Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Just received the SXK Bridg’d clone. It is wonderful! I’m having a very smooth MTL vape with a 1 ohm build and the MTL chimney on. Better than the vape Shell, the Vape Snail and the Xeta IMHO.

769901ab88f6c20fb0cf86640274275c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Last edited:
Reactions: dwcraig1

ep3eddie

Sep 8, 2016
Hey, question for all SXK owners whose boxes have the USB port... I’m wanting to get some replacement inners, button and wattage panel, but I want to get legit ones from a certain 3D fabricator. They don’t have the USB cutout, as they are obviously designed for authentics. Would these inners fit (and just block the USB port)? Or would the USB port prevent the plate from screwing in place?

Reactions: gsmit1

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Hey, question for all SXK owners whose boxes have the USB port... I’m wanting to get some replacement inners, button and wattage panel, but I want to get legit ones from a certain 3D fabricator. They don’t have the USB cutout, as they are obviously designed for authentics. Would these inners fit (and just block the USB port)? Or would the USB port prevent the plate from screwing in place?
I've never done it myself, but I know that folks have managed to tuck the satellite board in to allow the plate to go on without damaging anything.

Reactions: BillW50

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio

I would put a piece of electrical tape or something over the usb before putting the plate down on it so there is no chance of it shorting anything out.

tom65

Feb 1, 2020
I'll give you a short review of this tank. I bought the DNA version of the SXK Supbox and it includes this tank. From what I've seen in other reviews, this tank only comes witht he DNA ("pro") version of the Supbox not the 70watt version. Your post inspired me to play that tank a bit. . Here is the tank with an authentic Vapeshell in it:

IMG_20200928_230433.jpg

It's hard to tell, but this tank is just a bit shorter than the authentic Boro tank. Maybe a mm or two Didn't measure.

Here is the new tank next to the boro. If you look carefully, at the top, you can see the size difference.

IMG_20200928_230420~3.jpg

The split point in the tank is in the middle of thank. Not sure why they chose to do that. .Here is a picture with both parts of the vapeshell in the position they would be when you split.

IMG_20200928_230452.jpg

So, I filled it up with juice and put it in my BBV Billet Box. It dropped in easily and fired without incident. Left it in for a few mins and it did not seem to leak. Then I pulled the tank and did the split test over the sink. I held the tank upside down and VERY carefully seperated the two halves to see if I could rebuild the deck without draining it.

The top half was able to contain the juice. But each half of the atomizer is held in place by the oring at the top or bottom of the tank. There is not center support for the two halves. This makes it a wobbly experience. Since the chimney slightly protrudes from the top you have to balance it on the chinney to set it down. If you set it down too firmly you could push it through and dump the juice. On the lower half, the deck is so deep that I don't think it is feasible to work on it without removing from the tank. If you had more than half a tank of juice, then you'll have to drain the bottom. I think it is very unlikely one could do a rebuild without draining and not dump your juice.

So, IMHO it's a strange design. I'm not really sure what they were trying to solve here. For me, the biggest issue with the boro is having to drain the tank to rebuild. I don't think this tank solves that problem.

--tom

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I'll give you a short review of this tank. I bought the DNA version of the SXK Supbox and it includes this tank. From what I've seen in other reviews, this tank only comes witht he DNA ("pro") version of the Supbox not the 70watt version. Your post inspired me to play that tank a bit. . Here is the tank with an authentic Vapeshell in it:

View attachment 909553

It's hard to tell, but this tank is just a bit shorter than the authentic Boro tank. Maybe a mm or two Didn't measure.

Here is the new tank next to the boro. If you look carefully, at the top, you can see the size difference.

View attachment 909551
The split point in the tank is in the middle of thank. Not sure why they chose to do that. .Here is a picture with both parts of the vapeshell in the position they would be when you split.

View attachment 909555

So, I filled it up with juice and put it in my BBV Billet Box. It dropped in easily and fired without incident. Left it in for a few mins and it did not seem to leak. Then I pulled the tank and did the split test over the sink. I held the tank upside down and VERY carefully seperated the two halves to see if I could rebuild the deck without draining it.

The top half was able to contain the juice. But each half of the atomizer is held in place by the oring at the top or bottom of the tank. There is not center support for the two halves. This makes it a wobbly experience. Since the chimney slightly protrudes from the top you have to balance it on the chinney to set it down. If you set it down too firmly you could push it through and dump the juice. On the lower half, the deck is so deep that I don't think it is feasible to work on it without removing from the tank. If you had more than half a tank of juice, then you'll have to drain the bottom. I think it is very unlikely one could do a rebuild without draining and not dump your juice.

So, IMHO it's a strange design. I'm not really sure what they were trying to solve here. For me, the biggest issue with the boro is having to drain the tank to rebuild. I don't think this tank solves that problem.

--tom

I guess it might make it a little easier to get something like a Xeta out for rewicking.

tom65

Feb 1, 2020
I guess it might make it a little easier to get something like a Xeta out for rewicking.

Just tried the Xeta and the Exocet. Neither one fits in this SXK split tank. The tank is designed so that the top half of the tank inserts into the bottom half. This makes the top half narrower. My calipers say the opening of the upper half is 20mm x 12mm. The lower half is 23mm x 15mm. The atomizer chimneys are too wide at the base of their chimneys to fit into to narrowed upper half. Maybe this tank is designed for prebuilt coils.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Just tried the Xeta and the Exocet. Neither one fits in this SXK split tank. The tank is designed so that the top half of the tank inserts into the bottom half. This makes the top half narrower. My calipers say the opening of the upper half is 20mm x 12mm. The lower half is 23mm x 15mm. The atomizer chimneys are too wide at the base of their chimneys to fit into to narrowed upper half. Maybe this tank is designed for prebuilt coils.
I also got mine with the Supbox Evolv version. This is the only RBA I've tried, but the Exocet V2 fits fine.
thisone_cr.jpg

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
So, comment on the Vapesnail (original Atmizoo). I love it - so far, no leaking and great flavor for my MTL needs. That said, the deck is a bit too height constrained for using a lighter gauge coil. I notice that if the unit is jarred a bit (a bit = heavy walk uphill in some instances), the coil will contact the metal chamber and resistance goes haywire. Lowering the coil closer to the airflow means gurgling.

Anyone else have that issue?
AD

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
So, comment on the Vapesnail (original Atmizoo). I love it - so far, no leaking and great flavor for my MTL needs. That said, the deck is a bit too height constrained for using a lighter gauge coil. I notice that if the unit is jarred a bit (a bit = heavy walk uphill in some instances), the coil will contact the metal chamber and resistance goes haywire. Lowering the coil closer to the airflow means gurgling.

AD
I can't imagine how this can be happening. You must be rapping it pretty hard to actually bend the coil. Not trying to be argumentative at all, just being honest.

How light a gauge are we talking?

• Agree
Reactions: Pigs

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia

AD
You mean such a light gauge coil that it acts like a spring and even bounces around in the chamber when it's fully wicked?
That seems very weird. I'd lower the coil.

I've used my snails daily since they were released. No problems with chamber height using a 2.5mm or 3mm ID coil. If it's gurgling I'm thinking you need more wick.
And lower/closer to the af will give better flavour for sure

EDIT You may know this already but the guys at Atmizoo have amazing customer service. They answer emails quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread