The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

CALL TO ACTION! STOP THE NEW VAPE TAX!

Discussion in 'ECF Competitions and Broadcasts' started by low_tar_neil, Sep 16, 2021.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bozzlite

Bozzlite Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    Central Texas
    I got a response from my state Representative. He doesn't really commit one way or the other. No response yet from the two Senators.

Thank you for contacting me. It is good to hear from you and I’m pleased to respond.

I commend you for expressing your thoughtful concerns. Our democracy can only be successful when our citizens are aware and knowledgeable of the issues. The ability to make informed decisions on political and legislative matters, as well as current events, is an invaluable skill, and I encourage you to remain active throughout your life.

As you may know, H.R. 2786, the Tobacco Tax Equity Act of 2021, would increase the excise tax on cigarettes and equalize tax rates among all other tobacco products. Opponents of this bill argue it would unfairly place a heavier tax burden on lower-income Americans without encouraging them to reduce intake of nicotine products. They also argue the tax increase would hurt small businesses who heavily rely on income from tobacco sales.

H.R. 2786 has been referred to the House Ways and Means Committee where it awaits further review. You can be sure I will keep your views in mind as I monitor the progress of this legislation.

I appreciate the opportunity to work for you in Congress. Please visit www.carter.house.gov, my various social media sites (@JudgeCarter), and feel free to contact me in the future with any concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

[​IMG]

Rep. John Carter
    Member of Congress

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    My reply was Regarding this Statement.

"FFS, stop with the petitions and appeals.
    Name one, just one, that has had any effect."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SleeZy

SleeZy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2014
    Sweden

To me that just sounds like the usual "pr" reply.

Especially so when he mentions that it would hurt lower income people. It hurts everyone who WANTS to quit smoking with a viable alternative. Especially if this goes through and becomes like we've in sweden. It's more expensive to vape than it is to smoke here. Snus is always touted as best other viable alternative, and it realy is, or was i should say.

Lately we've been taxed heavily on snus as well, unfairly. Couple years ago 2$ would get u a can that'll last you a day or 2. Then it slowly crept up. Mostly due EU legislations.
    Now cheapest you can buy is 4$ and the brand most ppl want is 7$ rougly, slightly higher.

However buying a 10ml (max allowed) 18mg is 8$+ Or you could buy shake and vape 100ml /3mg for the whoopping price of low 25$. And higher if u want stronger, due you need nic shots, which are 5$ each if you manage to find the cheap brands. Which is also getting rarer. Usualy a 10ml/18mg nic shot is 10$

I used to be able to buy 50ml/18mg for 3-4$. Not to mention 100ml/100mg base for about 10$ which lasted months.

Well went of on a tangent here. But ye i guess all in all vaping got me off smoking luckily i was in the right time to do so, Ie early vaping days.
    Newcomers now will spend more for much less and hence have a harder time to quit smoking. Or they will feel it's to expensive, when smokes are cheaper.

It's only Uk that endorse vaping, as a healthy(compared to cigarettes) and a good alternative.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Signed and sent.

A couple of years ago I re-bottled and froze 3 liters of 100mg/ml nic. I'm still working out of the first liter and have only used a small percentage of the first liter. If you don't have stock in case this passes it could be the last time that you can buy nic and nic products. Don't let them push you out of your vaping rights.

• Agree Agree x 2