Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I know that there are threads covering bans in individual states, but I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread which covers all state bans.

So far, I know of the temporary, but complete ban, in Massachusetts, and a flavor ban announced in Michigan, Washington state, and Rhode Island. The New York ban is not in effect yet, but will be on October 4, I believe. Not sure about the other three states.

If there are more states which I'm not aware of, please list them.

New York Bans Sale of Flavored E-cigarettes, the First State in the U.S. to Do So

Rhode Island Governor Bans Sales Of Flavored Vaping Products

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...roduct-sales-months-toughest-state-crackdown/

Michigan's flavored vaping ban in effect: Here are the new rules

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
552efb0575ca5025d14ec27e4e7825cf.jpg

I believe this will continue to snowball

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
New Jersey created a special Task Force 2 weeks ago, and recommendations are scheduled to be made public this week.

E-Cigarette Task Force Hears Competing Views at Packed Hearing | NJ Spotlight

"But state Senate President Steve Sweeney (D-Gloucester) has said lawmakers don’t need to wait for the findings of a task force to act. He plans to introduce legislation that would make New Jersey the first state to ban the sale of all electronic smoking devices."

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
  • Agree
Reactions: zoiDman

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
But state Senate President Steve Sweeney (D-Gloucester) has said lawmakers don’t need to wait for the findings of a task force to act. He plans to introduce legislation that would make New Jersey the first state to ban the sale of all electronic smoking devices."
Brilliant.

Why do I think it will be, "Except for those that have FDA marketing approval" (i.e. IQOS)?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
New Jersey created a special Task Force 2 weeks ago, and recommendations are scheduled to be made public this week.

E-Cigarette Task Force Hears Competing Views at Packed Hearing | NJ Spotlight

"But state Senate President Steve Sweeney (D-Gloucester) has said lawmakers don’t need to wait for the findings of a task force to act. He plans to introduce legislation that would make New Jersey the first state to ban the sale of all electronic smoking devices."

So...in other words...

My fellow New Jerseyans
I hereby condemn you to smoking cigarettes and suffering from cancer and other smoking related diseases.
No harm reduction for YOU !
(besides, we want the tax money and kickbacks from tobacco)

ffs !

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I believe the states suffer the most from the loss of tobacco revenue. I still think Trump's little announcement about disliking flavors was his code to the states: "Go for broke."

It's a lot harder to fight every state than a Federal law. Oh I'm sure the Feds are coming too, but I sincerely believe that announcement was, "If you'd like to accelerate your deeming date, you should go for it. Because, we're not really ready."

Also, if the majority of the states do this, it's a lot easier to get a Federal law going that just cements everything.

It's... Well, I will call it obnoxious. Machiavellian certainly, but also just RATHER obnoxious.

I sometimes think Trump is better at politics than anyone gives him credit for.

Anna

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
At least there is someone getting out there and being heard here in Ohio. If it helps or not, well that remains to be seen. But he is getting his voice heard and his words are getting out there. This is one article showing it, there seem to be a few more featuring him out there as well.

Ohio lawmaker proposes two restrictions on e-cigarettes
I'm sorry if I misunderstand you, but one of those two Bill's is a flavor ban which includes mint and menthol. I don't see how that's a good thing.

House Bill 346 | The Ohio Legislature

House Bill 347 | The Ohio Legislature

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Reactions: Ceejay0875
Status