have a nice day
Ryle

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
"And there is a saying
do as you will and harm none"

And that is exactly my point.. the OP was harming no one and therefore was well within his rights to do as he pleases. Exiling ourselves to only smoking areas is allowing ourselves to be vilified by our choice to continue to receive our nicotine when it is no longer harmful to others to do so. According to the FDA's own study.. vaping in public (assuming you're not vaping SE's 555 liquid) is no more harmful to those around you than using a nicotrol inhaler or an asthma inhaler.

In reference to your contridiction of my sheeple comment.. I wasn't specifically calling YOU a sheep.. I was referring to the people that met the specific criteria that I stated in that post.. read specifics of the statements I make prior to attempting to contridict me, it'll show more intellect in the long run. Now if you are saying that you are one of those that wont fight and will instead hide your head in the sand and wait for someone else to protect you then.. well.. I pitty you. If not then the comment doesn't apply to you and therefore should be ignored by you.

What irritates me are people that are too cowardly to fight for what they claim to believe in and will instead hide like lepers for fear of further personal rejection and expect others to follow their same actions because they're too weak to admit their cowardice and while at the same time as proclaiming adamently how we should all hide in the shadows like criminals they whine that no one is helping us, getting the FDA off our backs, whatever. These types of people are the ones that feel guilty for vapign because it's not FDA Approved.

I have gone on and on and on at length about my views on this subject and refuse to do so again. Some people just wan't to argue no matter how hypocritical they are and are too blind to see it. Because of this I will not post back on this thread to you, if you want to continue the discussion feel free to PM Me but I'm not about to hijack Mill's thread on the subject. I simply wanted to share my perspective with them so that they don't feel bashed by yours and the other post and feel asif they did something wrong. Some of the new people do not realise that there are two completely seperate sides to this particular debate and will feel pressured or alienated by those on the oposite side as themselves.

Have a nice day
Ryle

I agree with absolutely everything you said. Relegating ourselves out by the dumpsters is playing into the hands of the freaks at anti-smoking. I have no intention of being denormalized as a vaper any more than I will allow that to happen as a smoker.

Bigbob

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Voiceofchoice, wouldn't it be nice to be so young again, where you just know every thought you think is perfect and true? That pushing hard gets you what you want. Knowing that vinegar catches more flies than honey. I knew that my arrogance would lead me to success and glory.

But alas I got older and I learned that Newtons 3rd law is true,

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".

Not just in physics, but also in life. Push hard and you get pushed back hard.

Ryle, while I applaud your zest for standing up for what you consider to be your right, you still have to consider other people rights. You don't have to hide in the shadows, but you don't have to be in other peoples faces either. When you start a post with " just ignore the other posters and listen to me" you are stepping on their rights to offer an opinion.

Just my opinion. But I do find your posts highly entertaining and aniticipate the hell you're gonna give me for my opinion being different from yours.

evil1rox

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Hey here's an idea for everyone...calm down.

Blowing smoke or vapor into someone's face...regardless of which, is rude.

90% of the population is probably unaware that electronic cigs even exist. People are going to be confused, and if you go blowing vapor in everyones face...you may end up with less teeth than when you started.

To the OP, I understand your wanting to vape where ever you want. I find myself pushing the boundaries a bit as well... but you gotta pick your battles ya know. ;)

Good luck and happy vaping,

E

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
Bigbob - You're entitled to your opinion, and honestly I have given up on trying to get people to even understand my perspective and have really never held any hope that others could SEE my perspective. Believe what you want, hide if you want, just don't expect me to do the same. As for the hell you speak of.. I simply don't have the energy this morning.. maybe another day? ;)

maryjo

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Columbia, LA
Voiceofchoice, wouldn't it be nice to be so young again, where you just know every thought you think is perfect and true? That pushing hard gets you what you want. Knowing that vinegar catches more flies than honey. I knew that my arrogance would lead me to success and glory.

But alas I got older and I learned that Newtons 3rd law is true,

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".

Not just in physics, but also in life. Push hard and you get pushed back hard.

Ryle, while I applaud your zest for standing up for what you consider to be your right, you still have to consider other people rights. You don't have to hide in the shadows, but you don't have to be in other peoples faces either. When you start a post with " just ignore the other posters and listen to me" you are stepping on their rights to offer an opinion.

Just my opinion. But I do find your posts highly entertaining and aniticipate the hell you're gonna give me for my opinion being different from yours.
Well said sir -

Bigbob

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Bigbob - You're entitled to your opinion, and honestly I have given up on trying to get people to even understand my perspective and have really never held any hope that others could SEE my perspective. Believe what you want, hide if you want, just don't expect me to do the same. As for the hell you speak of.. I simply don't have the energy this morning.. maybe another day? ;)

Damn, I was looking forward to it. You must have missed the part where I said you don't have to hide...you just don't have to stick you 510 in anyone's eye either..love ya, mean it...rest up get your energy back.

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
"Damn, I was looking forward to it." so you're one of THOSE are you? :p.. my ex was like that.. he still calls me when he's bored just so I can insult him

"You must have missed the part where I said you don't have to hide...you just don't have to stick you 510 in anyone's eye either.." .. actually yea.. I did miss that .. 2 hours of sleep and only half a cup of coffee this morning.. I'm just no up to par

"love ya, mean it..." How tweet .. lub u too! :rolleyes:

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Sounds pretty rude and obnoxious to me. I never smoked so I could dominate other people's airspace with my smoke, nor do I vape for that reason.
The little LEDs make people curious, the plumes of "vapor" make them uncomfortable.
You can believe all day long that you are exhaling nothing but water vapor. But I think it is quite ridiculous for you to expect others to blindly accept your opinion on that.

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
Sounds pretty rude and obnoxious to me. I never smoked so I could dominate other people's airspace with my smoke, nor do I vape for that reason.
The little LEDs make people curious, the plumes of "vapor" make them uncomfortable.
You can believe all day long that you are exhaling nothing but water vapor. But I think it is quite ridiculous for you to expect others to blindly accept your opinion on that.

I don't dominate others' airspace.. I avoid people.. If I'm sitting in a back corner 20ft from the nearest person & they come harassing me.. they're invading my airspace. THAT is my point. As for your closing statement.. who says I expect them to believe MY opinion? For all you know I have a print out of the FDA's study in my purse for use in silencing those that complain. You make many assumptions in your statement.. and we all know what they say about assumptions right??

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
If the kid truly had a problem with it he could have pushed the issue. From the sounds of it the "there's no smoking in here" was a standard reaction to the no smoking laws. The fact that he said nothing further once he was informed that it wasn't actually smoke suggests that he didn't truly care. If the kid really had a problem he could have refused to serve the OP.

Bigbob

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
If the kid truly had a problem with it he could have pushed the issue. From the sounds of it the "there's no smoking in here" was a standard reaction to the no smoking laws. The fact that he said nothing further once he was informed that it wasn't actually smoke suggests that he didn't truly care. If the kid really had a problem he could have refused to serve the OP.

Maybe the barrista was easily intimidated. He may well approach his manager who might bring it up with corporate, and next thing you know Starbucks will have an official "No Vaping" policy. That won't be good, someone else will imitate Starbucks due to the high traffic and next thing you know there will be signs up everywhere. Educating the masses beforehand is a much better approach. Of course again...just my opinion and experience.

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
Starbuck trains it's employes to be nice, to the point they all sound a little "too happy" if you know what I mean. The cashier will not tell you to leave if you walked in covered in dog poop. The manager will tell you to leave, eventually.

Right now, it about looks! We look like we are blowing out smoke! 99% of all others don't know we are using vapor. So to all the rest of the customers it looks like we are changing the inside of the Starbucks from clean air to air with something in it.

I vape inside or outside of stores, I don't care.. I will be more descrete cause I am tired of explaining..

I won't advertise e-cigs anymore unless there is something in it for me.

If you really want to make your point go to Starbucks keep vaping till the Police get there explain everything, get it all on film. So when you are arrested for who knows what? You'll have it all on film to remember and we can laugh about it here!

that was 14 cents worth

Also- No One here is a Sheepeele we have all broke from the heard! Calling anyone here a sheep is insulting.. We are all proud vapers who come from different situations and no one should be insulted by calling them names.

Last edited:

Bigbob

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Starbuck trains it's employes to be nice, to the point they all sound a little "too happy" if you know what I mean. The cashier will not tell you to leave if you walked in covered in dog poop. The manager will tell you to leave, eventually.

Right now, it about looks! We look like we are blowing out smoke! 99% of all others don't know we are using vapor. So to all the rest of the customers it looks like we are changing the inside of the Starbucks from clean air to air with something in it.

I vape inside or outside of stores, I don't care.. I will be more descrete cause I am tired of explaining..

I won't advertise e-cigs anymore unless there is something in it for me.

If you really want to make your point go to Starbucks keep vaping till the Police get there explain everything, get it all on film. So when you are arrested for who knows what? You'll have it all on film to remember and we can laugh about it here!

that was 14 cents worth

Maybe we should start a Vaping in Jail? thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread