Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Reactions: jmercury1

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Thanks Vlad. I am pretty happy with my Jwraps a lot happier then I thought I would be plus they look great. But it's worth a look.
One thing I am wondering is how hard the + and - buttons will be to push. They aren't easy. I am planning on getting one more but I will only buy from Varitube for the device. I have a pretty good rapore with Perry there and I trust them.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
One thing I am wondering is how hard the + and - buttons will be to push. They aren't easy. I am planning on getting one more but I will only buy from Varitube for the device. I have a pretty good rapore with Perry there and I trust them.

Not sure about the buttons. I'm still liking the Monokote on mine so not going to get the silicone case. He should have everything in stock, he said the other day new shipment was coming in Friday. Thought you already had two though, how are you going to vape 3 at a time? :)

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I will begin to take your comments about the K4 seriously when you learn how to spell NICKEL.
Yes I agree my grammar and spelling is of poor quality, always has been. But you may want to reconsider the importance of ones spelling in comparison to the overall weight of the statement being made.

Or do you not take the U.S. Constitution seriously either due to its spelling and grammar errors?
Errors in the Constitution
10 Amazing Facts About the US Constitution - The Political Insider
http://www.constitutionfacts.com/content/constitution/files/constitution_fascinatingfacts.pdf
And, of course, when you speak from experience, not reports you've read.
I made it pretty clear in my original post to PappaPro that I was referencing what I had read not necessarily what I had personally experienced with the K4. Then you chimed in claiming that my reference was "wholly untrue" I assume based on your personal experience.

With that in mind perhaps my reference to and reflection of what I've read may not bias me one way or the other, as others that have used the device previously would be. And no EGO here or anything to prove. I have no stake in what others use or prefer to use only my opinions and hopefully suggestions that will help others in their decision making and vaping experience.

Reactions: druckle

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Yes I agree my grammar and spelling is of poor quality, always has been. But you may want to reconsider the importance of ones spelling in comparison to the overall weight of the statement being made.

Or do you not take the U.S. Constitution seriously either due to its spelling and grammar errors?
Errors in the Constitution
10 Amazing Facts About the US Constitution - The Political Insider
http://www.constitutionfacts.com/content/constitution/files/constitution_fascinatingfacts.pdf

I made it pretty clear in my original post to PappaPro that I was referencing what I had read not necessarily what I had personally experienced with the K4. Then you chimed in claiming that my reference was "wholly untrue" I assume based on your personal experience.

With that in mind perhaps my reference to and reflection of what I've read may not bias me one way or the other, as others that have used the device previously would be. And no EGO here or anything to prove. I have no stake in what others use or prefer to use only my opinions and hopefully suggestions that will help others in their decision making and vaping experience.
Vlad1

I really appreciate your participation in the thread and your maturity in addressing others.

I don't appreciate the posts of some others that reflect an overactive ego and continually put other folks down for simply not agreeing with them. Everyone has a right to their opinion and I see no reason to be insulting when there is disagreement but apparently that is the mode that makes some folks happy. Well...good luck to them. The light might come on someday and they will realize that the world revolves around the sun and not around them.

Last edited:

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
0.066 nickle, joules mode , subtank that I have been using on the device.

Sent from my iPhone

Onedesign1 is in the thread :w00t: Perhaps he'll chime in... IDK, not heard of that before. You might try making sure your coil is solidly connected, atty connection & 510 are clean and possibly try pulling the battery and putting it back in "reboot". I really have no idea on that and searching those numbers result in mostly irrelevant information.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Vlad1

I really appreciate your participation in the thread and your maturity in addressing others.

I don't appreciate the posts of some others that reflect an overactive ego and continually put other folks down for simply not agreeing with them. Everyone has a right to their opinion and I see no reason to be insulting when there is disagreement but apparently that is the mode that makes some folks happy. Well...good luck to them. The light might come one someday and they will realize that the world revolves around the sun and not around them.
Thanks Druckle:party:

Reactions: chia

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Just put a fresh Samsung in 2100 mah wonder if that could be the issue I know that Yihi recommends 2500 mah

Sent from my iPhone

Not sure. If it were mine I'd trade out any gear I could to eliminate those pieces from the equation, atty, battery, extension tube or anything else at all. So if the only thing that's the same is the SXmini and your still getting those codes you've eliminated everything you could.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I had troubles with my subtank and found the 510 pin was too short to work well with my SX. I fixed it by adding basically a kanthal o ring to the positive post of the rba base. That extended it enough to make a better connection. Have not had an issue since.

Is that the original Subtank? I had read some had some problems with the original large one. Can you post a pic of what you fixed?

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
So, I have a really dumb question, I just got my hands on an SX Mini (M Class).

Im really enjoying the device, still have yet to fully fiddle with the temp stuff more, Im running a .12 ohm nickel coil at 432 degrees (I like numerology) at 18 watts on a kanger sub tank using the rebuildable section.

So, my two questions, maybe another if something comes to mind...

First, how in Gods name do you disable the gravity sensor? I heard this was doable after upgrading the firmware... which by the way leads me to another interesting problem / question...

When I plug the device into my PC and set the link to 'On', my PC sees it as a device with a different name than what matches the firmware (which I grabbed from Yihi's webpage). The firmware and my device match (its just that my device has a slightly different name than what the firmware says it should be for). Is this normal? Is there something I need to do to make the names match?

This is the message the software gives me...

(In green)
File opened:
Upgrade Software ONLY for SXmini-20141129-1604-v1.3.
(In red)
This file unsupport SXmini-M-V1,But support SX350Mini-V1.

I assume the firmware is currently 1.31...

I pulled the firmware from here (scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click Driver and 1st Upgrade Firmware).

SXmini M Class manufacturers,SXmini M Class exporters,SXmini M Class suppliers,SXmini M Class OEM service.

I also tried the links provided in their faq found here:

SXmini-SXmini maker,SXmini,yihisxmini,yihiecigar,sx350,yihi sx350, yihi sx350 mini, yihiecigar sx350 mini, gravity sensor,www.yihisxmini.com,120w device

The links provided there are the following:

Driver
Download - SXI Driver 20140808

Firmware
Download - Upgrade Software ONLY for SXmini-20141129-1604-v1.3

Both sets of downloads have the same naming problem...

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
So, I have a really dumb question, I just got my hands on an SX Mini (M Class).

Im really enjoying the device, still have yet to fully fiddle with the temp stuff more, Im running a .12 ohm nickel coil at 432 degrees (I like numerology) at 18 watts on a kanger sub tank using the rebuildable section.

So, my two questions, maybe another if something comes to mind...

First, how in Gods name do you disable the gravity sensor? I heard this was doable after upgrading the firmware... which by the way leads me to another interesting problem / question...

When I plug the device into my PC and set the link to 'On', my PC sees it as a device with a different name than what matches the firmware (which I grabbed from Yihi's webpage). The firmware and my device match (its just that my device has a slightly different name than what the firmware says it should be for). Is this normal? Is there something I need to do to make the names match?

This is the message the software gives me...

(In green)
File opened:
Upgrade Software ONLY for SXmini-20141129-1604-v1.3.
(In red)
This file unsupport SXmini-M-V1,But support SX350Mini-V1.

I assume the firmware is currently 1.31...

I pulled the firmware from here (scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click Driver and 1st Upgrade Firmware).

SXmini M Class manufacturers,SXmini M Class exporters,SXmini M Class suppliers,SXmini M Class OEM service.

I also tried the links provided in their faq found here:

SXmini-SXmini maker,SXmini,yihisxmini,yihiecigar,sx350,yihi sx350, yihi sx350 mini, yihiecigar sx350 mini, gravity sensor,www.yihisxmini.com,120w device

The links provided there are the following:

Driver
Download - SXI Driver 20140808

Firmware
Download - Upgrade Software ONLY for SXmini-20141129-1604-v1.3

Both sets of downloads have the same naming problem...
I don't think the software and firmware update for the M class has been issued yet (could be wrong--I know it's due out soon). If you use the ones for the S I think you can brick your device. I'd recommend that you wait/read before trying anything with the firmware on the M class so you're sure not to make a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread