Status
Not open for further replies.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Battery life is going to be horrible at 40 watts +. Battery life measured in relation too how many ml of juice you can vape on a charge. Vs " my battery lasted 2 days @ 60 watts ( because I only vaped 1 ml of juice). I think the version of this chip in the Ipv 3 is just a cheaper and better all around deal.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
ipv3 is much bigger than sx mini. sx mini is built a lot nicer than current ipv. mini ipv has yet to be seen but I doubt it is a $189 device. so build probably not the same there either. sx mini will take two batteries as well,forthcoming. that will make it somewhat larger though. yes indeed, 1 battery sucks at 40+ watts. if you want small though have to deal with it. at 35 watts I can vape 8ml and just change battery then. plus juice goes faster at higher watts. high watt is more expensive since it goes through more juice. I find I do not to vape nearly as much though. as I did at say, 14 watts.

just wondering if it is safe to pass through this? manual says nothing. you all know the warning on the ipv2/s. that will help battery life.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I did not even think about v2 etc. that is just going to happen with the Chinese stuff. I can either be happy with what I have or buy the new one. unless they make this more exclusive. it does say on their site it is a limited edition but I am sure it is mass produced. plus it is upgradeable. it does everything I need but I am sure it wil break at some point. it sems the downfall of all of these is mini usb port failure. I just wonder who handles the warranty on this if need be. at least with us made mods they can repair them in and out of warranty. this is perhaps just a more expensive disposable. in which case there will be v2 to get.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I did not even think about v2 etc. that is just going to happen with the Chinese stuff. I can either be happy with what I have or buy the new one. unless they make this more exclusive. it does say on their site it is a limited edition but I am sure it is mass produced. plus it is upgradeable. it does everything I need but I am sure it wil break at some point. it sems the downfall of all of these is mini usb port failure. I just wonder who handles the warranty on this if need be. at least with us made mods they can repair them in and out of warranty. this is perhaps just a more expensive disposable. in which case there will be v2 to get.

I plan on removing the battery, and using my Xtar VP1.. I'll only use the USB port for upgrades. ;) I have been using the USB for charging with my SX350 box mod for awhile with no issues though. (It's a PITA to take the back-cover off everytime) That said, I DID have USB issues before with a genuine Hana Modz DNA 30. I sent it in to repair that, AND a crooked 510 connection. When the mod arrived after repairs, the USB was fixed, but the new 510 was still crooked. I didn't bother sending it back in... That was a $250.00 mod.. :?:

EDIT: Entirely :offtopic: but since I mentioned the Xtar VP1.... I was looking for another one to use for back-up since the Black Friday sales are coming around, and found a smokin' deal.. $27.95! :ohmy: (Usually $49.99 most places) IMO, the Xtar VP1 is right up there with the Pila, and a damn good charger.;)

For those in the market for a sweet, full-featured charger: (use code VKBC for an additional 10% off) EDIT: Just found a 15% off coupon for new customers: MAKEMEAKING

http://www.vaporkings.com/XTAR-VP1-intelligent-charger-p/charger-xtar-vp1.htm

Last edited:

bonmatos

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
riviera, France
This is what I posted on the subject of the sxmini in France

SXmini Yihi : Vos créations de mods

10710802_10204894125054414_3292079861849215843_n.jpg

10343496_10204894139334771_5109238879815802074_n.jpg

And here the work... just ask nicely
http://www.yihisxmini.com/index.html

A ..... emoticon-0115-inlove.gif
Thank you...

good day... i am Very Happy
:) :toast:
The price is the same everywhere in the world now

Last edited:

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I am actually glad they set the price. no need to haggle and feel someone had a better price.

getting xtar. was going to get d2 but this is a better deal. thanks.

from the looks of it the threads may quickly wear/strip on the battery cover. the Chinese usb actually tends to be better than dna. I had several real hana fail. I mean they fixed it and it failed again. just a little crooked going in and it's done. I am concerned about the sx battery cap though. seems to be copper/soft. does not thread super easy either. tossup which to use there. of course taking it out provides non stop vaping. the size of this for a 18650 is unique so far and that is what I like best.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I am actually glad they set the price. no need to haggle and feel someone had a better price.

getting xtar. was going to get d2 but this is a better deal. thanks.

from the looks of it the threads may quickly wear/strip on the battery cover. the Chinese usb actually tends to be better than dna. I had several real hana fail. I mean they fixed it and it failed again. just a little crooked going in and it's done. I am concerned about the sx battery cap though. seems to be copper/soft. does not thread super easy either. tossup which to use there. of course taking it out provides non stop vaping. the size of this for a 18650 is unique so far and that is what I like best.

If you haven't ordered the Xtar VP1 yet, I just found a 15% off coupon if it's your 1st purchase: ;)

MAKEMEAKING

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
My SXmini just arrived... My first impression was, DAMN! this is small for an 18650 mod!.. I threw a Sony VTC5 in, and was glad to see that the end-cap screwed in way more than enough for the mod to sit flush on the table. :) This little mod is built like a brick outhouse....JUST AWESOME!

Feels great in the hand also.. :) I haven't had much vape-time in with it yet, but I can say that so far, it's great! :vapor: The display is crisp and clear, and the buttons have no rattle. I've paid more for high-end mods that I've been less pleased with for certain.. ;)

The warranty card states that it's covered for 1 year as long as one has the warranty card, and receipt.. I guess if there is an issue, just contact YiHi..

EDIT: Here are a couple of pics for size comparison... The REO is a longer VV model converted to a mech, which can also use an Evolv Kick 2 with an 18650. The SX350 box mod is the same size as the Hana.. The ProVari is in 18650 mode with an Hippo v2 AFC and Tatroe base / end-cap..

IMG_2464_zps4c89119b.jpg

IMG_2466_zps335bfb7e.jpg

Last edited:

madmaxny

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
amsterdam ny
I really like how SX mini looks except the price. If you have ipv2s, how would you rate against this?

I don't have an ipv2 but I do have a sigelei 50. The sxmini is by far a better device. It feels perfect in the hand, the look, the fire button. Ive only had it for a few hours. But imo it's worth the money.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I have ipv2s. sx mini blows it away but ipv2s is alright. it is in fact smaller than the real hana mini and takes an 18650! as others said it is built like a Sherman tank. I was disappointed ipv2s did not have the heft of the hana. the sx mini is like twice the heft of the hana! it feels like a solid piece of metal. where the ipv2s feels hollow. ipv2s still works just not as nice.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
it is "slightly" taller than the hana mini. it is slightly not as wide and not as thick. overall I would consider it a drop smaller than the hana. even though it is slightly taller. really only taller on the 510 ring. the hanas is recessed, this sticks up. put it this way, I do not know of a smaller device that takes a 18650. a 18650 is really a must. proprietary batteries suck imo. than how heavy solid this is is strange given it's size. if weight is a concern than that might be an issue. weighs about 50% more than the hana mini with battery.

with the mod,atlantis and small tip it disappears in my front jeans pocket. maybe even make it in a dress shirt pocket.

edit: that is strange. I only have real hanas. the full is a lot bigger. maybe clone is a different size?

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
edit: that is strange. I only have real hanas. the full is a lot bigger. maybe clone is a different size?

Nope... The SX350 box mod in my pics is the same size as the full-size genuine Hana (I've owned a few). I've also owned a couple of genuine Hana Mini's before..

That said, the SXmini IS smaller than the Hana full-size overall.. As I said, I'm also impressed with the small size, and how good it feels in the hand.. For some reason the "squareness" of the SX350 box mod in my pics make the SXmini look bigger in the pics than it actually looks / feels, if that makes any sense.. :p The side on the opposite end of the display is not much wider than an 18650 battery..

EDIT: The SXmini's top-cap is taller than the Hana full-size... But only by the thickness of the top-cap it's self.. The way the mod is designed makes it smaller overall, and more compact...

EDIT: Here are a couple more pics... Top-view, along with the SX350 box mod, and Joyetech eGrip, and with the small eGrip:

IMG_2472_zpsf0e11d7d.jpg

IMG_2473_zps50ae6008.jpg

Last edited:

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
it looks smaller than the hana full to me in your pics as well. I guess someone needs to actually measure these if they wish. the sx with the top cap is about the same height as the hana full but the rest of the dimensions are smaller than the hana mini. at least that is what I get looking at them here. the sx feels smaller than the hana full. about the same as the hana mini in palm.

my hana's all broke. which made me not afraid to buy Chinese. they will probably all break. they are not mechs. I will be slightly unhappy if there is a sx mini v2 next week. I hope this is a little more exclusive to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread