West Frankfort, IL
Ammit 25 rta bottom afc GeekVape
Zeus rta 25mm top afc GeekVape
Centaur rta 24mm top afc HotCig
Crius2 RTA 25mm bottom afc OBS
Govad RTA 24mm bottom afc VandyVape
Revolver RTA 25mm bottom afc VandyVape
Intake RTA 24mm top afc AugVape
Wasp nano RTA 23mm side afc Oumier (Restricted DL)
Kelpie RTA 25mm bottom afc Ehpro
That Crius 2 single coil is a great little rta. Capacity is somewhat lacking and uses more juice than my Nanos with the same build but flavor is very good.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
One of the RTAs from Shawn’s thread that I like is the vapefly Horus. I was just looking at getting another. I tried a few of them but that was the favorite.

I also have some oumier wasps, not bad, and OFRF Gears. Some are put off by the low capacity but the flavor is great.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I'm a bit biased towards top AF due to hating any leaking whatsoever. But that being said, top AF RTAs have come a long way and give a great vape now. My favorite is the Zeus single for it's top airflow, easy filling with the 1/4 turn top fill, and the easiest to wick. Plus the tank can be 3/4 full and can be removed to re-wick with out spilling (you need to disassemble and reassemble upside down, obviously, but very easy to do).

For wicking, it looks a bit strange at first to lay the wick a bit to the side of the coil to lay it in the juice channels, but it so open it's really easy. Just a thin line of juice on the wick and let is saturate for 5 seconds and lay it in the channel. I use rayon, but if using cotton wait 15 to 20 seconds to saturate before laying in the channel. But the best part for me is that I don't need to guess at the wick length and cut first. Just leave the wick long and after laying in the juice channel just snip it off at the juice channel base. It's so wide open and easy to get to with a small scissors it's the easiest way to get perfect length every time. I don't like faffing about with wicks, so this is a big plus for me. Quick, easy, and effective.

Honarable mention goes to the Augvape Intake. Another of my favorite single coil RTAs. Reasonably easy to coil and wick, no leaking, easy fill, inexpensive, and good flavor. All around a good vape.

I've got more than a few RTAs, but not as many as some on the forum, but these 2 are inexpensive, easy to work with, and give a very good vape.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
I'm a bit biased towards top AF due to hating any leaking whatsoever. But that being said, top AF RTAs have come a long way and give a great vape now. My favorite is the Zeus single for it's top airflow, easy filling with the 1/4 turn top fill, and the easiest to wick. Plus the tank can be 3/4 full and can be removed to re-wick with out spilling (you need to disassemble and reassemble upside down, obviously, but very easy to do).

For wicking, it looks a bit strange at first to lay the wick a bit to the side of the coil to lay it in the juice channels, but it so open it's really easy. Just a thin line of juice on the wick and let is saturate for 5 seconds and lay it in the channel. I use rayon, but if using cotton wait 15 to 20 seconds to saturate before laying in the channel. But the best part for me is that I don't need to guess at the wick length and cut first. Just leave the wick long and after laying in the juice channel just snip it off at the juice channel base. It's so wide open and easy to get to with a small scissors it's the easiest way to get perfect length every time. I don't like faffing about with wicks, so this is a big plus for me. Quick, easy, and effective.

Honarable mention goes to the Augvape Intake. Another of my favorite single coil RTAs. Reasonably easy to coil and wick, no leaking, easy fill, inexpensive, and good flavor. All around a good vape.

I've got more than a few RTAs, but not as many as some on the forum, but these 2 are inexpensive, easy to work with, and give a very good vape.
I appreciate the insight and will venture to look into these as I might try a mouth to lung for a more stealthy vape and have heard very good things about the Zeus single as far as a less restrictive direct lung tank is concerned.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Paraoh mini is an excellent contender for single coil but flavor! when your needs of bare and pure flavor comes, be sure to grab your paraoh mini RTA, also the brand launched a re-colored version, i love the new SS one!

9647050-2.jpg

Regards,

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I appreciate the insight and will venture to look into these as I might try a mouth to lung for a more stealthy vape and have heard very good things about the Zeus single as far as a less restrictive direct lung tank is concerned.
I'm going to risk taking this in a completely new direction and suggest an Billet Box with one of the many RBA's installed. Simply put you can get any type of vape that you like on the BB whether you like MTL or DL. As an all in one in the pocket and go option it's one of the best..

I love mine in fact I wondered why I hadn't tried it before when I got one because the vape is so amazing and flavourful...now I have 4 :)

I use the Vapeshell RBA fully open with a 0.6 ohm Ni80 clapton and it's direct lung heaven.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Single coil (r)DL rta's Ive got multiples of,
Ammit 25
Zeus single
Horus
Elevate
Dead Rabbit (single/double)
Intake
Revolver
Crius 2
SMM Serpent
Gear.
Theres some others I cant remember.

Then I have others that I just have the one of.

Theyre all pretty good! None of them are bad. I couldnt pick a winner or superior device out of any of them. I dont think Ive met a failure in any of them. At the end of the huffing and puffing theyre all so similar it becomes a matter of splitting hairs and most of that hair splitting comes down to how the airflow feels, for me.
None of them are hard to work on or wick after a couple of goes and all of them seem to pass the flavour test.
Some of them seem to work better at slightly higher watts and some work better in the lower watt range I prefer, but its not a huge difference in watts, could be 5w. In TC mode it becomes a non issue.
A few times Ive done a double take when Ive noticed the atty I was using was different to what I thought I was using.
Right now Im using a Manta MTL with a smok spirals drip tip for a restricted DL vape, it isnt terrible! Its quite good.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@P3ch3, polished stainless was nice but it's so hard to find. The matte stainless steel is still around some places.

Exvape Expromizer V3 is a bit of a weird RTA, as it seems as though it will do restricted DTL to MTL due to airflow. The V4 in comparison is purely MTL as there's little airflow in comparison.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Foggyroomz
If you don’t mind the height the dvarw dl and mtl are great for flavor. Old school so for a bit of a pita to coil but wick is pretty forgiving and flavor is spot on. FT has good clones, plastic tanks but the authentic has glass options. There is a bubble glass that fits the clones. My current favorites are the obs nano and the juggerknot mini. FT has a very good clone for the jk mini and you can pm about the nano. Both are top air, dvarw is bottom af. For a shorter profile bottom af you can't go wrong with the obs crius 2 single coil, flavorful and an easy build/wick.

• Agree
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
The Augvape Intake is more restricted than the Geekvape Zeus fully opened.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
@Foggyroomz
If you don’t mind the height the dvarw dl and mtl are great for flavor. Old school so for a bit of a pita to coil but wick is pretty forgiving and flavor is spot on. FT has good clones, plastic tanks but the authentic has glass options. There is a bubble glass that fits the clones. My current favorites are the obs nano and the juggerknot mini. FT has a very good clone for the jk mini and you can pm about the nano. Both are top air, dvarw is bottom af. For a shorter profile bottom af you can't go wrong with the obs crius 2 single coil, flavorful and an easy build/wick.
I’ve been loving my Dvarw mtl & DL clones.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The Augvape Intake is more restricted than the Geekvape Zeus fully opened.
The OG Zeus has such beautiful af but I never could get the flavor from it I did from my other rtas. Lost count of how many builds I threw at it, so wanted to love that rta. Intake is an all around better option than the Zeus imo but many would disagree with me.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
The OG Zeus has such beautiful af but I never could get the flavor from it I did from my other rtas. Lost count of how many builds I threw at it, so wanted to love that rta. Intake is an all around better option than the Zeus imo but many would disagree with me.
Zeus does have a great airflow, I agree. I have multiples of it for that reason alone.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
@P3ch3, polished stainless was nice but it's so hard to find. The matte stainless steel is still around some places.

i have 2 zeus single, can you imagine how the idea to polish one of them is taking my peace away?

well, i had the same issues until i switched to SS316L on one of mine and the other is running 3core clapton, ni80

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread