Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Not in the US but Drip and vape and Ecigarettes.ca has them. Also ask in the BB forums.
Yeah,i seen the ones at Drip and vape,i want to get one with the smiley faces haha.I'll definitely ask around some more too though,the V2 will be here Monday,so hopefully i can find something i can get quick so i can use the thing.I have some thin plexiglass i may try and make a temporary panel from if the thickness is right on it.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Got an extra window for a boro tank may be the same width
Yeah,i've got spare boro glass and some spares for the Boxxer clone,i'll have to check both of those and see if either is close,if so i have some tile cutting wheels for my Dremel that i may be able to cut it to size with.
Also,i didn't know the guy was sending the broken glass with it,so as a short term fix,i'm going to see if i can get a decent bond between the 2 pieces of glass to hold it together and keep it from leaking for a few days.

Reactions: dwcraig1

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
Hello All! I’ve made it through over half the thread.

I bought this
8D3D365B-4AF3-4C21-BB9D-278C839AD2C0.jpeg

and have a cart full of this.

9CB48476-DE7A-4DB2-A61A-360514990A9B.jpeg

Is this a good start? I want to do MTL only on this device with no premade coils. Thank you! :)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Hello All! I’ve made it through over half the thread.

I bought this View attachment 863631

and have a cart full of this.

View attachment 863633

Is this a good start? I want to do MTL only on this device with no premade coils. Thank you! :)
Looks like a good setup,although if you don't plan to use premade coils,then the tank at the bottom,the replacement accessory set,you wouldn't need,it is for Atlantis type coils.
Be aware also,that purple mod may not be even close to the color in the picture.I ordered one specifically because of that picture,and was quite disappointed when it got here,mine is more of a light lavender color haha.I think maybe they had an issue on the color for the run mine came from,because the inner plates are darker purple but the body is very light colored.Although if you just ordered recently,it's a new batch so the color may be right on them now.

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
Looks like a good setup,although if you don't plan to use premade coils,then the tank at the bottom,the replacement accessory set,you wouldn't need,it is for Atlantis type coils.
Be aware also,that purple mod may not be even close to the color in the picture.I ordered one specifically because of that picture,and was quite disappointed when it got here,mine is more of a light lavender color haha.I think maybe they had an issue on the color for the run mine came from,because the inner plates are darker purple but the body is very light colored.Although if you just ordered recently,it's a new batch so the color may be right on them now.
Thank you! I removed that item from the cart. :)

TBH I’m not a stickler for the color. I just wanted one that shipped sometime soon and that is the one.

I’m really excited to join this club :)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I believe the boro window is the same width at least with mine
Yeah,they are the same width.I tried one and it fit good,so i cut it down to the right size,put it in and filled it with juice,only to see the juice run out the bottom haha.Same width,but just a tiny bit thinner,so it doesn't hold a good seal against the gasket.
I do have the Boxxer and running now though,i took the broken glass and sealed it together with silicone to hold me for a few days until i can get new glass here.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Thank you! I removed that item from the cart. :)

TBH I’m not a stickler for the color. I just wanted one that shipped sometime soon and that is the one.

I’m really excited to join this club :)
Just be warned,they are addicting haha.I bought one,got aggrivated and traded it off,then regretted not giving it more time,so bought another,got it to where i really liked it,now i have 4 plus a bunch of aftermarket panels,some stab wood panels due in a few days,plus a bunch of different bridges (atomizers) for them,they have taken over quick haha

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
Just be warned,they are addicting haha.I bought one,got aggrivated and traded it off,then regretted not giving it more time,so bought another,got it to where i really liked it,now i have 4 plus a bunch of aftermarket panels,some stab wood panels due in a few days,plus a bunch of different bridges (atomizers) for them,they have taken over quick haha
I actually see that as a plus, as I don’t like it when my vaping interest stagnates. This is going to be a challenge but one I’m looking forward to.

Really it’s going to depend on how much I enjoy it once I’ve got a good wicking system down. I’m a little intimidated by concerns about leaking issues (my instinct is to buy 100 extra sets of o-rings, lol) as I’ve traditionally struggled with troubleshooting unless it’s a more mainstream tank. But that’s what this thread (and the thousands of comments in it) are for :)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I actually see that as a plus, as I don’t like it when my vaping interest stagnates. This is going to be a challenge but one I’m looking forward to.

Really it’s going to depend on how much I enjoy it once I’ve got a good wicking system down. I’m a little intimidated by concerns about leaking issues (my instinct is to buy 100 extra sets of o-rings, lol) as I’ve traditionally struggled with troubleshooting unless it’s a more mainstream tank. But that’s what this thread (and the thousands of comments in it) are for :)
I've picked up several spare gasket sets for just in case,but haven't had any issues with leaking from the gaskets.Wicking is key on these,as that is the most common cause of leaks.I still have to occasionally pull a new wick out and re do it because i'll cut the tails too thin or whatever else and end up with a leak,but after a while of using the same rba in,you'll figure out what works and how thw tails need to be,etc.,then it's pretty simple after that point.

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
I've picked up several spare gasket sets for just in case,but haven't had any issues with leaking from the gaskets.Wicking is key on these,as that is the most common cause of leaks.I still have to occasionally pull a new wick out and re do it because i'll cut the tails too thin or whatever else and end up with a leak,but after a while of using the same rba in,you'll figure out what works and how thw tails need to be,etc.,then it's pretty simple after that point.
Thank you for that vote of confidence!

I never used any of my Kanger Subtank RBA decks when those tanks were mainstream and new (2014-15) and by the time I might have been interested, Kanger came out with the Clapton coil and that’s all I used for that tank. But I do use a KF2019 regularly and coiling and wicking that is a breeze and it’s a small deck too.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Thank you for that vote of confidence!

I never used any of my Kanger Subtank RBA decks when those tanks were mainstream and new (2014-15) and by the time I might have been interested, Kanger came out with the Clapton coil and that’s all I used for that tank. But I do use a KF2019 regularly and coiling and wicking that is a breeze and it’s a small deck too.
I know you said you don't plan to use premade coils in this mod,but if you still have any of those Kanger subtank coils,the mod comes with an adapter for those coils.I grabbed a bunch of SSOCC coils just to keep on hand if i need to rewick or something and either can't at the time or just don't want to haha.Also,i can't remember if it was you or someone else in the stocking up thread,did you post about getting some EUC coils?If so,those will work with that tank for the Atlantis coils as long as you have the EUC adapter that used to come with the coils.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
my SXK Xeta snapped a clamp. ... ...another recommendation for YFTK.

My YFTK positive clamp snapped through the screw hole today :( .. it's only been used with 28g wire and I've always been careful tightening it ...

I like the xeta but $20+ for such a short life, I'm in two minds about buying another one...
P1163133c.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Happy New Year everybody!!

I came across a thread in Planet of the Vapes that provides a tutorial on how to seal the BB’s positive pin and screen against juice leaks.

In the original BB’s thread somebody told me it is meant for the SXK clone, since the OG comes completely sealed.

So I thought I’d ask the connoisseurs, is this a recurrent issue? Do I have to do it to my SXK BB when it gets here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sealed mine. Pretty easy to do.
HIGHLY recommend for all units.
Leaking is a matter of when/ how much, not "if".

Any chance one of you can link or direct me to what needs to be done? My neighbor just ordered one, thinking it was the one that I had, and I remembered seeing something about this issue here.

I don't want to burst his bubble, but would love to instead provide some advice (since it appears to be potentially quite valuable).

THANKS (in advance)!!! :)

emzperx

Nov 26, 2013
Hey guys,
I got my hands on a dna60 sxk billet box with usb and ordered a vapeshell with it.

I've been vaping for a while so I'm 90 percent sure that I built the vapeshell as it should be, it vapes really well even with TC, but Im constantly getting leaks in the chamber near the boro.
The problem is I dont know from where. I suspect that something leaks at the top, as I need to screw in the top bit where the drip tip goes really tight, which every guide said I shouldn't do. It doesn't seem to connect right.

I made a few pictures of a leak and how the boro tank sits in the mod, maybe somebody more experienced with the mod could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200116_152934.jpg
    20200116_152934.jpg
    927.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200116_151811.jpg
    20200116_151811.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 20200116_151810.jpg
    20200116_151810.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 50
  • 20200116_151743.jpg
    20200116_151743.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200116_151746.jpg
    20200116_151746.jpg
    868.8 KB · Views: 50

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Hey guys,
I got my hands on a dna60 sxk billet box with usb and ordered a vapeshell with it.

I've been vaping for a while so I'm 90 percent sure that I built the vapeshell as it should be, it vapes really well even with TC, but Im constantly getting leaks in the chamber near the boro.
The problem is I dont know from where. I suspect that something leaks at the top, as I need to screw in the top bit where the drip tip goes really tight, which every guide said I shouldn't do. It doesn't seem to connect right.

I made a few pictures of a leak and how the boro tank sits in the mod, maybe somebody more experienced with the mod could help me out.

Thanks in advance.
As far as the part that the drip tip fits into, note the position of the slots on it and remove the Boro box and screw the threaded part back into the top of the box and see if it can screw in farther than it did with the box installed. It should be able to be screwed in just a bit more in most cases.
I can't see the gasket against the glass in the upper left corner, might be just glare, it should look like the rest of the gasket/glass.
Most leaks are where the air goes into the atty's positive pin for what ever reason, too short wicks, ect and seeps up the back of the box via capillary action. While it may look like it's leaking from the top but most likely it's leaking from the bottom.
Edit:
If that is an SXK Vapeshell the two halves of the body on yours is installed backwards (most likely) It should have the lettering on both pieces on the same side, but SXK screwed up so on theirs the lettering needs to be on opposite sides (unless they finally fixed it) A close examination will show which way it goes, and it goes only one way for proper seal at the seam,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread