Not open for further replies.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
just about done with my second bb.
did another build. it's reading a 0.12 coil at 0.06.
hard reboot. it detects new coil at 0.12. i click + to accept.
hit the fire button it's reading 0.06 again.
grr.

Maybe you’re building too low for the BB. The minimum resistance for kanthal is 0.16.

SXK Billet Box V4 Style DNA60 - USB Black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
just about done with my second bb.
did another build. it's reading a 0.12 coil at 0.06.
hard reboot. it detects new coil at 0.12. i click + to accept.
hit the fire button it's reading 0.06 again.
grr.
Really sounds like a short, but I imagine you've covered all the bases.

Do you have one of those 510 tools to test out a regular build deck with?
80fb1eefbc.jpg

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
A couple other suggestions.
Might be a dodgy connection between the key and the chimney. Does it change if you really tighten down the key?

Also, dna processors have this property where they "learn"resistance as you go. I think it's called refinement. That's probably not it, but can't hurt to mention it.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    dna processors have this property where they "learn"resistance as you go. I think it's called refinement.
    Yes, their secret sauce. Only ever mentioned once on page 7 of their datasheets, BUT I don't think that's the issue at all. TrollDragon IMHO had a great thought, or even trying a different bridge

Well after a couple months without my billet box in use as my SXK Xeta snapped a clamp. My YFTK Xeta arrived incredibly late. And can definitely confirm the quality is much better than the SXK, looks and feels better made, especially with an included extra post. Also definitely more room for a 3mm coil compared to SXK which looked very cramped for anything more than a 2.5mm Happy days and another recommendation for YFTK.

*Unrelated side note; I got the Caliburn for the long wait/holidays to deliver nicotine, this thing is very good, great flavour and vapour production for the size of it, and only two pods in over a month which I only had to change to a new pod due to flying. Also tried the Aegis Boost and that wasn't really for me at all, terrible battery life.

Last edited:

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2014
    Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
    Does anyone had a sugestion for a good mtl rba? Sxk version. Im usually do an mtl vape with the dvarw rta. Its just the right mtl (for me) not too loose, not to tight. Thanks

The Vape Shell is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mackman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Well after a couple months without my billet box in use as my SXK Xeta snapped a clamp. My YFTK Xeta arrived incredibly late. And can definitely confirm the quality is much better than the SXK, looks and feels better made, especially with an included extra post. Also definitely more room for a 3mm coil compared to SXK which looked very cramped for anything more than a 2.5mm Happy days and another recommendation for YFTK.

*Unrelated side note; I got the Caliburn for the long wait/holidays to deliver nicotine, this thing is very good, great flavour and vapour production for the size of it, and only two pods in over a month which I only had to change to a new pod due to flying. Also tried the Aegis Boost and that wasn't really for me at all, terrible battery life.
    No xtra post in my YFTK

• Informative
    Reactions: dwcraig1

lupinehorror

bròn
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    all.
    i'm not wasting any more time with RBAs for the moment.
    could anyone recommend adaptors for stock coils that fir the borro?
    i have the north bridge for nord coils but haven't had any luck with the nautilus one i have (may have the wrong coils and they're a bit high in resistance anyway).
    think i have the kanger adaptor too but wasn't fond of it.
    cheers.
    EDIT
    nvm. went ahead and got another north bridge

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    No xtra post in my YFTK
    Did you get yours from FT or 3F,and how long ago did you get it?
    I got my first one from FT and it didn't have the extra post,but i've gotten 2 from 3F and they both had it.My one from FT was right after they were released though,so that may have been why.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    Oh yeah. I keep forgetting. I got 2 black and one of the clear SXK Xeta barrels. I've tried one black one and one clear one. The black one works fine. No change in resistance and no change in anything else either.

However, with the clear one, the thing that I greatly feared has come upon me. It's makes no connection and doesn't fire at all. You can see the tiniest gap between the chimney and the post.

Of course this should be easily fixable by lightly taking a hair off the top of the barrel. With maybe some fine emery cloth. I haven't done it yet, but it should work.

mackman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Did you get yours from FT or 3F,and how long ago did you get it?
    I got my first one from FT and it didn't have the extra post,but i've gotten 2 from 3F and they both had it.My one from FT was right after they were released though,so that may have been why.

Got mine from 3F about a week/week 1/2 ago

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I've been using the Boxxer clone for a while now,and really like it,but hate all the leaking,so i finally bit the bullet and bought an authentic Boxxer V2.I got a great deal on it used,got it for $55 shipped,but it needs new glass,which i thought no big deal,it'll be cheap haha,i was wrong.Apparently the only place to get glass for the V2 is from Odis,the price isn't bad $9.99 for 3 pieces,but the shipping is almost $20.Anybody know a place in the U.S. that has either the glass or the unbreakable panels for these before i order from Odis?

mackman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    I've been using the Boxxer clone for a while now,and really like it,but hate all the leaking,so i finally bit the bullet and bought an authentic Boxxer V2.I got a great deal on it used,got it for $55 shipped,but it needs new glass,which i thought no big deal,it'll be cheap haha,i was wrong.Apparently the only place to get glass for the V2 is from Odis,the price isn't bad $9.99 for 3 pieces,but the shipping is almost $20.Anybody know a place in the U.S. that has either the glass or the unbreakable panels for these before i order from Odis?
    Not in the US but Drip and vape and Ecigarettes.ca has them. Also ask in the BB forums.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread