Not open for further replies.

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Amanda,

The two battery debate aside you are not the first to claim that the ipv4 gets GREAT battery life. So I don't think what you are experiencing is not to be beleaved. Besides we seem to be giving Quantum a good day giggling at us. ;)

I like the pink and black always a good combination but I will not try a wrap. I once tried putting tinted window film on my car and contact paper on the kitchen shelves. Both were a miserable failures. Actually I forgot about the protective screen film I tried to put on my cell phone that too turned out terrible between crooked and bubbles I decided that it just wasn't my forte. Which is only made worse by all the pictures people post that look so great.

As far as the battery cover I don't think the small little movement that Busardo showed in his Video would bother me at all but the long winded threads on the SXmini battery cap can be a little trying at times.
George...this is going to sound silly but I found if I hold the SX mini vertical and use a nickel coin to keep the battery from falling out when I start I can get the threads to start quite a bit better. Of course I still have to do the 1/2 step back 1 step forward dance a few times but at least it saves me a little from misaligning the damned threads so much.

The only reason I can think that they chose such fine threads is because of that battle axe tube thingy. Otherwise bad idea!!!! Maybe a bad idea no matter why they did it.

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Interesting - my threads are fairly smooth. Perhaps you could lube them with something (my IPV mini would give me fits until I lubed the threads - then suddenly it was smooth as butter!).
My threads are pretty smooth but they are so fine that it's easy to cross thread them. Coarser threads would be a lot easier I think.

Duane

Reactions: AmandaD

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Ginger Vaper got my Black/Silver with defective paint this afternoon, 15 minutes ago I got tracking for my Black/Silver with the fixed paint.

They were so amazing the entire time. Always quick to respond and super helpful, an absolutely painless experience.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
George...this is going to sound silly but I found if I hold the SX mini vertical and use a nickel coin to keep the battery from falling out when I start I can get the threads to start quite a bit better. Of course I still have to do the 1/2 step back 1 step forward dance a few times but at least it saves me a little from misaligning the damned threads so much.

The only reason I can think that they chose such fine threads is because of that battle axe tube thingy. Otherwise bad idea!!!! Maybe a bad idea no matter why they did it.

Duane,

Doesn't sound silly at all. That is the exact the way I do it. My complaint was mostly the fine threads. When I first got mine and looked at the threads the same day someone posted about getting theirs cross threaded I was absolutely paranoid that I would screw it up (no pun intended). So for about fifteen minutes on the horizontal with the battery all the way in trying to get the cap started and failed. Just the weight of the battery in the horizontal mode was enough to force the threads to either not catch or cross catch.

Then by accident I held it vertical to see if the cap was tilted so still holding it vertical position with the battery sitting inside the cap gave it the little back catch and go thingy - Eureka it worked. So I have been doing it that way ever since.

"Great minds" :rolleyes:

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
I am glad the && is gone. I emailed them twice about the &&. I am sorry I ever brought up the && because I think a lot of people saw it as a way to poke fun at me for being OCD :( On the bright side of things if you are OCD like me and it bothered you then you are welcome :lol:

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
I see Chinglish Engrish everyday because I fix embroidery machines and all of them are either Japanese, Chinese or Korean and there is always something screwy I run accross. What really sucks is one of the Korean brands I work on has a US office but no US people. When I call I get so aggravated trying to get a part :-x

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
I see Chinglish Engrish everyday because I fix embroidery machines and all of them are either Japanese, Chinese or Korean and there is always something screwy I run accross. What really sucks is one of the Korean brands I work on has a US office but no US people. When I call I get so aggravated trying to get a part :-x
Make friends with a Korean person... And grouping us all together is so not offensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Interesting - my threads are fairly smooth. Perhaps you could lube them with something (my IPV mini would give me fits until I lubed the threads - then suddenly it was smooth as butter!).
I have been using Ox-Gard on my SXM and it works just fine. Just one tiny drop a few weeks ago and I have not needed more since. A nickel works for me and I don't have an issue with removal or replacement of the cover once you learn how it works.

Reactions: jmercury1

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
I was getting some dry atomizer warnings, so I decided to rebuild the Lemo that I have on the M class. Rebuilt the Lemo 2 as well, that is on a different device.

AigfYxBl.jpg

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK

I was having a nightmare at first & scared of screwing up my threads
Found turning it vertical works too but I turn it upside down
Catch the threads easy that way with just using a finger or thumb then tighten fully with a coin
Might just be me but with two daily changes for about a month now it feels like the threads are getting easier
At first was lucky to get a quarter turn by hand but now nearly all the way

Reactions: jazzvaper

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
I was having a nightmare at first & scared of screwing up my threads
Found turning it vertical works too but I turn it upside down
Catch the threads easy that way with just using a finger or thumb then tighten fully with a coin
Might just be me but with two daily changes for about a month now it feels like the threads are getting easier
At first was lucky to get a quarter turn by hand but now nearly all the way
I'm going to have to vape more. My threads are still a little tight..but they are getting better.:)

Reactions: Quantum Mech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread