Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Vlad,

It is of course pretty darn subjective but I just tested Powerful and Powerful+ and it is my opinion that they do what you would expect.

As a matter of fact I started with Powerful+ and it startled me - kind of knocked my socks off. :shock:

Scoping the test 2.2 version if I recall correctly Powerful+ was about 120% and Powerful was about 110% for the initial 2 sec. Which is significantly different than it was in 1.4 & 2.1 where they were all lower than standard.

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Even though my STM's have been working fine with the SX MINI M, wanted to try another tank & not seen such consistent posts on reliability in temp mode as I have with these

Maybe a very dumb move as there have been many posts on inconsistency with the kayfun V4

But I have ordered this which I don't hold my breath on working so may be a pretty paper weight on route :rolleyes:

$31.42 Infinite Kayfun V4 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (Improved Version) - stainless steel / 23.3mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Any recommended tanks for using with the SX & TP

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Scoping the test 2.2 version if I recall correctly Powerful+ was about 120% and Powerful was about 110% for the initial 2 sec. Which is significantly different than it was in 1.4 & 2.1 where they were all lower than standard.
So where does eco fire for the fist 2 sec with V 2.2 compared to soft and standard? Any idea?
I use stuff that rarely needs/gets more than 20 joules.

Duane

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
So where does eco fire for the fist 2 sec with V 2.2 compared to soft and standard? Any idea?
I use stuff that rarely needs/gets more than 20 joules.

Duane
Eco looked the same as standard. I didn't do any lengthy testing though so haven't analyzed the signals in depth. Only preliminary view of the initial few seconds of the signal.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Eco looked the same as standard. I didn't do any lengthy testing though so haven't analyzed the signals in depth. Only preliminary view of the initial few seconds of the signal.

Vlad,

When you upgrade and test please let us know. I don't have anyway to look at the signals and the "try and see what you think" method just ain't that accurate.

Besides the last battery period I had been using ECO just to see if it really improved the battery life (for me it did) so when I did the Powerful+ test to answer your question it hit me like a freight train. Albeit that may just be the shock effect of going from ECO to Powerful+. :unsure:

refuzeandrezizt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Western, KY
I see that now. If I hit the down button, and then use the up button, I get the modes in the order I would expect them. But, for me anyway, since I have to hit the down button to get it going, I always just use the down button to scroll through. No biggie though, as I use standard 99% of the time anyway.

As for the memory issue when exiting the menu, I notice that it retains the wattage I have set, but it does show the wrong memory location. It defaults to M1 on the display, and if you hit the up button it will start at M1.

I went to my M3, which is set to 40 watts, set it there and went into the menu. When I came out, it still showed 40 watts but the display showed M1, which is set to my usual 25 watts on this build I have in the STM. Took a hit, and it was for sure at 40 watts still, as I set it there so I would know if it kept it. Burnt hit, which is what I get at 40 watts.

PapaPro

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2015
London
Even though my STM's have been working fine with the SX MINI M, wanted to try another tank & not seen such consistent posts on reliability in temp mode as I have with these

Maybe a very dumb move as there have been many posts on inconsistency with the Kayfun V4

But I have ordered this which I don't hold my breath on working so may be a pretty paper weight on route :rolleyes:

$31.42 Infinite Kayfun V4 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (Improved Version) - stainless steel / 23.3mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Any recommended tanks for using with the SX & TP

Well, I was one of those who had issues with my V4s. But now I know it was my M Class and NOT my V4s. Since updating the software. It fixed everything. I just had three days of trouble free with my Kayfuns.

I honestly tested everything I could think of and still my M class was funky. Since installing the new firmware, I have had zero issues. I am soooo in LOVE with my setup. M CLass and Kayfun all the way. Subtank mini is ok too but nothing like my Kayfuns.

Good luck!

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Well, I was one of those who had issues with my V4s. But now I know it was my M Class and NOT my V4s. Since updating the software. It fixed everything. I just had three days of trouble free with my Kayfuns.

I honestly tested everything I could think of and still my M class was funky. Since installing the new firmware, I have had zero issues. I am soooo in LOVE with my setup. M CLass and Kayfun all the way. Subtank mini is ok too but nothing like my Kayfuns.

Good luck!

Oh that's sounds promising & glad your having better luck with them now

I will keep my fingers crossed & update once the fast boat from Asia arrives :)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I really notice the diff in settings with the V2whatever upgrade. I have the 2.2 now. I am running at 390 12J and I get everybit as much as I did with 1.4 at 410 18J. Amazing and these Kanger STM just work too good for me to try anything else. I sold my authentic K4. The 4 hole design does have about a little less then .01 more static resistance then the original not sure what the newest one does with the 2 air slots.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I see that now. If I hit the down button, and then use the up button, I get the modes in the order I would expect them. But, for me anyway, since I have to hit the down button to get it going, I always just use the down button to scroll through. No biggie though, as I use standard 99% of the time anyway.

As for the memory issue when exiting the menu, I notice that it retains the wattage I have set, but it does show the wrong memory location. It defaults to M1 on the display, and if you hit the up button it will start at M1.

I went to my M3, which is set to 40 watts, set it there and went into the menu. When I came out, it still showed 40 watts but the display showed M1, which is set to my usual 25 watts on this build I have in the STM. Took a hit, and it was for sure at 40 watts still, as I set it there so I would know if it kept it. Burnt hit, which is what I get at 40 watts.
That is my exact perception also. ;)

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
What do you guys think of the IPV4 if you have one. I was thinking of getting one for a knock around but I think the YiHi sleeve would give quite a bit of protection plus I like the fact that it has holes for the buttons so maybe another SX not sure yet.

What do you need an IPV4 for? You run at 12 watts. The dual batteries in the IPV4 are series batteries not parallel. and even Busardo doesn't like the battery cover or the feel of the device.

Remember that it is not like the Vapor Flask with two batteries in parallel the IPV4 is in series so you won't get any more mAh out of the two batteries than you would out of one battery. (I know this is going to start an argument but none the less it is true) Pleases before the arguing the point Google it - Please!

Reactions: JimScotty0

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Say what do you guys think about the tempered NI200. I want to order somemore 28awg and not sure if the tempered is really needed. I have been using the regular Temco stuff without problems but jsut wondering if the tempered would be even easier with these 6 wrap coils. I haven't had any problems with the regular. Of course if I get the IPV I would more then likely use 30awg then I could see the tempered. That is still a big if cause I like the SX so much.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
The one problem I have is I need to change the colors on some of these tanks so I can remember which one is which.

Go to Wall Mart and get some small Avery labels (the removable type) they will peal right off and not leave a mess behind. Just mark what is in the tank on the label and stick it on the bottom of the side of the Atty. Not pretty but it works. I have the same problem and sometimes it gets to the point that a dry pull on an Atty is not enough to tell me what the He!! it is.

Reactions: BNEAT

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Go to Wall Mart and get some small Avery labels (the removable type) they will peal right off and not leave a mess behind. Just mark what is in the tank on the label and stick it on the bottom of the side of the Atty. Not pretty but it works. I have the same problem and sometimes it gets to the point that a dry pull on an Atty is not enough to tell me what the He!! it is.
Yep same with me thing is I have about 3 sets of each color of Orings so I could do that really easy when I recoil.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
What do you need an IPV4 for? You run at 12 watts. The dual batteries in the IPV4 are series batteries not parallel. and even Busardo doesn't like the battery cover or the feel of the device.

Remember that it is not like the Vapor Flask with two batteries in parallel the IPV4 is in series so you won't get any more mAh out of the two batteries than you would out of one battery. (I know this is going to start an argument but none the less it is true) Pleases before the arguing the point Google it - Please!

That makes no sense - I do get twice the battery life out of the IPV4 than I do with the SX mini!

I actually really like the little taco shell - makes changing the batteries super fast.

But it's really big and heavy. If this isn't an issue, then it's a great backup in my opinion!

Reactions: mgmrick

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Say what do you guys think about the tempered NI200. I want to order somemore 28awg and not sure if the tempered is really needed. I have been using the regular Temco stuff without problems but jsut wondering if the tempered would be even easier with these 6 wrap coils. I haven't had any problems with the regular. Of course if I get the IPV I would more then likely use 30awg then I could see the tempered. That is still a big if cause I like the SX so much.

I like the tempered but it is a pain to order from the UK. Have you tried Tempco 26 Ga. That stuff is stiff and your can treat it pretty much like Kanthal. You might have to go to 8 or 9 turns but the stuff is a pure pleasure to work with. (I don't know about other brands but Temco is stiff)

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
I like the tempered but it is a pain to order from the UK. Have you tried Tempco 26 Ga. That stuff is stiff and your can treat it pretty much like Kanthal. You might have to go to 8 or 9 turns but the stuff is a pure pleasure to work with. (I don't know about other brands but Temco is stiff)
I'll second 26 Gauge Kanthal. With that I like annealed Temco better than the "tempered" stuff. I find the tempered stuff loses it's properties with time and the annealed stays way more constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread