Stealth Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
Almost all office buildings have photoelectric sensor that see smoke, so if you sit under one and blow vapor into it long enough it will set it off.
But unless you are trying to, you will never set one off at work.

Not a single commercial or residential photoelectric (or ionic) detector, not even sensor could be trigger by the vapor of a PV unless the device hasn't received maintenance for years.

If the detector has a thermal detector too, is another situation.
As a proof, see the detectors installed in mechanical rooms where vapor is present (boilers); and many states allow to have only detectors instead of sprinklers.

Some places has more than one fire alarm system and people is not aware (underwriters lower premiums when more protection is present) so it could be your case.

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
Fuuny thing just happend here at work. As I was posting my reply to this thread, our fire alarms went off.......LOL! They all looked at me and said it was my vapeing. I told them they're nuts and to leave me alone. Of course we had to clear the building and wait for the fire marshal to clear the building but hey, it was a nice unexpected break :D

I hope they were joking! There is such a serious stigma with smoking in the 21st century. I bet if you said that their comment was racist (based on looks vs facts), they wouldn't say that again. ;)

I love visiting Europe as they're so much more accepting there!
I just checked SAS airlines, and electronic cigarettes are not on the ban list, however there is a disclaimer that any device that looks dangerous should not be brought on board. Stealth vaping in the bathroom it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread